• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue U.S., April 17, 2008

Cool I need one of these too, I almost knocked over the table, my wheel is mounted to, trying to drive the Ferrari F2007. :eek:

Amazon apologizes- it seems that my item won't ship until the 16th, or 17th.

They feel really bad about my inconvenience...

Thats ok fellas.

Back to Call Of Duty 4 for a few more days...

LoL

Philip

I just got my copy just now. I had to delete some movies to install GT5 on my PS3. Takes up 3.5gb! :eek:

BTW after it installed it said. There was an update available and prize money will be carried over, but replay and saved data will be lost.

Last edited:
Amazon apologizes- it seems that my item won't ship until the 16th, or 17th.

They feel really bad about my inconvenience...

Thats ok fellas.

Back to Call Of Duty 4 for a few more days...

LoL

Philip

Fry's has a bunch in stock for $39.99

for the past few months now, COD4 has never left my PS3 :tongue:

The game is awesome! The only downfall is when you're online..the noobs think they're playing bumper cars and try to force/knock you off track.
help.gif

Just picked it up at BB tonight (even had a $10 reward coupon, so $30 for it). It's installing as I type, which is the only reason I'm online right now ---- that and my daughter is sleeping, I didn't bring any work home and my wife is out having dinner w/ friends ;)

BTW, I took my daughter (who's 2.5 years old) to the BB store and when we picked up the package, I pointed to the back and asked her which one was daddy's car and she pointed to it. That was awesome!

Graphics are great!

Jag, what's the link to that chair? Looks pretty pimp.

Last edited:
I just got my copy just now. I had to delete some movies to install GT5 on my PS3. Takes up 3.5gb! :eek:

BTW after it installed it said. There was an update available and prize money will be carried over, but replay and saved data will be lost.

So is it Spec II with the '02+? I was hoping it was at least in the update.

I got it. It is not bad. I don't think it is any better than forza 2. The cool thing is that I hooked up my old steering wheel for my PC to the PS3 and it works like a charm! How cool is that! (it is the logitech MOMO PC wheel -- probably 4 years old).

So far I only have an integra type R :(

How do you play with Friends on this thing? Can you?
XBOX live is sooooooo much better.

I actually think Forza 2 is better right now.

Cool I need one of these too, I almost knocked over the table, my wheel is mounted to, trying to drive the Ferrari F2007. :eek:

This game is great. Although barely completed, I can't wait for the full version to come out. That's when I'll be getting the Fanatec Porsche Steering wheel. Probably the best on the market right now. Can't wait...

http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_u...id=35&osCsid=7bb94fcabb9f468a8e7c057965f57c9b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dWjLRhd8w0&feature=related

So far I only have an integra type R

That's what I started with when playing the Japanese version. I'll bet that a lot of us start with the ITR.

How do you play with Friends on this thing? Can you?

Keep in mind that Prologue is a snapshot of development towards GT5...so a lot of features that will be coming aren't in place. Unfortunately, this is especially true for online play. All of the online events are predetermined (though they can be changed based on the calendar date by Polyphony) with various restrictions and penalties that players cannot alter. What's more, you're randomly matched with players. It is not a fully featured online mode by any means.

There also is no voice chat yet, but supposedly that is in the works (I suspect Polyphony is are waiting for the much rumored PS3 firmware update that will allow the PS3's XMB menu to be brought up in any game...which, at the very least, would give you access to your friend's list, text/audio/video chat).

Don't forget that damage is also coming in an update to Prologue. Prologue itself will be evolving.

I'm just happy that a GT game finally has online functionality in any form...because now you KNOW it is coming in GT5.

As for my PSN ID it is: akira3d

Surprised?

I'm still not sure which wheel to buy.. G25, Fanatic, or the Official GT5 wheel? :redface:

Whenever they launch 'Home' you will be able to setup races online with your friends with the final version of GT5, or launch in game also.

My PSN ID is: NSXT

I'll add you Akira.. :biggrin:

so.... just got a ps3.... looks like there's no demo for this available for download from the online store. how playable is this with the regular controller?

There used to be a free Gran Turismo HD demo on the online store.

No more? As for the regular controller, that is all I am using.

There used to be a free Gran Turismo HD demo on the online store.

No more? As for the regular controller, that is all I am using.

It may have been way down the list, plus I had thought to be looking for GT5P as the title. I'm not all that familiar with any sort of console games. My last console was a Sega Genesis.

I'm just using the controller right now too.. I used to have a better ranking(16th place)..got bumped down to 66th place on the first track for NSX-R, and 31st place on the second one. I need to go back in there and try to bump up my rankings..been trying to earn more cash for the F40.

Are the graphics in all areas as phenomenal as the screenshots I've seen? I downloaded the demo of MLB the show, and while the overlays and players are great looking, Fenway looks bad and the people in the stands are awful (this is at 1080p). Any weak areas in the graphics with GT5P?

Fry's has a bunch in stock for $39.99

for the past few months now, COD4 has never left my PS3 :tongue:

Argh... Pre-order has turned into a hassle. My copy shipped 4/17, and won't be here until 4/23... Bottom line is that I should have just gone to Best Buy and picked it up on release date. One of my work buddies told me they have them in stock.
I was looking at the downloadable version at the PS store all weekend- It took all I had to avoid pressing the buy button, and then just have two versions. Rationality has won out since this is just a pre-version.

Patience is not one of my strongest virtues...

P

Pre orders of anything are typically pointless. If you want something the day of release, the only way is to actually go to a store. That goes for amazon music, books, games, electronics boutique pre-orders, etc. Pre-orders will typically get SHIPPED on the release date, then you have to sit and wait.

Pre orders of anything are typically pointless. If you want something the day of release, the only way is to actually go to a store. That goes for amazon music, books, games, electronics boutique pre-orders, etc. Pre-orders will typically get SHIPPED on the release date, then you have to sit and wait.

Mine was pre-ordered for pick up at the store. Luckily I did because there were only enough copies for the pre-orders except one copy which was gone when I came. It's best just to go down to Gamestop and put the $5 down before hand to ensure your copy. I did this the day before GT5P came out.. :biggrin:

Back