• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gran Turismo 6 - December 6, 2013 on PS3

Make sure you compile in a few errors so you have to recompile :) Nice gig. My CFO walked by my office today jokingly annoyed (I hope) that my feet were up on my desk. Told him I found $50K we left on the table for 2013 and was mining through 7GB of data so he could bill for it. He told me to keep my feet up all week ... but a PS3 and a wheel in my office.... that would be nice!

Can you elaborate on that, please? What can you do the car to improve performance that wasn't available in GT4 or 5? Cam swaps?????? :tongue:

Brake upgrades are available that were not in 5. You can also add ballast weight and move it around on the car to change its charcteristics and it will also affect PP so you can race in different races. The tuning and modifying options are available almost anywhere through the start menu. The layout also makes it easier to not only modify and tune, but also to understand what you are doing. NOS has returned as well. You can also change wheel sizes. I also like the detailed descriptions of all of the modifications for the cars so you have a very good idea of how it will translate to the way the car drives when done. It is just an all around cleaner process. Plus mods with stages dont have to be done in order or combined like in some of the past games. Each stage is a different set up for power band etc.

Love it.

just picked up the NSX Concept '13 and did a few laps around Willow Springs!

from driving the stock nsx and also 4wd cars the new nsx really does feel like a mix of the two. can turn using weight shifting while trail braking but then at the limit you can partial throttle causing the rear sit down to get more grip while adding power to front wheels to make the car turn.

deHPIOI.jpg

j5Ld3W4.jpg

Brake upgrades are available that were not in 5. You can also add ballast weight and move it around on the car to change its charcteristics and it will also affect PP so you can race in different races. The tuning and modifying options are available almost anywhere through the start menu. The layout also makes it easier to not only modify and tune, but also to understand what you are doing. NOS has returned as well. You can also change wheel sizes. I also like the detailed descriptions of all of the modifications for the cars so you have a very good idea of how it will translate to the way the car drives when done. It is just an all around cleaner process. Plus mods with stages dont have to be done in order or combined like in some of the past games. Each stage is a different set up for power band etc.

Love it.

The bold portion is what I am most interested in. In GT 3 and 4, you could just by "stage 1" or "stage 2" or whatever. But each progressive stage was in all ways better than the one before it, so it was always best to simply save up and buy the biggest one. That's what ultimately bugged me about 3, 4 and 5: your particular "application" was irrelevant. Whatever car you had, that's what you had, and you couldn't do anything to customize the characteristics of the engine (you could only "add power" and the power band retained it's stock characteristics, high power bands stayed high, low ones, low, etc).

For example, (IRL), an NSX with a stroker kit will feel a lot different than an NSX with just top end work, even if they have the same max power.

I would love to see a game where the player had to make a choice between installing a stroker kit (reducing the max rpm potential) and installing a high rpm cylinder head with lighter springs and vlavetrain, etc. Finding the right balance between torque and rpm in order to maximize performance and driving style for the track in question. Then, when two NSXers meet online, their cars will almost certainly be different.

Last edited:
The bold portion is what I am most interested in. In GT 3 and 4, you could just by "stage 1" or "stage 2" or whatever. But each progressive stage was in all ways better than the one before it, so it was always best to simply save up and buy the biggest one. That's what ultimately bugged me about 3, 4 and 5: your particular "application" was irrelevant. Whatever car you had, that's what you had, and you couldn't do anything to customize the characteristics of the engine (you could only "add power" and the power band retained it's stock characteristics, high power bands stayed high, low ones, low, etc).

For example, (IRL), an NSX with a stroker kit will feel a lot different than an NSX with just top end work, even if they have the same max power.

I would love to see a game where the player had to make a choice between installing a stroker kit (reducing the max rpm potential) and installing a high rpm cylinder head with lighter springs and vlavetrain, etc. Finding the right balance between torque and rpm in order to maximize performance and driving style for the track in question. Then, when two NSXers meet online, their cars will almost certainly be different.

The different stages, other than N/A stage 1, affect different parts of the power curve. Typically stage 3 is high rpm max power. Stage 2 is midrange. Stage one is low RPM. You can not use them in conjunction with each other.

