• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Glen Frey Passing

Heard Glenn Frey passed away today.
What a loss. What a legacy.

Saw them in 2010 and he opened the show saying "...welcome to the Eagles assisted living tour..."; they were still awesome.
I really wish I'd seen them again. Now its too late.
RIP Glenn

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Like Don Henley, he had a pretty successful solo career as well. Smugglers Blues, The Heat is On, and You Belong to the City just to name a few.

I really can't believe this. Listening to The Eagles was a childhood staple of mine, I can recite most of the melody/lyrics on their greatest hits albums (fairly well...).
From what I got out of the last documentary on them(History of the...), he seemed to be kind of an asshole with regards to Don Felder. But a legend nonetheless. Kind of hard to remove half of the vocals from that bands setlist and expect them to keep playing.
Really unfortunate, he wasn't even very old.

Last edited:
I didn't know enough to really appreciate the Eagles in the 1970s. They're one of several bands I came to respect only after I learned to play a musical instrument later in life The Eagles were perfectionists, they took their time getting the vocal harmonies and all the rest of the music right (and their records were well engineered). Glenn Frey did good.

My grandfather used to say, every generation comes to an end, when you see your generations heroes meet their end its a reminder that you're next.

Back