• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gil's wheels

Thanks fellas. Top housing mold completed. Will start other half and prep the right side for the same process. Tomorrow is the base and mounting molds. Should have carbon procedures sometime this week.

You know I love this NSX, I hope I love the mirrors ....

Thanks fellas. Top housing mold completed. Will start other half and prep the right side for the same process. Tomorrow is the base and mounting molds. Should have carbon procedures sometime this week.

Gil, looks great. Are you building these to sell some sets? or Just one personal set for you?

Sorry for the lack of updates. Back on track. Molds are complete. Here is a trial version to test the mold to produce a carbon version.

After vacuum bag process I cut off suction supply from pump to cure overnight.
1360698502_zps5f70418d.jpg

No mechanical lock from resin seepage. Carbon portion popped out of mold with ease.
1361160611_zps31d755c0.jpg

More to come. :)

Looking good Gil!..Keep up the good work.

Will these be universal fitment for RHD as well as LHD please?

Looking good so far ...

Thanks Guys, i've been busy the past few weeks but crammed in some small work for other Prime members needing help. The mirrors are coming along. I have some small parts to source and should be complete. I'll unveil once I have it tested on the car.

Here is some updates another member inquired to me about regarding his interior pcs.
Sorry my usual cell pics. Went through the normal prep as a car body encounters. The removal process of the factory coating that was lifting was a PITA but I devised a more simplistic way and tool usage to decrease my down time for future updates on refurbished pcs.

Peeling the factory coatings, Prime (Chromabase 2k prime/seal),base coat then clear with flattening agent.
1360699202_zpsb72f220b.jpg

1360699197_zps592b376e.jpg

1360699193_zps10d1f828.jpg

1360699191_zps610c80cc.jpg

1360698957_zps87e22b5a.jpg

More updates regarding my front compartment carbon pcs, mirrors, under body paneling etc soon! =)

Last edited:
Thanks for meeting up today Gil! You have 2 beautifuly done NSX's. Looking forward to hanging out again in the future!

P.S. Thanks for the heads up about the mirrors.

It's INSANE how much of a miniature/toy your car looks compared to Mike's black 92.... WOW!!

Must be a combination of 02+ conversion and the super slammed stance... but holy crap!

That's wild. I need to take a similar shot of my Lime green next to my 96' Targa!!

Mike no prob, nice having an additional owner locally.

1362281894_zps1ba16ac2.jpg

It's INSANE how much of a miniature/toy your car looks compared to Mike's black 92.... WOW!!

Must be a combination of 02+ conversion and the super slammed stance... but holy crap!

That's wild. I need to take a similar shot of my Lime green next to my 96' Targa!!

Yeah your not kidding.. OEM Slammed looks soooo clean. Mine is stock ride height. Will be lowered this weekend which should make it look alot better.. Both of Gil's NSX are beautiful!

Mike

PLus Gil's running what looks like OEM 7 spokes and not his usual 17/18 set up .... new rims on the way maybe?

^^ Brother from Anotha Motha LOL

213_zpsff585c0d.jpg

Word!!! Colors not everyone gets to see but online. Just waiting on wheels, I can't get over how easy my car spins these tires. BF Goodrich KDW's!

Mike, a good drop and wheels make the ride appearance all the time.

Last edited:
Update on the mirror project?

Sorry Keith for delay, I did reply to you in the PM's

I have made quite a few pod versions and finalizing a new mold of the base, stem and pod for assembly. Quite happy with the outcome, newer pics once I have these items in the open and inspected to a quality of OEM standard or better.

Below is the new pods taken right after pulling out of the bagging materials. I am using a new procedure in making the carbon pcs to reduce gram weight(retained resin) / pressures while being heated in a KILN utilizing different psi and reduction of time to speed my process. So far I have been successful.

Pics show the top and lower half of the mirror pod. These will be fused together after inner components for mirror bracket and stem to base test fitment are completed. I will then place these back in the kiln for baking process for a short period. I am working at getting a seamless line while retaining pattern ARROW of the carbon weave to be consistent when conjoined.

I have also made the mirror pod opening slightly larger while retaining shape to utilize several actuators. I have been working with OEM units from the NSX which is quite large. So far, referencing this towards inquiries I have with companies that make smaller versions. Making a plug and play item is in the works. I will first make a manual version while working with other pairs made during R&D for my electric version.
1363671068_zps8c9b4932.jpg

1363671065_zps531cc139.jpg

1363671047_zps7c1412c3.jpg

3004172c-3b8d-41ed-902c-99e2b5ae46e0_zps5fcae8f0.jpg

Added Scorps rear view mirror mount and hardware
1364675846_zps9f1a78f9.jpg

Carbon6 (Jeff's) compliance clamps
1364748951_zps8fb956a3.jpg

Working on adding additional components to improve and update wear and tear items.
Also adding a few additional items such as oversized brake carbon ducts, complete undercarriage aluminum cleanup (newer existing looking aluminum suspension pcs)

Last edited:
Back