• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got concave?

Was thinking about sp1 split rims but now seeing these and talking to gt theory who are awesome! defo want some concave in my life:biggrin:

Other makes of concave are far to expensive these look just as good for less:smile:

IMAG0771.jpg

IMAG1039.jpg

Viper they look fantastic! Why are you selling them already?

Viper they look fantastic! Why are you selling them already?

hes selling his old wheels not these, i didnt see these listed for sale :confused:

In some of the pics the rim edge, being black, seems to blend in with the tire. Since the inner ring is silver, it makes it look like the actual black edge is tire, and the inner one is the wheel. Is this effect only in photos or is it the same from far away in real life?

It looks this way in the front wheel of this picture, not so much the rear. At first I genuinely thought there was some sort of high sidewall tire on the front rim. I'm asking this in case I want to order this wheel. If the effect in real life from a distance is similar, I may just go light on the outer and darker on the inner.

NSX_BC_HB29_1.jpg

Last edited:
In some of the pics the rim edge, being black, seems to blend in with the tire. Since the inner ring is silver, it makes it look like the actual black edge is tire, and the inner one is the wheel. Is this effect only in photos or is it the same from far away in real life?

It looked that way in person to me from standing distance, and I really like that optical illusion effect. I dig how the spokes seem to float on the tire sidewalls. I can't picture it the other way around. Here's a photo that I took when I was in Tucson a couple of weeks ago.

IMG_8923%2520%25282048x1536%2529.jpg

I don't know about the optical illusion or anything, but I loved the look the day I put them on and I like them more and more every day. Your mileage and tastes may vary, but I am completely happy with my choice and wouldn't change it if I had the chance. If you do go a different route, I'm sure the concave would still be badass looking. I wanted some contrast between spoke and lip, and there are some examples of deep concave wheels online (in particular, a white Nissan GTR with ADV10s) that have a black lip and lighter colored spokes. I almost went the opposite way and did black spokes and gunmetal lip, but I'm glad I didn't.

I can't say enough about how these wheels have completely transformed the look of the car. The car used to turn heads a lot, just like any NSX. But now, I have had three people in the last month tell me that this is the nicest NSX they've ever seen. Was it the wheels? I don't know, but it's a heck of a coincidence. :smile:

Can you please post some close up photos?

Back