• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

For those with front/rear "H" badges?

Talk to SOS. The red NSX-R badges are slightly different for NA1 and NA2. I got 2 NA1's from them. Don't have the part #'S handy (at work), but the NA1 is a slightly different Red and the "H" design is a little less rounded than the NA2...
Tim.

I recently purchased part no. 75701-SLO-J61 "supposedly the rear badge" and already had one thats been out of the package for a couple years but still brand new. It was supposedly for the front but they are identical. These both really look like the front since they are rather large.

Y'know, I'm not sure if the rear badge is the same as the front, or even available separate from the center tail. I would think the rear does not utilize the pins and speed nuts as does the front. When I redid my rear center tail, I replaced "Acura" with "NSX" artwork (I'm a graphics guy), then broke the two pins off the NA1 badge and only utilized the attached double-sided tape to affix to the outside of the center tail...what a job though...can't imagine doing the L and R tails for an LED setup...so I wired in custom sequential turn/brake with my stock bulbs...definitely different!

Hi,

NSX-R badge NA2: 75701-S1A-E11ZB (front)

i can confirm this as i have one right here in front of me that i bought from Sudesh and was advertised as Front

I also have the OEM NA2 NSX-R rear center tailight piece, but that P/N is for the entire thing, not for the badge.

The funny thing is that i did go to the rear of my NSX right now and both are EXACTLY, shape and size, the same.

As i have seen 2 different part numbers, i'm left with:

- Honda have 2 equally shaped badges with different PN
or
- The one i have, 75701-S1A-E11ZB, is the rear one and NOT the front.

Nuno

I posted this before,

On 2002+ NSX-R, the front and rear badges are not the same type.

The front badge, is actually from the rear of a Honda Accord!

No 6 in parts pic. 75701-S1A-E11ZB

75701S1AE11ZB ( 75701-S1A-E11ZB ) EMBLEM, CENTER (H) *R81*

B__4200.jpg

75701-S1A-E11ZB.jpg

The rear badge is unique to the car. 75701-SL0-J61

OEM NA2 NSX-R

75522-SL0-J61.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I should have the front one in about a week and i will post pictures of both side by side, and the backsides.

Mike

Last edited:
Thanks, i have a rear one removed from the light so i will have the front and rear one together to compare.

Mike

Last edited:
Hi,

well... there is a clear confusion here.

OEM NA2 NSX-R Rear Center Tailight PN 75522-SL0-J61:

This photo was shot by me just before i installed it on my NSX.

I bought this from RJP and it came on it's own OEM box, from where i removed
the PN label to take the photo.

The OEM NA2 NSX-R front badge that Sudesh sold me, as he confirms, is 75701-S1A-E11ZB.

While i was writing my previous post, i took this front badge and go to the rear of my NSX and put it over the rear one, and side by side with it:

THEY ARE THE SAME

I will take some photos of them side by side and post here in about 9h (in the morning here).

So, again, EITHER:

- Honda have the same badge with 2 different PNs

OR

- The one i have, 75701-S1A-E11ZB, is NOT the front of the OEM NA2 NSX-R.

One of the above is TRUE

Nuno

Last edited:
Hi,

well... there is a clear confusion here.

OEM NA2 NSX-R Rear Center Tailight PN 75522-SL0-J61:

This photo was shot by me just before i installed it on my NSX.

I bought this from RJP and it came on it's own OEM box, from where i removed
the PN label to take the photo.

The OEM NA2 NSX-R front badge that Sudesh sold me, as he confirms, is 75701-S1A-E11ZB.

While i was writing my previous post, i took this front badge and go to the rear of my NSX and put it over the rear one, and side by side with it:

THEY ARE THE SAME

I will take some photos of them side by side and post here in about 9h (in the morning here).

So, again, EITHER:

- Honda have the same badge with 2 different PNs

OR

- The one i have, 75701-S1A-E11ZB, is NOT the front of the OEM NA2 NSX-R.

