• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 6 - December 6, 2013 on PS3

Just spent the morning drilling holes in the play seat mounts to bolt down the controls rather than the velcro it had. Had to just order the playseat shifter bracket though.

Doesn't look like anything special. I just put it all away in the basement, so no pics for a while. It looks like this only in black with a G27 instead of (what looks like) a Momo

playseat_02.jpg

Is there any word on tuning? I'm pretty sick of just putting more expensive parts on the car. I want to actually mix and match parts and custom build an engine (different displacements, different cam profiles... heck, an engine swap... put a friggin turbo on my NSX, etc). Anyone know if any of this will be possible (at least installing FI on my NSX, for example).

Wow, awesome. How do you like the projector Leon?

I love the projector. Even though this picture might not show it the picture quality is excellent. It's one of the most common comments I get from people that visit as to how clear the picture is.

I had a new holy **** moment with GT5. I bought some 3D glasses..... never had a compelling reason to try out 3D before but I saw some Samsung glasses that were on sale that were compatible with my Panasonic (and about 1/4 the price of the Panasonics) so figured what the hell, it's now cheap enough to try.

OMG!!!!!! GT5 in 3D is spectacular!!!

Didn't realize the pre order edition had all those free cars. Just pre ordered mine today. Thanks for the heads up.

Pre ordered at EB Games which i beleive is the Canadian version of GameStop. I am getting free cars with the game. Not sure if they are the same as GameStop.

GameStop has 25 cars with the anneversary edition. Amazon has 5 free cars and 1 million in game cash. The rest just have 5 cars. Or you could wait until tomorrow and get nothing!!

Just check the EB Game website and it says 25 cars and anniversary edition in addition I get entered a contest to win a 24 month lease on a BMW. Like I said EB Games is GameStop in Canada.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered from Gamestop as well. Mostly for my sons, though, as I have the feeling this will be yet another "more cars" update with no real changes to what can be done to those cars or even having a reason to buy one car over another (with GT5 you couldn't use your "one favorite car" for more than one or two races different events; a real bummer). But its a fun activity to enjoy with the boys, nonetheless.

Senna's Lotus makes a surprise appearance at the end of the official opening movie! Crossing fingers that all of his F1 rides are driveable in game.

Can't wait!

Kazunori Yamauchi got to sit in it?
1386091700632.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. I have a maxed out R8 that performs incredibly well, but there are very few races I can use it in. I use the Vette in Like the Wind to keep running up the $$$. Then my son likes to use the $$ to buy fantasy cars. They are useless in the game, but he's a car nut and that's what this is all about. He loves being able to drive an MP4-12C or a Gallardo, no matter how well they perform. I came home from work today and he was drawing a picture of a Cayman. Love to see his creativity being inspired by "media time" and his go to show, Top Gear. Yet despite all that, he hates to "go fast". He can't stand roller coasters for example. I tricked him into going on Test Track at Disney and he was ready to kill me. It's amusing to see the two different sides of him at war with each other.

20131205_224259.jpg

Last edited:
That is an awesome drawing! How old is your son? My 4-year old loves to play GT with his older brother, but he, too freaked out when his grandpa took him on the Cars ride at California Adventure. His favorite movie is even "Cars"! Now he says "I never want to go to Disneyland again!" LOL! Although he does love to "race" in the Camaro on the freeway onramps (he calls WOT acceleration "racing" even though no-one else is around).

My primary beef, of course, is that your modding is pre-determined. A given mod yields x% horsepower and that's it. Custom engine building needs to be included. For example, where bore/stroke can be selected, cylinder heads can be swapped, different length headers, different cams, etc... even if they only offer it in stages, they could replace the generic "N/A tune" with custom selected parts that work better for some things and not so well for other things. For example, more stroke brings about better torque, but the overall power on the top end doesn't increase that much. Better airflow through the heads yields more top end power, but without a matching cam, it's gutless belwo 3 grand, etc... A player should be able to take any car and build a purpose built machine (twin-turbo charged torque monster or N/A high strung road course screamer, for example).

Last edited:
He will be 9 next month. For us, sure the game is limited in what you can do, but for a 9 year old, the sky is the limit. They have no idea about camber or cam lobes or spring rates or any of that. It's a complete playground for a child that loves cars. I try to keep that in perspective. I just came over to my laptop this very moment to figure out how to dismantle a G27 shifter so I can mount it to a plate on the playseat which is in pieces on my living room floor when I took a quick break to check NSXprime. I'm dying to share this with him, but his birthday isn't until January 17th. I'm so tempted to give this to him for christmas but he already has enough crap :).

He will be 9 next month. For us, sure the game is limited in what you can do, but for a 9 year old, the sky is the limit. They have no idea about camber or cam lobes or spring rates or any of that. It's a complete playground for a child that loves cars. I try to keep that in perspective.

It's so true. Even my 14-year old doesn't give a hoot how much horsepower or how firm the suspension is. He just wants to blast around in his chrome-red car with a tall wing and bright green wheels....

I'm dying to share this with him, but his birthday isn't until January 17th. I'm so tempted to give this to him for christmas but he already has enough crap :).

OH! The LOLs!!! :D

I have to admit that I am a little let down. I don't really see much change from gt5 other then a few more tracks and cars. I was disappointed that the ring is missing out a few key areas.

Still saving for for my NSX.

Back