• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gen2 NSX Current Market Analysis

Hey Prime,

Your favorite data analyst is back, and this time he's shifted generations! Despite the similar name, this analysis is nowhere near as deep in scope as the Gen1. It does not get into colors, options, and other special factors.

The primary scope is depreciation. I've been seeing a lot of talk about the depreciation of the NC1, enough to make me curious myself. The opportunity to track a change in value starting from the very beginning of the NC1's life cycle greatly appealed to me. So I grabbed all the clean-title eBay and auction sale data available to see if any trend was present. The live-updated results are below:

<div class="bbMediaWrapper">
<div class="bbMediaWrapper-inner">
<iframe style="border: 0; width: 600px; height: 240px;" src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vR81jgi69paGK3iFYTKPevnZsOiAyMyY8Bpu4ACAWelMQieJe47Gbp5qOGsiI92haK5w31Ehfg_-iHS/pubhtml?gid=384061113&amp;single=true&amp;widget=true&amp;headers=false"></iframe>
</div>
</div>

The top left graph shows change in value vs. date, broken into mileage bins. At the time of this post, there is very little spread in mileage.

The top right graph is similar except it compares New NC1s to Used NC1s. The slope of each trendline represents the change in value, in units of $ per day.

The final graph shows price vs. mileage, with each series representing the year in which the sale was completed.

I hope this helps give you an idea of the magnitude of the NC1's depreciation. At the time of this post, it is significant.

I welcome additional data from the community. If you would like to provide your sale price, please provide at least the following either in a post or a PM:
  • New or Used
  • Year of NSX
  • Mileage
  • Price
  • Date of Sale
  • Exterior Color
  • Interior Color

All data will be kept private and only appear as a point on the graphs. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I’d be interested in seeing data points that include the Acura incentive.

That seems fishy. Carbon brakes, tech package, and sold for 110k in one bid? I have a feeling it will pop up again soon.

After googling the VIN, it is for sale now at a dealer for ~$130k. And with 500 more miles.

haha the gen 1 and gen 2 chart lines may intersect:eek:

haha the gen 1 and gen 2 chart lines may intersect:eek:

Wait to see the chart in 2020 Q4. The line for the NA1 is going to still show an upward trend, whereas the line for the NC1 is going to nose dive pretty sharply. It's getting close to calling time of death for the NC1.

Great work as usual Eric.

I have some experience in this market. An example of a car we sold this year: Originally ordered in Feb. 2016 (delivery likely 3 months later), MSRP was $212k, our deal in Feb. 2019 was for $142,500 @ 500 miles on the clock.

Last edited:
Back