• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

First post from proud new owner

I promised myself I will never post on Prime until I have a NSX to call my own. So for as long as I can rememberI've been a lurker on these forums, but yesterday I finally bought a NSX!
biggrin.gif

I want to thank Ken S., Paul L., and Jeff B. for making this experience a positive one. Hopefully, I will see each of you at "The Glen" next year.

Finally, a parting photo -- this is what happens to a black car's fascia after 14 hours on the highway. Luckily, it's ALL bug splatter.

bugs.jpg

Gee, it didn't look that way when I saw it yesterday...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by fangtl:
Hopefully, I will see each of you at "The Glen" next year.

I don't have any plans to go to the Glen next year. But I'll be there for NSXPO 2004!

OTOH, maybe I'll talk you into signing up for the BMW CCA event I do every Memorial Day weekend at Mid-Ohio...

Is this the same fangtl from honda-tech?
smile.gif

Congrats...where did you find it and do you mind me asking how much you picked it up for...maybe e-mail me if you dont want to post it? Im so ready to buy one, but the market is so overfilled with ITR's right now Im having no luck selling mine.

All good things come to those who wait....so wait I shall.

Congrats again!

Originally posted by RatedR:
Is this the same fangtl from honda-tech?
smile.gif

Yes, he is.

Is this the same RatedR from honda-tech?
smile.gif

This is the same nsxtasy from the S2000/NSX forum on honda-tech, and the same nsxtcjr from the ITR forum on honda-tech.

Actually, there are really only three people on all the automotive forums in the world, but the three of us use a lot of different usernames. Did you know that I am BoostedMR2 and ALLAN?
biggrin.gif

Im so ready to buy one, but the market is so overfilled with ITR's right now Im having no luck selling mine.

Huh? My impression is that nice ITRs are hard to come by... of course, it all depends at what price. The ITR market is pretty competitive, and it's just a matter of not asking too much. Which, come to think of it, is true of the NSX market and just about any market (cars, houses, etc)...

congrats. you obviously have all the symptoms of love, 14hrs straight and cant leave her, dont care if you wake up and she has bug splatter all over her face. enjoy your new beauty....

Nsxtacy: yup im the same RatedR. lol.

Well I believe my Type R to be priced right and its in perfect condition...all maintanence work done, oil always changed every 3000 miles....its mint with a few rock chips up front of course. Im including my Mugen suspension with it (stock suspension comes along also) and the JDM final drive. Plus an extra set of wheels with Azenis mounted. So that should sweetin the deal.

Ill have to just keep posting until it sells.

------------------
00 ITR #671. For Sale.
92 Civic CX (daily driver)

Looking to buy an NSX soon, but have to sell the Type R first!

Pardon me if I go OT for a sec...

Ill have to just keep posting until it sells.

Here's a tip: Post the car ONLY. If you're looking to sell other stuff, put it in a separate post.

Part of the problem is that your car has a lot of miles for a 2000, and it's hard to figure out how much to deduct for the mileage. People are going to compare yours with others on the market, and the others (for 2000) are almost all going to have fewer miles. That means your price will have to be a bit less than others. So you might need to drop the price by a grand or two to generate more interest.

I would also consider putting the stock hood back on and selling the CF one separately.

Just my O - HTH...

(Anyone who's interested in seeing the post, click here.)

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 30 August 2002).]

RatedR: I suggest you keep the ITR, it's such a wonderful and versatile little car. In fact, I am seriously thinking about buying another CW ITR to replace my stolen (RIP) 97 CW.

Hey Ken, isn't this thread about my NSX? Don't try to steal my spotlight
smile.gif

Seriosuly though, I just finished "Zymol"ing the car; but it's drizzling here in MD. I should have pictures of the car up in the Picture Gallery in the next few days.

Back