• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

fremont acura (titanium key)

Don't tell me it was Justin that you spoke with. I'm surprised you got that kind of response from them, considering he works there and is an NSX owner himself.

I have heard great things about Fremont Acura on this forum, but I have not had my car in for service there. I have had my car in for service at a few other Acura stealerships though. Never again... My last visit to Acura of Concord for an alignment, they kept the car a whole day prior to calling me on the phone and telling me they will not touch it due to having aftermarket coil over suspension. It's why I take the drive and deal with the wait at Shad's shop. I think I may give Jim Russell a go soon though. Or maybe even hill top auto. Good to know though [MENTION=12400]kertong[/MENTION] that Ace is the place!

Which raises another question about 91's. Obviously the key is not chipped. How safe is it to not have a great security system on a 91? I always arm my factory system, arm my viper system, and remove my steering wheel almost anytime I park the car. I have come out of shopping malls in December and witnessed people staking out the car. Never can be too careful especially since the market value is skyrocketing for the early cars. Car guru's are finally realizing that the early Nsx is just perfect in every single way...

They're probably not staking out your car but rather admiring it :cool:. The NSX is not like other Hondas where parts are readily interchangeable with other models making it less desirable to steal and part-out on the black market.

They're probably not staking out your car but rather admiring it :cool:. The NSX is not like other Hondas where parts are readily interchangeable with other models making it less desirable to steal and part-out on the black market.
Dude, I love your dog!

It was me who he spoke with. When first approached I was unaware it was a nsx key that needed to be cut there for I though it would need to be programmed. It has been very busy and a appointment would be needed to program a key. After I found out it was just a regular key and need to be cut I went and asked my parts if they would cut the key. They said no. The reason they will not cut a key purchased from another vender is A we have had the key break the key cutter and B we have had the key cutter mess keys up. When this happen and we are cutting a key for free who takes the responsibility ? Of course we have to. That is the reason dealer ships do not cut keys purchased out side. It's all about the liability . Before I could explain I was being miss treated and not so nice words being said towards us.

Before I could explain I was being miss treated and not so nice words being said towards us.

everything you said up until this sentence was reasonable, but this surprised me. I walked away frustrated, but never did I say anything insulting or combative/vulgar/not so nice. to hear you put words in my mouth is revealing. at this point it is my word against yours, so i'll just leave it at that and would prefer it not to escalate, so i'll just end it here. I am not the type to get into arguments or escalate situations, I tend to walk away when I sense it going nowhere, which is exactly what I did last saturday.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
It was me who he spoke with. When first approached I was unaware it was a nsx key that needed to be cut there for I though it would need to be programmed. It has been very busy and a appointment would be needed to program a key. After I found out it was just a regular key and need to be cut I went and asked my parts if they would cut the key. They said no. The reason they will not cut a key purchased from another vender is A we have had the key break the key cutter and B we have had the key cutter mess keys up. When this happen and we are cutting a key for free who takes the responsibility ? Of course we have to. That is the reason dealer ships do not cut keys purchased out side. It's all about the liability . Before I could explain I was being miss treated and not so nice words being said towards us.

I don't follow your reasoning. The monel key is an official honda product that any dealer can cut as long as you prove you are the owner of the vin being programmed into the cutter. Even my local dealer who is hated by most did it for free for me despite me never buying anything from him.

The risks of the key getting cut incorrectly or the cutter breaking are the same irrespective of whether a customer purchases that official honda monel key from your parts department or elsewhere. I could understand if it was an aftermarket key but it is not. How is buying the key from your parts department for $90 or so reducing the risks you cite as a reason not to do a courtesy cut like most dealers do all the time?

Interesting thread.

I also went to a local Virginia dealer inquiring about getting a Monel key cut for a NSX owner and they were skittish too citing the same reasons - if they mess up they are on the line for a $100 key. Bottom line they weren't willing to do it.

agree with Bob's reasoning...but too often that same song is sung by dealers the same material has to be purchased from them for them to assume the liability .....but what fun we have both sides on the thread.....point counter point....:wink: and don't just walk away from this one...:tongue:

agree with Bob's reasoning...but too often that same song is sung by dealers the same material has to be purchased from them for them to assume the liability .....but what fun we have both sides on the thread.....point counter point....:wink: and don't just walk away from this one...:tongue:

wow.....you follow RSO's posts around like a little puppy dog. Even followed him into the NorCal section.

of course ,there are no boundaries that us puppies can't cross...

Sorry RSO . I think it is better this subject not be discussed by me anymore as my responses can and now have been used against me on Yelp . If anyone would like a key made it is $100+ tax cut. Or you can order from SOS for $95 + s/h. They recommend to have a lock smith cut it for you.

Sorry RSO . I think it is better this subject not be discussed by me anymore as my responses can and now have been used against me on Yelp . If anyone would like a key made it is $100+ tax cut. Or you can order from SOS for $95 + s/h. They recommend to have a lock smith cut it for you.

Hey Justin,

You know what? I'm not too happy with how Saturday went but I understand it's dealer policy and not something personal you had against me. I'll remove the yelp review now and let's just put this behind us. I think it's misleading for you to say I was mistreating you guys, I may have walked off while you were still talking but saying I was saying "not nice" things and mistreating you guys is pretty dishonest imo.

Either way, I don't feel good about how all this went down so I'll be removing my yelp review - let's agree to put this behind us if that sounds ok to you. I'll message the mods later to see if we can just delete this thread as well.

Kertong I agree lets put this behind us. Next time your NSX needs the oil changed give me a call and I will comp the service for you.

Kertong I agree lets put this behind us. Next time your NSX needs the oil changed give me a call and I will comp the service for you.

That is very kind of you to offer - thanks, I appreciate it. Anyways, I removed the yelp review several days ago and will see about getting this thread deleted.

cheers!

Why would you remove your Yelp review? If what you say actually happened then it should stay. Why would you be worried about telling the truth? The business has an opportunity to respond to your review and people reading can make up their own minds. Plus based on the above conversation on you guys working it out, that all should go into the review via an update/modification. Customer service is important and knowing a dealer will correct a previous error is important to know.

The more information the better.

There is wiki on NorCal NSX Owners Facebook page and includes the place that will cut it for you for few bucks.

I understand both sides of the situation.

Justin is the $100+tax a special price for forum members because I was quoted $150 to get one from you guys. Sending a customer over there so want to be sure. Nothing wrong with dealer making some money since it is a business after all.

I have a standard OEM black key and wanted to get it cut. Anyone have reccs on where to go or if it is a standard key that any key shop can do? I've got a 91 and the original I want to make a copy of is a titanium key.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back