• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good set of All Season tires

Any reccomendation for a good set of All season tires? I use to live in California where all I ran were summer tires but now since I've moved to Tokyo there is the occasional days where we have snow or icy roads and I tend to slip and slide a little. I have been using 215/35ZR-18 Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season XL for my rears I also beleive that my size is wrong ( the 215 part) i beleive my rears are 18x9.5 and fronts are 18x8. Trying to find a similar alternitive to the goodyears since it have to ship these tires over here and looking into getting a local brand like Yokohama or similar brands. On a side note how can you find the spec of your rims? or is that something that I have to measure out myself? Rims were already on the car when I first Bought it.
Edit
I found some tires on tire rack 255/40/18 fronts for $211 ea. and 265/40/18 rears for $224. They are Yokohama ADVAN S.4. ultra high performance All-season tires.Anyone have any reveiws for these?

Last edited:
255/40-18 on the front will rub big-time, and it will screw up the TCS, which you'll want operational in winter. The tire sizes you need for 18x8 and 18x9.5 wheels are 215/35-18 front, and 265/35-18 rear. (I'm surprised you were even able to mount a 215/35-18 tire on an 18x9.5 rear wheel; perhaps you are mistaken and that size is currently on the front and not the rear?)

I also seriously doubt that you need all-season tires. Winters in Tokyo are mild, averaging about five inches of snow each year, with normal highs around 50F/10C. And you will be substantially degrading your NSX's performance by using all-seasons rather than summer tires the rest of the year. If you really need to be driving your car in snow - such as if you drive to mountainous ski areas - then you would be MUCH better off by getting an extra set of wheels and putting winter tires on them, and using summer tires the rest of the year.

To answer your original question, though, if you want suffer year-round with all-season tires in 215/35-18 and 265/35-18 on your 18"/18" wheels, the Continental ExtremeContact DWS is an excellent all-season tire available in those sizes.

And to find the size of your rims, it's often stamped on the backside of the wheel. Otherwise, you can measure; just remember that both diameter and width are measured at the bead (where the inner edge of the tire sits), and not at the outer edge of the wheel.

Last edited:
Back