There are also soft and hard sports suspensions so you can select the correct one based on the track and terrain.

The different stages, other than N/A stage 1, affect different parts of the power curve. Typically stage 3 is high rpm max power. Stage 2 is midrange. Stage one is low RPM. You can not use them in conjunction with each other.

I'm pretty sure that was how it is setup in GT5 as well.

Finally placed my GT6 order...and my Playseat Challenge arrived! Now to figure out if I want to set it up with the Driving Force GT (which is how I played GT5: Prologue and GT5) or the G25 (which I inherited and haven't even tried). At the moment, there is no option for mounting the shifter on the Playseat Challenge...so I'll probably go with the DFGT.

Last edited:
get a thrustmaster t500 rs, definitely worth it.

There are also soft and hard sports suspensions so you can select the correct one based on the track and terrain.

Sounds like they went back to the GT3/GT4 version of it, then. I was hoping for more like, two cars with approximately equal power, but with different power/torque curves.

An effect like what I want could be achieved by having two or three different options for displacement increases (for example, increased stroke, increased bore, or increased bore and stroke).

Another way would be to have a few different cam options (low, middle, high rpm range, or even a fourth option that has a wider band but less peak power).

And then we could have a couple of cylinder head options: one for "street" which provides an overall power increase, and one for strictly race, which only improves power beyond, say, 3000 or 4000 rpm (and it loses torque below that rpm). And of course, ITBs could be available here, as well. But I'm probably preaching to the choir, here...

Broke down and bought the 5 DLC cars off of ebay for $5.50. I hope it's not a scam hahaha. Anyone pay for credits yet?

i have to say I love the KTM X-Bow. When tuned I was eating the super cars. It is a fast little car.

Another er thing I wish we could do was pick the offset and width of the wheels. Up one or two sizes is fine but when I add any camber and take a few pics it looks pathetic.

get a thrustmaster t500 rs, definitely worth it.

But is it worth it if I already have and enjoy using the Driving Force Pro and Driving Force GT...not to mention that I haven't even tried the G25? I like the Driving Force Pro well enough that I would not have bought any other wheel unless it failed (which it has not). The only reason I bought the DFGT was because I got the idea I could gift my dad the DFP (which I only just reacquired because he passed away in October).

The only thing that would possibly justify the t500's high cost is if it worked with both the Xbox One AND PS4...and if I could get some contract with all parties involved that I would be able to use the wheel with all future game consoles and PCs. I don't like forced obsolescence, especially with controllers that cost more than the consoles you connect them to! It's one of the reasons I haven't invested in an Xbox specific wheel...crossing fingers Sony doesn't do something similar to Microsoft when GT comes out on PS4. I'm still bitter that my Thrustmaster Filght Stick Pro and Weapon Control System doesn't work with modern PCs...I loved that thing.

Broke down and bought the 5 DLC cars off of ebay for $5.50. I hope it's not a scam hahaha. Anyone pay for credits yet?

i have to say I love the KTM X-Bow. When tuned I was eating the super cars. It is a fast little car.

Another er thing I wish we could do was pick the offset and width of the wheels. Up one or two sizes is fine but when I add any camber and take a few pics it looks pathetic.

Try this my friend. 20 million credits buys a lot of cars. I have done this twice now for a total of 40 million. I hope to have time to do it a couple more times before they fix this and shut the door.

http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/12/11/gran-turismo-6-get-20-million-credits-for-free

The PS3 wheels all work fine with PS4. No issues there. Obviously though nobody is going to guarantee any future compatibility.

But is it worth it if I already have and enjoy using the Driving Force Pro and Driving Force GT...not to mention that I haven't even tried the G25? I like the Driving Force Pro well enough that I would not have bought any other wheel unless it failed (which it has not). The only reason I bought the DFGT was because I got the idea I could gift my dad the DFP (which I only just reacquired because he passed away in October).

