• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

For Track Event Attendee's at NSXPO2004

Hi Folks,

Just a quick update to let you know that the track event info packets have been mailed out this morning. It is a very complete package and also includes the "NSXPO2004 Techincal Inspection Sheet", which is required, along with acceptance of your helmet, in order to participate:).

Please expect to recieve it within the next few days via regular mail. If you just cannot wait:), go to: http://www.nsxpo.com/2004/school.htm At the bottom of the page is a link to the Track Event Information in .pdf format. The Tech Inspection Sheet is also posted in .pdf format.

Looking forward to see you there,
Thanks,
LarryB

Last edited:
Thanks, Larry. I was just wondering about when I would see the package. Time is running short and I wanted to get the car in for the inspection!
I'm going to make the appointment and print the form off the web in case the package doesn't arrive in time. Mail is a little slow sometimes out here on the tundra ;)

Dave

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Question: Can you get a refund now if you do not want to do the track days if you already paid ?
As noted in the event brochure:

"Registration fees will be refundable in full if your request for a refund is received by September 17, 2004. Requests for cancellations received after this date will be refunded only if the reservation can be filled with another participant."

ibDursty said:
Is the track event full as far as you know already? Just wondering if I should go ahead and pay now or not.
The track event is NOT full yet, although we have approximately 60 students registered, which is about what we originally expected. As noted in this topic, the late registration penalty is being waived through today, Saturday. Some time tomorrow (Sunday), I'm going to process all the registrations entered on the event website in the past few days. If there are any entered Sunday morning, before I download the data, they'll get the late penalty waived also. After that, any registrations will have to pay the late penalty (and we'll likely be closing off registration some time within the following few days).

In other words, if you're interested in registering for the event, do it right away.

OK.. I submitted payment, and I think I paid for NSXCA twice since it was the only way I could get the next screen. I guess they can get it straighted out later. I paid for NSXCA membership yestersday through paypal, and faxed the form over but I hadn't received my NSXCA membership number yet. I needed that number to enter that on the field to go the next screen when signing up for NSXPO.

ibDursty said:
OK.. I submitted payment, and I think I paid for NSXCA twice since it was the only way I could get the next screen. I guess they can get it straighted out later. I paid for NSXCA membership yestersday through paypal, and faxed the form over but I hadn't received my NSXCA membership number yet. I needed that number to enter that on the field to go the next screen when signing up for NSXPO.
I'll check it out and make sure you only pay once. I'll be going through registrations some time today and will let you know at that time.

Hello,

I have received the packet. Thank you.

I was wondering if the packet is supposed to contain information on the Run-Group Schedule and Instructor assignment? If so, it was not in my packet. Could you please tell me where I can download it from? If not, please disregard this message.

Thank you.

I know this sounds like i'm bummin but I figured I'd throw it out there.

I bought some carbotech panthers and well.. they squeek.. I also just bought the harbor freight jack but I don't think it's gonna make it in time before nsxpo.

So.. before i leave i'm thinking about switching out the pads to the bobcats and then changing them out at the track. Does anyone have a jack that I may borrow before and after to do this transition? All help would be appreciated..

thanks,
xavier

VBNSX said:
I know this sounds like i'm bummin but I figured I'd throw it out there.

I bought some carbotech panthers and well.. they squeek.. I also just bought the harbor freight jack but I don't think it's gonna make it in time before nsxpo.

So.. before i leave i'm thinking about switching out the pads to the bobcats and then changing them out at the track. Does anyone have a jack that I may borrow before and after to do this transition? All help would be appreciated..

thanks,
xavier

Xavier-

Are you going to meet up for the caravan leaving my house in Tyson's Corner Thursday morning? If so, you are welcome to take my jack with you.

RSO 34 said:
Tiger -

That info will be supplied at registration at the hotel along with your car numbers.

Thanks, Bob.

I am going straight to the track on Monday (I am leaving Boston on Sunday afternoon, and will be staying at a place in Watkins Glen). Is this something that I can pick up on Monday morning?

TigerNSX said:
I am going straight to the track on Monday (I am leaving Boston on Sunday afternoon, and will be staying at a place in Watkins Glen). Is this something that I can pick up on Monday morning?
Yes, this should be part of the information that is handed out - either at registration at the hotel for those participating in the activities over the weekend, or at registration at the track first thing Monday morning for those (like you) who are only participating in the track event.

Xavier -

Plenty of us will have jacks there that you can use. You're certainly welcome to use mine. I'm gonna put on my track pads a few days early, I've found they embed better and so work a lot better if they're not freshly mated with the rotors there at the track. It's also tough to do a proper embed/cool-down routine at the track. I can deal with the squeaks for few days. Newer track pads these days are pretty rotor friendly when they're cold - although you do have to heat 'em up with extra pressure when you first brake.

Jeff

Jeff A said:
Xavier -

Plenty of us will have jacks there that you can use. You're certainly welcome to use mine. I'm gonna put on my track pads a few days early, I've found they embed better and so work a lot better if they're not freshly mated with the rotors there at the track. It's also tough to do a proper embed/cool-down routine at the track. I can deal with the squeaks for few days. Newer track pads these days are pretty rotor friendly when they're cold - although you do have to heat 'em up with extra pressure when you first brake.

Jeff

Jeff.. are you gonna be at the same hotel as everyone else? I know that you're gonna be doing some track time at the glen before everyone else.. I guess I'll just put the pads on at the hotel... (hopefully they won't mind)... but if that is not an option I guess the track it is....

Sig, I appreciate the hospitality but unfortunately i think I'll be doing a seperate drive without everyone since I will have to pick someone up in Philly.... thanks a bunch though...

Wow.. i really appreciate the quick responses.... nsxprime is soo awesome for networking..

thanks again guys,
xavier

Yep, me and several other track hounds from the SouthEast here, all with jacks, all at the event hotel.

It's just around the corner, really getting psyched - NSXPO is such a blast!

Jeff

As many have mentioned there will be plenty of track support and tech folks and tools on hand. We have also hired (Davis Acura has sponsored) Randy Ames, a certified fully trianed NSX mechanic who will be on staff for the track days. Randy is a regular tech at Trackmasters driving school who is running the event.

Certianly pad changes will not be an issue. For that though make sure you bring the pads you want and you will be good to go.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
As many have mentioned there will be plenty of track support and tech folks and tools on hand. We have also hired (Davis Acura has sponsored) Randy Ames, a certified fully trianed NSX mechanic who will be on staff for the track days. Randy is a regular tech at Trackmasters driving school who is running the event.

Certianly pad changes will not be an issue. For that though make sure you bring the pads you want and you will be good to go.

HTH,
LarryB

Yeah i have two sets of pads... at first i was running the bobcats but found that it didn't give me the stopping power i needed. Then I bought a set of panther plus' for the fronts... what an awesome change... unfortunately i got massive squeek (I was hoping i'd be lucky on that part). So i'm just going to change to the bobcats for regular driving and then switch to the panthers probably saturday or something. Think it'd be ok to do at the hotel?

x

Acura NsX Pilot said:
If anyone is interested in the track event and has not paid yet my spot is open.
Then you're going to miss the most fun you could ever have with your NSX!

VBNSX said:
So i'm just going to change to the bobcats for regular driving and then switch to the panthers probably saturday or something. Think it'd be ok to do at the hotel?
Yes.

Keep in mind that it will be easier if you do this during daylight hours. Make sure you have all the tools you need, including something to push the pistons back into the calipers, metric sockets, etc.

Back