• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Future Second Owner

The new NSX is looking to be the most exciting car I've seen since, well, the first NSX. But I won't be buying one new. I'm not ready to queue up and drop deposits and suffer inevitable dealer markup if the car proves as popular as I hope.

Nope, I'll be looking to be a second owner. While the NSX has never been a particularly depreciating car, it's safe to say that there will be a "drive off the dealer's lot" discount. Ideally I'll find one purchased by some rich guy who has to have all the latest toys, but gets bored with them quickly. There's a lot of those types around where I live.

I was the second owner of my first NSX, and drove it for more than twice as many years and miles as the first owner. I'd like to do the same with an NSX v2.

I'm with you on that - as soon as it is possible to own a like new Gen2 for half of retail I'll be buying one to park next to my Gen 1 ( which, by the way, came off the assembly line next after your old one ).

Pretty sure I'm a future 3rd owner. That seems to be my pattern these days. Not the person who leased it and not the person who picked it up CPO afterwards, but the person who picks it up after THAT, with no guarantee that everything isn't going to break right away.... Hooray.

I'm with you on that - as soon as it is possible to own a like new Gen2 for half of retail I'll be buying one to park next to my Gen 1 ( which, by the way, came off the assembly line next after your old one ).

That's right! When we both get our Gen 2s, we'll have to compare VINs. What are the odds... ?

Back