• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Get Paul Tracy out of there !!!

That dickhead is done in my book. Today's insane move at San Jose shows me he's over the hill. Pay him to go drive a cab, but get him out of open wheel racing. I'll bet Forsythe is having second thoughts about that 5 year contract he just signed.

It was a silly thing he did. I kinda got a chuckle out of the fight that insued afterward though. True emotions finally displayed instead of the usual statements you hear all the time.

True emotions finally displayed instead of the usual statements you hear all the time
Yeah, we got to see some real behind the scenes $hit, but in the later interview, Tag still used the word "disappointed". I want to scream everytime I hear that hackneyed word. I'm about ready to develop that thought into a "Fired Up" call to Dave Despain.

Tracy is the Canadian version of Robby Gordon. He never turned his talent into anything but aggravation and disappointment.

One thing that I love about Tracy is that he is balls to the wall.

Inconsistent, yes. Sometimes does dumb stuff. But he's racing ALL THE TIME.

F1 could use some of what he dishes out. I was hoping Montoya would bring that, but it didnt happen.

Tracy is a idiot. He is way past him prime. What a idiotic move.

I do wish they showed more of the fight though:tongue:

After being out of town for a few days, I FINALLY saw the accident that Tracy caused in San Jose. That guy is a danger to himself and his colleagues. He should be strongly disciplined, fined, and charged for the damage done to the other car.

Who does he think he is driving like that!?! :mad:

Tracy needs to be kicked out, not just fined.

But seeing that Tracy is being compared to Robby Gordon, did you watch the move that Robby tried to put on Kurt Busch the last lap today at Watkins Glen? He almost pulled a Zanardi but Busch fended him off. Pretty hard racing.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: - the moron did it again(today's race in Denver). Unbelievable. Lets see what the Champ car officials decide to do with this one.

What is incredible is his arrogance, check out what he says regarding a possible suspention:

Allmendinger breezes to win, Tracy involved in another skirmish

By PAT GRAHAM, AP Sports Writer

August 13, 2006

DENVER (AP) -- A.J. Allmendinger had just one thing to say to Forsythe Championship Racing teammate Paul Tracy -- thank you.

Allmendinger's easy win at the Grand Prix of Denver on Sunday combined with Tracy taking out points leader Sebastien Bourdais in the final turn made the points race a lot more competitive. Allmendinger, who won his fourth race of the season with a track-record average speed of 91.852 mph, moved into second place in the championship race. He's 32 points behind Bourdais.

ADVERTISEMENT

``I need a couple more of those,'' Allmendinger said with a grin.

Bourdais, meanwhile, wasn't in a joking mood following the incident. Tracy, who was having fuel problems late, was trying to hold off Bourdais heading into the final turn of the race. Bourdais passed Tracy for second, but Tracy locked the brakes and slid into Bourdais and both cars failed to finish.

Bourdais got out of his car and charged after Tracy. He pointed an accusing finger at Tracy, the two exchanged words, Bourdais shoved Tracy and then Bourdais stomped away.

Tracy was already on probation for a crash he'd caused July 30 in San Jose, Calif. Tracy got into a shouting and shoving match with Alex Tagliani after both were knocked out of the race. Tracy caused the accident by coming back onto the course.

Tracy was also docked championship points and fined an undisclosed amount of money.

``He is on probation so I just hope the race officials do what is necessary to correct that unfair situation,'' Bourdais said. ``I asked Paul, 'What do you want from me?' I had passed him, but he crashed into me. I just pushed him because he was asking for it, but it didn't go any further.''

Tracy, of course, saw it differently.

``It's the last corner on the last lap and if you're leading the championship race by 30 points and you want to make that risky a move with a guy like me for two points, that's the risk you take,'' Tracy said. ``I don't feel bad for him.''

He doesn't think he'll be suspended, especially with the next race in Canada. Tracy is from Scarborough, Canada.

``What are they going to do, (take) me out of a race in Canada? Give me a break,'' he said.

Tracy's car slid into Sebastien Bourdais on the final turn of Sunday's race. Tracy also caused an accident with Alex Tagliani on July 30 in San Jose, Calif.

The incident too attention away from a dominating performance by Allmendinger, who was let go by RuSPORT in June and then picked up by Forsythe. He took the lead on lap 48 and his 20-second margin of victory was the largest since 1997 when Alex Zanardi won by 30 seconds at the U.S. 500 in Michigan. The fact it came in front of his hometown crowd -- he lives in Thornton, Colo. -- made it all the more memorable.

``The fans were going crazy and cheering for me,'' Allmendinger said. ``I was really pumped up.''

Tracy wound up sixth and Bourdais seventh.

The beneficiaries of the crash were Bruno Junqueira, who finished second, and rookie Dan Clarke, who earned his first podium finish as he took third. Justin Wilson, who slipped to third in the points race, finished eighth.

``I was running behind (Tracy and Bourdais), and I didn't want to be too close,'' said Junqueira, who's won twice in Denver. ``I don't know whose fault it is, I wasn't in a good position to see it. I got lucky, but I've been unlucky a lot of times this year, so that is something I am happy for.''

Late in Sunday's race, Tracy's car was acting like it was out of fuel, but he said he'd rather run out than risk losing second place.

