• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Goodbye Autoweek

Received the last printed issue of Autoweek.
Will miss it.
Been a subscriber since 1958 (Competition Press) and regularly visited the offices in San Francisco in the early days.
Getting old sucks.
H-

Received the last printed issue of Autoweek.
Will miss it.
Been a subscriber since 1958 (Competition Press) and regularly visited the offices in San Francisco in the early days.
Getting old sucks.
H-

I mean, we kinda knew it was coming. Last issue was like 10 pages. Shame, I used to sell alot of cars years ago through the classifieds.

Funny story, we had like 10 Brand new 2000 Honda Insights back in 2002. Couldn't sell them to save our lives. They were in inventory like 700 days or so. My old boss said to me, "if you sell them, I'll give you $1000 for the first and an additional $250 per one after. So $1250, $1500, $1750, etc. I put an ad in Autoweek, guy called me from extermination company in Florida. Wanted to put mouse ears and tails on them and use them for his sales reps. Bought them all, sent a certified check for all of them. Fun times.

I mean, we kinda knew it was coming. Last issue was like 10 pages. Shame, I used to sell alot of cars years ago through the classifieds.

Funny story, we had like 10 Brand new 2000 Honda Insights back in 2002. Couldn't sell them to save our lives. They were in inventory like 700 days or so. My old boss said to me, "if you sell them, I'll give you $1000 for the first and an additional $250 per one after. So $1250, $1500, $1750, etc. I put an ad in Autoweek, guy called me from extermination company in Florida. Wanted to put mouse ears and tails on them and use them for his sales reps. Bought them all, sent a certified check for all of them. Fun times.

I remember those cars down here.

It's a shame that AW is no longer in print. I've been reading it since the 70's.

I am missing Autoweek.
Was a quick read, full of good stuff. Published from right here in the Motor. :smile:
They sponsored some nice events, including the Empire Hill Climb. Hope they will continue on
and promote everything auto.

Back