• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

FINALLY, I got an NSX!

I almost can't believe it. I bought the most beautifull 91 Black w/Ivory NSX.
only 40K
Comptech Exhaust
Comptech Adj. Suspension
4:55 Short Gears
Powergrip stage 1 clutch
18/17 Volk AV3's
SOS smart antena
carbon fiber dash kit
keyless remote w/trunk release
factory bra
factory car cover
Original Window Sticker & Finance paperwork
All records

I flew from Louisiana on Thrusday to Sacramento, CA. and of course driving it back. I stopped off in Phoenix for a couple of days(where I'm currently at actually). Its a nice long drive(a lil over 2000 miles) but I'm enjoying it.
O'yea, I stopped a SOS yesterday and got the Cantrell Air Induction System and the Uni filter installed. I have pictures but will have to post them in a few days when I get back home.

Greg Z said:
I almost can't believe it. I bought the most beautifull 91 Black w/Ivory NSX.
only 40K
Comptech Exhaust
Comptech Adj. Suspension
4:55 Short Gears
Powergrip stage 1 clutch
18/17 Volk AV3's
SOS smart antena
carbon fiber dash kit
keyless remote w/trunk release
factory bra
factory car cover
Original Window Sticker & Finance paperwork
All records

I flew from Louisiana on Thrusday to Sacramento, CA. and of course driving it back. I stopped off in Phoenix for a couple of days(where I'm currently at actually). Its a nice long drive(a lil over 2000 miles) but I'm enjoying it.
O'yea, I stopped a SOS yesterday and got the Cantrell Air Induction System and the Uni filter installed. I have pictures but will have to post them in a few days when I get back home.

Nice...Enjoy the drive.
If you are going through New Mexico, make sure you take pics at "The Rest Stop"

I will come back with a link..

No, its not in Snapring range.
Yes, I going thru New Mexico, whats "The Rest Stop"?

5758Nsxrest2-thumb.jpg

There is a thread, on Prime, where everyone just happens to take this picture. Coincedently!
I may have ruined it, but it was kinda weird that we were all parking, in some cases the same spots, to take this picture....

I can't remember the thread title..

congrats greg, i remember how much of a hard time you had to convince your wife to get a nsx and even sold your camaro for it.

did your wife come along with you for this trip? if yes what does she think of the car? and for you, was it worth selling the camaro for this car? was it exactly as you expected for did it exceed your expectations?

s14_tat said:
congrats greg, i remember how much of a hard time you had to convince your wife to get a nsx and even sold your camaro for it.

did your wife come along with you for this trip? if yes what does she think of the car? and for you, was it worth selling the camaro for this car? was it exactly as you expected for did it exceed your expectations?
No, she didn't get to come with me because she had to run the Store(and cover my shift, shes not happy). Strangely enough, I really don't miss the 69 Camaro that much because I never drove it. The NSX is exactly how I expected if not better thanks to an honest seller.

BTW: Which way where those other guys traveling when going thru New Mexico? That way I know which side of the road the reststop is on.

Greg Z said:
No, she didn't get to come with me because she had to run the Store(and cover my shift, shes not happy). Strangely enough, I really don't miss the 69 Camaro that much because I never drove it. The NSX is exactly how I expected if not better thanks to an honest seller.

BTW: Which way where those other guys traveling when going thru New Mexico? That way I know which side of the road the reststop is on.

Coming East, at least I was...
Found it.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68282

Last edited:
Glad you're enjoying it Gregg... It was a pleasure meeting you, and I know my car( your car) is in good hands. I've read earlier posts about members emotions watching their car being driven away. All I can say is "IT'S TRUE".
Not a good feeling.. but at least comforted that Gregg is excited,and will take good care of the car. Not sure what's in my car future??? But I have to say the NSX is the best car I've owned. Great NSX Community, Great Prime site.

Gregg,
Congratulations and enjoy the ride home :cool: Don't forget to join the NSXCA to keep up with the latest events and of course keep posting about your trip home on Prime. Look forward to seeing more posts in the future from the latest NSX family member :biggrin:

Congrats, I'm glad you waited for the right one to come along. Only 40K miles too, thats a great find.

Enjoy It!

Congrats Greg and welcome to the club. Maybe you can keep going and come to NSXPO in Orlando. Just tell the wife that the car drove on it's own to meet with it's family members. :biggrin:

I made it ! Man, do I love this car. The shortgears and the clutch are incredible, night and day difference frrom a stock one. I presume that the shortgears in the 91-96 make it feel like a 97+?, am I correct?
BTW: Plenty of pics in a day or two.

Awesome! Great to see another owner here in the great state of Louisiana. I'll have to take a drive up to alec sometime or maybe meet up somewhere in the middle for a drive.
Mike, the service manager at Walker Acura in Metairie just got a 92.....hopefully we can all do a drive together....CONGRATULATIONS on your new ride!

Congrats! and welcome to "the dark side" :cool:

Alright, we've got pictures.
pic 1-pulling up to the PO's house in Woodridge, Cali.
pic 2-BAM ! Look whats behind door #1
pic 3-PO wiping her down
pic 4-PO shedding a tear, cause within 30 secs. I'll be driving off for Louisiana
pic 5-following PO, check out those vineyards!

Attachments

• NSX CALI PHOENIX TRIP 002 (Small).jpg
    NSX CALI PHOENIX TRIP 002 (Small).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 94
  • NSX CALI PHOENIX TRIP 001 (Small).jpg
    NSX CALI PHOENIX TRIP 001 (Small).jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 107
  • NSX CALI PHOENIX TRIP 003 (Small).jpg
    NSX CALI PHOENIX TRIP 003 (Small).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 129
  • NSX CALI PHOENIX TRIP 005 (Small).jpg
    NSX CALI PHOENIX TRIP 005 (Small).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 142
  • NSX CALI PHOENIX TRIP 004 (Small).jpg
    NSX CALI PHOENIX TRIP 004 (Small).jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Nice car Greg,

Sorry, I missed you coming through AZ. I had to take the family to Disneyland, but I hope some of the guys met up with you at the Pavillions.

Take Care

creative338 said:
Nice car Greg,

Sorry, I missed you coming through AZ. I had to take the family to Disneyland, but I hope some of the guys met up with you at the Pavillions.

Take Care
No, nobody met up with me but I did go a lil late. Heres some pics.
4056_.jpg

4057_.jpg

4058_.jpg

4059_.jpg

4060_.jpg

4061_.jpg

4062_.jpg

Back