• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Frankfurt Germany

I'm sitting in the airport right now in San Francisco California waiting to board my flight to Frankfurt Germany...

So what is there to do over in Frankfurt? Anything I should go see or things I should do?

Thanks!

I'm sitting in the airport right now in San Francisco California waiting to board my flight to Frankfurt Germany...

So what is there to do over in Frankfurt? Anything I should go see or things I should do?

Thanks!

Personally compared to other German cities Frankfurt's a city I could see over a day or so and be done. However I do enjoy walking around the city center, Römer in Frankfurt am Main, and down by the river and taking it in. It is nice to walk around a place with such historic signifigance. If the beer gardens are open, not sure might be too early I would stop in and have a beer or two.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Frankfurt

Try some German food, I will check with my colleagues(work for german company) if you want for any other recommendations. How long are you staying there?

If you can take a metro down to Stuttgart, you can see the Mercedes Benz and Porsche Museums. MB just put up a new one and I hear the Porsche one has been rennovated and much better than when I saw it.

And if you can rent a car for a couple days, the Ruf factory in Pffenhausen is a must.

Funny, I'm leaving for Frankfurt on Monday, April 9th.
Be there for a day or two. I'll try to make time for that museum.

venom, where will you be staying?

everything is pretty much closed today due to a German holiday. I'm just in the office using the internet to kill some time before going site seeing (great day for it since there's no traffic!)

I'll try and goto the museum tomorrow if I get a chance.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Back