• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Geneva Show NSX Debut with Trunk!

Development Continues...

honda-nsx15.jpg

Link:

http://www.gtspirit.com/2015/03/04/geneva-2015-honda-nsx/

In keeping it like the original. The front end having everything else but the engine trying to keep it balanced

While traveling to NSXPOs , put a garment bag on the engine cover lid (fit perfectly) & closed it of course....clothes were PERMANENTLY pressed.

While traveling to NSXPOs , put a garment bag on the engine cover lid (fit perfectly) & closed it of course....clothes were PERMANENTLY pressed.

Lol. That's a no cost option I guess.

Upon further review, it appears that though the glass hatch and trunk are one piece, there is an opening between so the engine can vent to the fresh air without passing through the trunk or trunk lid. I can't recall ever seeing that design before now.

Upon further review, it appears that though the glass hatch and trunk are one piece, there is an opening between so the engine can vent to the fresh air without passing through the trunk or trunk lid. I can't recall ever seeing that design before now.

I guess you haven't seen a Lotus Esprit lately. They've been doing it like that since the 70's. :)

Lotus-engine-cover-on.jpg

The windows behind the door glass at the b-pillars where it says NSX. The concept model was one piece and had a cleaner look to it.

Looks like they needed an air inlet there. In the video with Ted Klaus, he shows the shallow inlet hidden there.

is it just me, or is there way too much "development" still going on? has any other manufacturer debuted a car and changed it so many times in large or small details?

did they do this with the original NSX? it's kinda starting to be a little bit of a joke...

Ha Ha. Yeah I get your point. It sort of feels like they have really stretched themselves from an engineering standpoint. I remember reading that the 918 had like 12 different CPUs and millions lines of code written to control them. Add in the extra complexity of the second front motor and I am sure it has become a huge challenge - even for a large company like Honda.

But, if they can master this next level of technological development, it could put them in the pole position for years to come.

Nope...never seen that design before either... :D

Back