• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got my NSX yesterday

My 03 Long Beach Blue/Onyx NSX arrived yesterday morning! What a sight coming off the transport truck. I got the car from Acura of Libertyville (Illinois) and had it shipped to me in Colorado Springs. I was torn between the blue and the orange and found 1 of each that were available in late April but my local dealer (Mile Hi Acura) could not trade for either of them. After careful consideration, I opted for the blue and am glad I did. I really like the color (although I have still never seen an Imola Orange in person). I also talked with Pikes Peak Acura in Colorado Springs and walked out on them never to set foot in their showroom again...they would not let me test drive a 00 NSX with 14K miles on it so I could get a feel for the car before singing a contract on an 03 they had...since my Viper wasn't sold, they told me to come back when I was more serious and had sold my Viper...total morons...driving the car was preventing me from being any more serious. On that subject, I have to thank Chris Marsh (cmarsh90)and his dad for giving me some seat time in their NSX.

After a couple of screwed-up contracts, everything worked out late last week. My shipping company, TNT Auto Transport, rocks! I had a pickup date scheduled after I signed the first contract in late April and had to postpone. So rather than try and set another pickup date after everything cleared, my rep at TNT was sending trucks through there with open slots (to be filled further west) so that my car would be picked up ASAP. Last Thursday (May 8th) the deal funded and they happened to have a driver there that day. He picked up my car and was in Colorado the next evening! I wanted to have the car off-loaded in the daylight so we set a Saturday morning delivery time. They guaranteed 4-5 day delivery but were well inside of that so I get to drive my car all weekend. If you need a car shipped, call Mary Anno at TNT...her # is 866-566-5227, tell her I sent you and she'll give you a small discount, but more importantly they will take care of your car.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be tinkering with the car a bit. First I'm having a clear bra put on (a must in Colorado in my opinion). I'm not sure what else I'll be doing...maybe exhaust, 18" wheels.

Andy
03 Long Beach Blue/Onyx
97 Viper GTS - FOR SALE

andymo1972 said:
I also talked with Pikes Peak Acura in Colorado Springs and walked out on them never to set foot in their showroom again...they would not let me test drive a 00 NSX with 14K miles on it so I could get a feel for the car before singing a contract on an 03 they had...

I hope you get a chance to stop by that dealership in your new NSX, and show it to the general manager there. :D

Congratulations on your new purchase. I'm surprised how many dealers will not let you drive a car that you are trying to purchase. Granted, when i was in high school we would harass the salesmen, try to get them to say something wrong about a spec or stump them, and get test drives but come on. You were seriously trying to buy in this instance. Anyway great purchase :) The Long Beach Blue is a stunning color.
nik

Congrats Andy, glad there is another NSX in town.

For anyone that cares, the dealership he mentioned is HORRIBLE, one of their salesmen gladly told me how they sold a used NSX which they knew had been wrecked severely, and they didn't inform the purchaser. They also wrecked a car my father owned, and tried to claim some of the damage was pre-existing. I could go on all day about how much they suck, bottom line avoid them at all costs, and don't let their service department so much as breathe on your car.

Wow, another Viper to NSX converter

Enjoy your new car! Please post pics (of both your NSX & Viper) when you have a chance for a pit stop! ;)

Congrats on the new car? What made you choose the NSX over the new viper?

nik - As Chris said, this dealership is just a sad example of an Acura franchise. They are ALL about getting people committed on paper to a car. They won't give much beyond general car info unless you've signed something...whereas I've been in MB or BMW dealeships where and the sales guys are more than willing to talk to you without pressure (one even let me drive a car I told him I could not afford just so I could get a feel for it and maybe I'd come back when I could!). Most Acura dealerships have stepped up to this level of service and left the usual car sales antics to the lower end dealerships.

NetViper - I'd say the biggest reason is because I'm all about change. The 2nd reason is that I've had the NSX on my list to own for quite a while now. Beyond that, I don't like the styling of the SRT-10 as much as the older Vipers. I had a 95 Esprit S4 before the Viper and when it was time to get rid of the Esprit, I wanted a change...and the Viper is pretty much the opposite of the Esprit in most ways. The NSX reminds me A LOT of the Esprit in how it drives but with much better build quality and refinement (now if it just had that turbo kick...hahaha). I'm still breaking in the NSX but I can say that it is going to be a very fun car to own.

Andy
03 Blue/Onyx

Congrats on a very cool Color combo if I was in the market for a new NSX yours would be my choice.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Congatulations Andy, that is very cool. Your car has been in the April and May issues of the DuPont Registry. I called on your car a few weeks ago and they said it had been sold. If you would like, I can send you a copy just to have. Let me know.
That is the same color combo my wife wants, and I have been told by 2 dealers that they can order one, and 2 dealers say that there are not any more available.
Congrats again, you have a beautiful car!

Tim

Tim - that would be cool if you could send me a copy of the dupont registry. I'll email you my address. I figured that there were others that were looking for that color so when I found it, I jumped on it...I put a deposit down immediately. I also got mixed reports on whether there were going to be more cars available to order. My local dealer also told me there was an 02 Blue/Onyx available but they didn't tell me where. I found the orange and blue 03's on my own, told my dealer about them and they tried to trade for em...with no luck. Andy

Hey Andy, got your e-mail. Yeah, the '02 is at McGrath Acura in Il. Because it's an '02, the lease offer does not apply to that car, which is the main reason I started to consider a new one. They also have a '02 Red/Black, and an '03 Imola/Orange, at least as of last week.

Talk to you later.

"Jealous in California"!

Tim

My local dealer was going to give me the lease deal on the 02 silver/silver they had. I wonder how they worked the #'s. I'll see if I can pick their brain a bit and find out. I never saw it on paper but they said the dowm pmt would be the same and the residual would be the same. My only concern was that the car is a year older and book value at the end of the lease would be a bit lower so reselling to make money might be harder. I'll let you know what I find out.

Congratulations Andy!! Let's get those pics up so we can drool!! Was AoL competitive on pricing, or was the fact that we are relatively early in the '03 sales cycle hamper getting a strong discount. Would be curious to know if you are so inclined.

Regards.

Congrats..........

Would you mind telling everybody here how much you pay for your NSX?

Since each state has different tax and fees, just the price for the car please.

Thanks.......

I took advantage of the lease deal in April (pretty much the same as the one available now). The cap cost of the car was $84K. I sent them ~$1700 (1st pmt, security deposit and tax) and they sent me my car...pretty smooth transaction. I'm sure there's a little more room to knock the price down but not on my color combo...as I was told by AoL and confirmed by a search done by ascot71, I got the last blue/onxy currently available in the states. There are 7 silver cars left so I know you could work on the dealers on those a bit if you try.

Andy
03 Blue/Onyx
97 Viper GTS - FOR SALE

Andy, i hope you enjoy your car, i love mine! i have used all the acura dealers around denver/springs area for the last 2 years, and have never had better service than at pikes peak acura. i will say i have never dealt with thier sales dept, but they have the best NSX mechanic in colorado. ironically, i stopped going to mile high for thier incompetence. i am in no way affiliated with pikes peak.

here is a link to a thread i started a few days ago:

thread

ryan

You'll find some strong disagreement with that statement here.

uh, isn't that link i just posted:rolleyes:

i am not trying to say pikes peak acura is perfect, just giving my experience...

Ryan

Back