• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Flying on the Airbus A380

Hey All,

I'll be flying on the inagural Airbus A380 Commercial flight into North America today (Dubai - JFK EK3801) and will be taking photos and doing a mini-write up if anyone's interested.

As well as being a car nut I'm also a aircraft nut so I'll try and post my comments and photos next week.

Rumour has it that Emirates has changed Economy Class making it comfortable and luxurious so we'll see if the standard has changed. Business Class has been revamped to add more individual space and features. First Class already takes the cake with on-board showers which cycle for 5 mins.

Jetpilot

Hey All,

I'll be flying on the inagural Airbus A380 Commercial flight into North America today (Dubai - JFK EK3801) and will be taking photos and doing a mini-write up if anyone's interested.

As well as being a car nut I'm also a aircraft nut so I'll try and post my comments and photos next week.

Rumour has it that Emirates has changed Economy Class making it comfortable and luxurious so we'll see if the standard has changed. Business Class has been revamped to add more individual space and features. First Class already takes the cake with on-board showers which cycle for 5 mins.

Jetpilot

Will you be bringing your NSX back with you to Dubai on the A380? :biggrin:

Looking forward to the review! I hope to fly one soon!

That's quite a plane. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about your flight. The plane might be too large for me.:confused:

cant wait to see how the dubains fly, i bet that plane is pretty nice!

were there any z06/vipers/gt's/s7's put in the cargo bays to come over for an oil change:tongue:

"The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which runs the region's airports, spent $179 million upgrading JFK facilities to accommodate the A380."

Wow.

"Some of us were lucky, we had showers before got off the airplane," Emirates President Tim Clark said, shortly after disembarking, losing no time in marketing the plane's two "shower spas," 14 first-class suites, bar and lounge.

and its owned by the dubai government:cool: i wonder if the dubai's highway patrol car of choice is the bugatti veyron or enzo ferrari's, or other?:tongue:

That would be interesting to compare with Singapore Airline's. Here's some pictures I took earlier this year on business class.

A380-seat3-1.jpg

A380-seat2.jpg

Placed my laptop there for size comparison
A380-seat1.jpg

Let us know, how it is:smile:

Last edited:
Thats awesome, the A380 is such a massive piece of engineering talent...seeing one in real life is shocking as it makes the 747's look like dwarfs in comparison.....and I also heared that Emirates has one of the best inflight service in the industry. Keep us posted on your experience. :smile:

That sounds nice. I've honestly never even been in anything larger than a 737 :eek: Well commercially that is...been in many C-130's

Last edited:
Hey All,

Jetpilot

Your coming to NYC? Where we going? I hear party in the near future!

You know, anyone angry about the high price of carbon car parts should look to the A380 (and the 787, and the Joint Strike Fighter). So much carbon used in any of these three that between them, they've bought up something like half the world supply in long term contracts.

Of course, car parts are usually overpriced for several other reasons as well, but this doesn't help. Still, amazing plane.

Nick

There are pretty amazing. First time I slept 6 hours straight in any aircraft!! Stability comes from the size. Noise reduction... well, I guess both the integral design and of course the supplied noise cancellation headsets.

One thing does still bother me- emergency mass evacuation on such sized aircraft.

Well, it did pass the industry certification tests for rapid evac. I would be more worried about what it will do to already crowded airports. Five hundred people at a time could create quite the traffic jam in the terminal.

On the other hand, a lot of terminals are overcrowded already. It might be that the A380 will improve things by forcing the airports to upgrade the infrastructure.

Nick

Would that be from the bladder or anus?
I don't know what to answer with that:biggrin: I guess both! lol

Well, it did pass the industry certification tests for rapid evac. I would be more worried about what it will do to already crowded airports. Five hundred people at a time could create quite the traffic jam in the terminal.

On the other hand, a lot of terminals are overcrowded already. It might be that the A380 will improve things by forcing the airports to upgrade the infrastructure.

Nick

873 people in 77secs with the beating the requirement of 120 secs. Yes, wonder how many people during the certification process represent real life situation i.e. infants, children, elderly or people requiring wheel chairs. Just my thoughts.
And for the airport facilities, that could be another issue hence the upgrade requirements for the A380

Last edited:
i think the idea of the bigger plane is to fly more people at the same time, to take less flights, hence instead of two or three planes departing a day to one location it could be 1, hence a little bit more full of a terminal, but possibly less crowded in the airport overall. thats just if airlines decided to upgrade thier fleets, which i dont really think they have the money to do right now:tongue:

did it say there was like 3 airports made to be able to accept the a380? i dont know, im just rambling rightnow:confused:

did it say there was like 3 airports made to be able to accept the a380? i dont know, im just rambling rightnow:confused:

It arrived in San Francisco today.

Is Jetpilot still disembarking?:eek: Where is the blog:confused:

Back