One of the above is TRUE

Nuno

The one you have IS the genuine NSX-R front badge, as already mentioned, it's the same as shared with the accord, dont really like you using my name and then refering to it NOT being the front of the OEM NSX-R? I have never sold a part incorrectly to anyone!

Your part number for the rear is different because you bought the whole centre assembly, which I'm sure you know by now. The rear badge can be bought separately, AND as mentioned above, it does have a unique part number compared to the front one.

And yes, it's very possible Honda use 2 different part numbers for the same item, however the only EXACT way to tell is, by having both front and rear badges together and checking all the dimensions. Even a slight color change and they would change the part number.

I've not had the rear badge yet, but I always though the rear badge looked more translucent. [could be wrong]

Last edited:
Well if their the same size and are suppose to be then that works for me. What confused me was I did purchase the rear center piece from RJP a few years back and the rear badge was identical to the front but noticeably smaller than the front.:confused: Can I assume the NA1 type-R rear badge was smaller back then?

Hi,

The one you have IS the genuine NSX-R front badge, as already mentioned, it's the same as shared with the accord, dont really like you using my name and then refering to it NOT being the front of the OEM NSX-R? I have never sold a part incorrectly to anyone!
Man... i'm sorry if i was not clear, but i never had the intention to question your honesty...if you felt offended in any way, please accept my apollogies.

I don't have anything but the best to say about you.

Please understand that i was just pointing out the only 2 possible alternatives for this to happen.

Your part number for the rear is different because you bought the whole centre assembly, which I'm sure you know by now.
I said exactly that in my previous post.

The rear badge can be bought separately, AND as mentioned above, it does have a unique part number compared to the front one.
i knew it was also sold separately... i think i also said that, i just didn't posted any PN for it

And yes, it's very possible Honda use 2 different part numbers for the same item, (...)
So, as i thought, one of my two sentences had to be true....:wink:

however the only EXACT way to tell is, by having both front and rear badges together and checking all the dimensions. Even a slight color change and they would change the part number.
as i said i would, i just took photos of them together. There is NO difference between them, either in shape, size, color, transparency, ...anything.

If you had the two in your hands, you would swear it would be two of the same.

Here are the photos:

What do you say?? :wink:

I think it's pretty clear that Honda has two PNs for the same part.

Thanks,
Nuno

Yeah they look the exact same to me too! Can't really see any differences at the front or side, unless there is something different at the rear? [like centering pins] But doubt that too. As that would just cause problems with condensation in the lense.

I'm going to get the rear badge from Honda Japan, see what the difference in price is if any. The rear badge has the dedicated SL0 number which is very strange seeing as the front badge doesn't and is from the accord. You would think Honda would ave noticed this being the same badge.

I would say its quite clear that, if people wanted the front and rear facelift NSX-R badges, then they could order 2 of the accord type, as I really can't see any difference.

On pre-facelift NSX-R, the front H badge, is actually just the standard red badge, from a standard NSX. The rear is a bit more awkward for you guys in the US, as you do require the compete centre panel because the H is inside and it's black, plus the pre-Facelift NSX-R tail lights and centre panel are darker that the US version. what you could do though is split the center panel, remove the A [Acura] symbol and have the black H made in black vinyl/decal and that would create a similar affect.

Hi,

Yeah they look the exact same to me too! Can't really see any differences at the front or side, unless there is something different at the rear? [like centering pins] But doubt that too. As that would just cause problems with condensation in the lense.
doubt it, for 2 reasons:
- if i try to rotate it, i feel it wiggle a bit, which it wouldn't do if it had pins
- if the badge had pins, the center lens had to have holes, and i don't think Honda would produce a new part (lens) just for that.

