• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Golf clubs in the trunk ???

I'm a future NSX owner (I hope), and I was wondering if a couple of sets of golf clubs will fit in the trunk of a NSX? That would really be a bonus for me if they could.

Don't know about a COUPLE of sets, but one set fits fine. Just have to be careful with getting them in/out.

HTH,
Bill

With the CD changer in there, I had to take the woods out of the bag (walking bag style/size). CD changer quit so I took it out and they fit in there fine now. Would be very tough to get 2 sets in there though.
-Robert

I've gotten two sets of medium sized golf bags in the trunk with no problem.

I think if you have two of those skinny stand up bags, they would fit fine. My father's bag on the other hand....:rolleyes: He has to buy these golf bags with 300 pockets on them. I can't begin to imagine what he fills that thing with.

Depends on the length of your club and the size of the bag:smile:
I have a larger bag that won't fit and my driver has to be put in separate, and removing the cd changer frees up some needed room.

Apropos question. The NSX, primarily designed for the US market (as many cars were and still are) had one specific objective the Honda engineers needed to take into account with their design; it needed to be able to carry two golf bags. Back in the 1980s, Honda's marketing team concluded the target US buyer willing to pay $70K+ were upper class men who most likely played golf. So, in addition to all those SUVs and big sedans, some golf course parking lots would be graced by golf bag carrying supercars.

The trunk of my NSX may never see a golf bag. I do, however, make good use of the somewhat generous trunk space when I head out to the track. :smile:

Thanks for the responces. I can't wait to pull into the golf couse and get the clubs out of my dream car NSX and go golfing. That's Living.

I've gotten two sets of medium sized golf bags in the trunk with no problem.
+1

It will not fit the golf bag the Rodney Dangerfield uses in the movie Caddyshack.:eek::biggrin:

Thanks for the responces. I can't wait to pull into the golf couse and get the clubs out of my dream car NSX and go golfing. That's Living.

+1. I do that twice a week. Once in a while, a friend goes with me. Two bags fit (though tight), but manipulate the driver separately and take the shoes inside!

I had the same question and it will hold clubs without taking the driver out too. If the bags aren't really big bags as in smaller stand bags you'll get 2 sets in. A real bonus!

When I bought my 91 I had to make sure the clubs fit before the buy. The bag was a cart bag and it did not go :eek:...so I bought a new bag as a gift for the new car :smile:
Now all is well. If only the rest of the world's big issues were as easily resolved :frown:

I thought about taking mine to the course but the thought of an errant ball bouncing off an aluminum hood caused me to reconsider...

I can't vouch for the accuracy of this, but supposedly Soichiro Honda liked golf and made sure the NSX trunk could fit two sets of clubs.

I have heard of this also.

+1

It will not fit the golf bag the Rodney Dangerfield uses in the movie Caddyshack.:eek::biggrin:

rodney.jpg

Just got back from the driving range. I was recently able to fit a smaller womens bag as well the last time I went to the golf course.
attachment.php

Attachments

• P8260004.jpg
    P8260004.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 2,065
Back