Allmendinger's just glad he didn't know about Tracy's fuel problems since they have similar cars.

``That would've freaked the (heck) out of me,'' Allmendinger.

Tracy worked hard to be in contention for second place. Tracy's day appeared over before it really began. He was spun around in the first turn by Tagliani to open the race and had to be bumped back onto the course.

And while Tagliani's afternoon was finished, Tracy's car turned out to be no worse for the collision. By using up all 60 seconds of his power-to-pass energy, Tracy worked his way back into the race.

Bourdais had an afternoon he'd rather forget. After setting the track record in Saturday's qualifying -- and earning the pole position -- Bourdais had tire trouble. He went with the softer Bridgestone red tires and lost ground to the field. After switching to the black tires, Bourdais was back to his old self. He set a race record with a lap time 1:00.314 on lap 90.

Bourdais was attempting to become the first driver to win three straight at the same track since Michael Andretti accomplished the feat in Portland in 1990-92.

Allmendinger's car couldn't be caught Sunday, but he's still got some catching up to do.

``Sebastien still has the car to beat,'' Allmendinger said.

Re: Dickhead of a different color?

Maybe this time, he wasn't just your garden variety it's all about me dickhead. Maybe he was trying to be "a good teammate" by taking out SeaBass. All the more reason to suspend him !!! :mad:

Re: Who said PT don't think?

Just watched the Denver race and I gotta say, that was a masterful piece of dirty driving. :eek: Everyone knows what he intended to do, but he succeeded in making it look close enough to "a racing thang" that it only cost $25K, a probation extension and 3 of his points. Haven't seen anyone skate like that since O.J. !!!!

Re: Who said PT don't think?

Looks to me like he saw that Bourdais was going to make a move, and that Tracy decided to run the corner wide to push him to the wall. Then he saw how comitted Sebastien was and he had to yank it in to prevent contract. That yank upset the car and the two met in a passionate yet dirty, last corner affair.

Doesnt look to me like he tried to knock Sebastien out, but it looks to me that Tracy gave him three options:

1) Get hit,
2) Smack the wall,
3) back off.

Sebastien wasnt backing off and wouldnt go off line so he got hit. At least I can see this as more of a racing event than two or three weeks ago. That said, still not all that great a move.

Around my club racing paddock, everyone likes to race with someone who's clean and challenging. CLEAN is the key word. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that racers at the highest levels still like to see clean as well as hard racing. SeaBass wasn't making the pass, he had it made long before the brake zone and clearly owned the corner according to anyone's rules. Nevermind that it was the mile wide corner, the rule is still the same. PT was not only wrong, he was dirty wrong. And don't give me any Left Foot braking excuses.

Now, some people applaud PT for the show he brings and that's fine. Apparently, Champ Car's target audience wants the WWF of road racing. Those of us who are just "old and in the way" are happy to go away because PT gets away with dirty driving.

I wonder if AJ or Jerry F. actually paid the $25k fine. I'm sure they both offered. :wink:

92 white 0650 said:
SeaBass wasn't making the pass, he had it made long before the brake zone and clearly owned the corner according to anyone's rules. Nevermind that it was the mile wide corner, the rule is still the same. PT was not only wrong, he was dirty wrong.

I completely agree. I was sittin at the corner where it happened and saw it first hand. Tracy went way too deep before hittin the brakes. It was bound to happen and it was dirty driving. Reminds me of the tactics I used to use playing Gran Turismo!

92 white 0650 said:
Now, some people applaud PT for the show he brings and that's fine. Apparently, Champ Car's target audience wants the WWF of road racing.

Exactly. Or, well at least that's how the spectators in attendance acted. Although, I'm not sure how many of them are actually "fans". But, after the spectacle, when the tow truck was driving Tracy and his car back to the pits, the crowd was at its loudest, with claps and cheers. My wife and I were of the very few booing and telling him to go the F home.

I really hope CART/Champ Car and the IRL get it all worked out and merge. Then they can tell Tracy to kiss ass and kick him out of the series. The guy is an idiot never liked him and his arrogance. A block is a block and I can see it in team rules etc.., but to take someone out purposely is gross negligence and will eventually get someone hurt or killed. Champ car fines him and takes away points, boo whoo, no wonder why he does what he does, they allow it with only a slap on the wrists, idiots!!! And you know the owner is paying that 25k fine. You know Tracy is not paying that personally. His team is laughing all the way to the championship. The reality is the series stinks and until IRL and Champ merge back get all the old bigtime sponsors back on board secure the TV contracts and get the series back into the spotlight again, they will allow the "WWF" type of conduct for ratings. My own opinoin of course. Tony George ruined the whole thing. Open wheel is nothing like it used to be when I made a anual trip to Indy for the 500. It is nothing like it used to be. They destroyed Open wheel racing in this country, now it is up to them to get it back to where it once was...

RE: Finally out of the closet

Did you see Tracy's get up for the driver's introduction today? Wearing a masked marvel type mask and cape and gesturing like a Vince McMahon WWE goon, it all looked perfectly natural and right on time. The show had reached the point of absurdity before this, but at least now, the charade is out of the closet, the racing is just the side show and we can all have an honest laugh. :wink: Somehow, I feel better.

And Kalkohven was in Sonoma instead of Montreal, but we'll save that for another thread. :rolleyes:

Back