I'm going to get the rear badge from Honda Japan, see what the difference in price is if any. The rear badge has the dedicated SL0 number which is very strange seeing as the front badge doesn't and is from the accord.
we all know that SL0 in the PN means the part costs more :tongue:

You would think Honda would ave noticed this being the same badge.
the parts guy probably done the job on a Friday afternoon and was in a hurry to get home for the weekend :tongue:

I would say its quite clear that, if people wanted the front and rear facelift NSX-R badges, then they could order 2 of the accord type, as I really can't see any difference.
Yeap... 2 badges like this one, and a OEM 91-05 Acura rear center piece (as it is red, not dark tint as JDM/Euro) is all that is needed to have NSX-R NA2 badges front and rear

On pre-facelift NSX-R, the front H badge, is actually just the standard red badge, from a standard NSX. The rear is a bit more awkward for you guys in the US, as you do require the compete centre panel because the H is inside and it's black, plus the pre-Facelift NSX-R tail lights and centre panel are darker that the US version. what you could do though is split the center panel, remove the A [Acura] symbol and have the black H made in black vinyl/decal and that would create a similar affect.
it would be similar, but as Hugabuga showed, the JDM/Euro one has the H engraved with a 3D look to it.

Nuno

The centre piece is different on Pre-facelift due to the color, but on facelift I was led to believe the color is the same as US cars, as the tail lights in facelift model are the same as JDM. Didn't relise there was a difference there.

Also the the tail light between JDM face lift and JDM Pre-Facelift are not the same color!

Last edited:
Hi,

1. doubt it, for 2 reasons:
- if i try to rotate it, i feel it wiggle a bit, which it wouldn't do if it had pins
- if the badge had pins, the center lens had to have holes, and i don't think Honda would produce a new part (lens) just for that.

we all know that SL0 in the PN means the part costs more :tongue:

the parts guy probably done the job on a Friday afternoon and was in a hurry to get home for the weekend :tongue:

Yeap... 2 badges like this one, and a OEM 91-05 Acura rear center piece (as it is red, not dark tint as JDM/Euro) is all that is needed to have NSX-R NA2 badges front and rear

2. it would be similar, but as Hugabuga showed, the JDM/Euro one has the H engraved with a 3D look to it.

Nuno

1. That's why I said doubt it as it would cause condensation issues lol

2. That's why I said similar affect.

Hi,

The centre piece is different on Pre-facelift due to the color, but on facelift I was led to believe the color is the same as US cars, as the tail lights in facelift model are the same as JDM. Didn't relise there was a difference there.
I have:
- OEM NA2 NSX-R center tailight (JDM)
- OEM Left and Right 02+ tailights (USDM)

i notice that the center piece is a bit darker red than the lateral ones.... don't really know if you can see that in the pictures,

EDIT - I don't know if there is really a difference in color between the JDM and the US 02+ center lens (the badge difference is obvious)

Nuno

Last edited:
Hi,

I have:
- OEM NA2 NSX-R center tailight (JDM)
- OEM Left and Right 02+ tailights (USDM)

i notice that the center piece is a bit darker red than the lateral ones.... don't really know if you can see that in the pictures,

Nuno

It could be darker because the sun has not hit it yet making it go a bit lighter in color.

Also, The centre tail piece on Pre-Facelift JDM is NOT the same color as the facelift JDM cars. Pre-facelift is quite a bit darker.

Hi,

It could be darker because the sun has not hit it yet making it go a bit lighter in color.
i think that is not the case as i installed all of them at once and all were brand new, so they have the same sun exposure.

Also, The centre tail piece on Pre-Facelift JDM is NOT the same color as the facelift JDM cars. Pre-facelift is quite a bit darker.
yes... pre-facelift JDM/Euro have a dark tint, like a dark magenta or something, and i've seen JDM facelift ones to be a bright red as the NSX-R and USDM ones.

Nuno

The rear one does not have pins but the back side does look strange. It's not just flat like you would think, it is sort of a grooved black backside. Mine was removed from the light so it has no adhesive.

You would think the front would have pins since the bumper has holes and the oem "A" has pins, but who knows.

Mike

Back