• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Formula D in Chicago June 10 - NSX area!

Formula D is coming to the parking lot of Soldier Field Saturday June 10th.

I went to this event last year (as a spectator). It was awesome! Pure carnage, smoke, sideways action. The cars are pretty much driving at 10/10ths the whole time.

Last year, they had a car show of medium size. There was only one NSX there (Ahad's white wide-body). There should be more NSXs at an IMPORT event!

I e-mailed the marketing maganger for Formula D and asked if we (NSXCA) could have our own area in the car show. He said, due to limited space this year, they would not be having a car show BUT he would have a special area for us available if we could give an accurate head count. They dig the NSX!

NSXs on display! One caveat - the NSXs must be modded, no stock cars.

I think it would be a lot of fun to be a part of this show. The NSX gathering we had at the Battle of the Imports last year was cool. The NSX is one of the pinnacle cars of the import world and is usually a pretty big hit at these events.

Val, RutRX7, NSX6, Q, Bob Kenney... are you guys interested?
Anybody else with a modded out NSX?

- Frank

I might be interested. Hopefully I'll get my new front splitter beforehand.

What time are you going? (I have to work until about 2pm) I think it would be awesome to represent the local NSX community!biggrin:

Dave - This is an all day sort of event. I still have to finalize the details, but I'm assuming it will be like most car shows where there is a roll-in time you have to be in by. But I'll confirm.

For everyone interested, Formula D wants to know by Monday who is in.

I think this event is worth doing if we can get five cars together. Besides the drifting action, there's lots to see and do - it's a cool atmosphere - and I'm sure there will be even more people this year (last year was pretty full for the size of the venue).

- Frank

Hey guys, if something is going to be going down on saturday, would you guys mind cruising through downtown/290/90-94? I have a video camera that I recently got for a birthday present and there would be nothing better than to test it out while at the same time filming beautiful NSX's running through the city.:wink:

What do you guys think? Let me know....oh yea here is a recent video that I made..let me know what you guys think..(yea I know I shouldn't have run him through traffic.:redface: but it was 1:00 AM in the morning..:eek:

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/nomie/0/33396be3-c98f-45b8-ac16-9e03b1856b5b.htm

Frank Oles said:
The NSX club involvement in the Formula D drift event is off due to lack of interest and conflicting events on the same day.

It amazes me how hard it is to get large interest in anything around the Midwest. Especially in a city like CHICAGO!! Good job on trying though....I give you Kudos for that.

I think there are a lot of barriers for planning car events in our neck of the woods.

1. Weather sucks for half the year. A great percentage of car people I know (including myself) put their cars away for the winter. When you can't put your nice car on the road at will, it is limiting.
2. The West Coast is a car culture. Midwest is not. Although there are many passionate car people in Chicago, the vibe is alot different on the West Coast. People aren't as afraid to drive older cars there - they don't rust out and weather is better. Hence the opportnity for year-round individuality.
3. The West Coast has a larger exotic car pool. When the average house costs 800K to 1.5 mil, spending 70-100K on a car doesn't look as excessive.

This particular event had its own barriers.
1. The NSX is not a drift machine, hence limited appeal.
2. Limited amount of "tuned" NSXs. Formula Ds request for "tuner" NSXs further limited an already shallow pool. Only a handful of heavily modded cars around here.

- Frank

Back