• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Genuine NSX-R engine covers are available again

I just received mine, but haven't been able to mount because the special hinges/brackets are on backorder. I also ordered the longer hex bolts from Japan and that's going to take a few weeks. @BB, is there any way to mount the JDM prop rod without drilling 2 holes for the bracket on the chassis? If that's not possible, I guess I have to figure out some way to mount the original prop rod onto the engine lid. Thanks again!

26968306710_4361b9b12c_b.jpg

I just received mine, but haven't been able to mount because the special hinges/brackets are on backorder. I also ordered the longer hex bolts from Japan and that's going to take a few weeks. @BB, is there any way to mount the JDM prop rod without drilling 2 holes for the bracket on the chassis? If that's not possible, I guess I have to figure out some way to mount the original prop rod onto the engine lid. Thanks again!

You need to drill the holes in order to mount the stay rod. I don't know of any other good options. I suggest using part # 90006-PT2-003 for the bolts. These bolts are black so they blend in better with the black paint in that area. If you decide to go back to the stock engine cover later, I don't think anyone but the most observant would even notice them.

is there any way to mount the JDM prop rod without drilling 2 holes for the bracket on the chassis? If that's not possible, I guess I have to figure out some way to mount the original prop rod onto the engine lid. Thanks again!

So everyone knows, you don't have to drill holes in the car to mount the rod :)

Mike

Back