The only thing that would possibly justify the t500's high cost is if it worked with both the Xbox One AND PS4...and if I could get some contract with all parties involved that I would be able to use the wheel with all future game consoles and PCs. I don't like forced obsolescence, especially with controllers that cost more than the consoles you connect them to! It's one of the reasons I haven't invested in an Xbox specific wheel...crossing fingers Sony doesn't do something similar to Microsoft when GT comes out on PS4. I'm still bitter that my Thrustmaster Filght Stick Pro and Weapon Control System doesn't work with modern PCs...I loved that thing.

So, did they include a premium version of the Mk4 Supra? The NSX type S? Chevelle SS? E46 M3? Dodge Charger 426? C4 Corvette (any option package)? 3000GT VR4?

And for crying out loud: will I be able to turbocharge my NSX????????

Guys don't forget about drive club

http://youtu.be/INNS-zhmFZI

I already have. I tried it at E3 and it is totally not my kind of driving game. More of an arcade racer...but not as fun as the Burnout series (or even their Motorstorm games). Things could change by its release, but I don't have high hopes.

I already have. I tried it at E3 and it is totally not my kind of driving game. More of an arcade racer...but not as fun as the Burnout series (or even their Motorstorm games). Things could change by its release, but I don't have high hopes.

Really a ddamnit then i was hopping it was good ! Well then

Having completed 95% of this game, I find it a bit of a let down, sure 25 free cars, a thrustmaster t500 and experience from the previous installments helped. However, I found the licenses and driving missions a little easy. Many cars, but, not enough events in which to use them, IMHO. You still can´t turbocharge your nsx 1.0, all you can do with 2.0 is change tires and no F1 cars. I was also looking forward to be able to download the seasonal events. I suppose PD will remedy some of this with updates. Though I`m a little disappointed, it was not all amiss. I was hoping to find the BAC mono, but the rocket will suffice, that thing is amazing. I also really like the sound of the x2010/2011 and the tire physics and sound is improved.

I like the game. What I don't like is all the bugs in it. So many times I've had the game lock up on me. Most notably was is a complete game lockup in the Jr. Go-Karts in the Autumn Mini and in the 3rd Go-kart race. Found the solution of deleting the install files under options which worked, but the next time I went to start GT6, it would just keep restarting the PS3 in an infinite loop!! I bascially had to Delete the whole GT6 install and redo do it to get it back running again. At least it saved my progress, but so annoying!!

Last edited:
Anybody check to see if there were any improvements in the 3D between GT5 and 6?

3D wasn't included at release, but is planned.

Actually, there are a LOT of things Polyphony have already announced will be updated over this coming year (Community, GPS Visualizer, Mobile Device)...a surprising many of which were features in previous GT games (B spec, Red Bull X Challenge, Quick matches, Course Maker, Data Logger, 3D). I guess this was the only way they could guarantee hitting their target release date, but it seems strange for a sequel to a title released on the same platform that pre-existing features weren't ready by launch...unless they have been significantly retooled / improved. I'm eager to try the Course Maker feature that uses your phone's GPS...but have no idea when that will be released.

There's also a lot of DLC planned. I'm crossing fingers that more fall into the free camp than paid DLC.

I haven't played it yet, but, judging from complaints about bugs, it sounds like Polyphony rushed this title out...which, again, seems a bit odd given that this is their second release on PS3. If anything, this should have been a solid, polished evolutionary title that improves on the previous release in every way. And it really needed to be to win fans back.

I'm just glad they didn't try to do a PS4 launch title. It would likely have been a total disaster.

Last edited:
No 3D?!?!? Hmmmm.......... I may have to return this. The more I'm reading the less I'm liking. Originally I read every car was supposed to be premium, guess that didn't happen. And I'm going for the whole immersive thing here and 3D really adds a lot.

No 3D?!?!? Hmmmm.......... I may have to return this. The more I'm reading the less I'm liking. Originally I read every car was supposed to be premium, guess that didn't happen. And I'm going for the whole immersive thing here and 3D really adds a lot.

Well, 3D IS coming as a free update, so I wouldn't return it for that specific reason (though I suspect performance of the game might drop a bit with 3D enabled...GT5 definitely was impacted when I dropped it into 3D mode).

Some cars will be updated as well (the BMW M4 that got released free last week will be updated to receive a cockpit view too).

Will all of the standards get updated to semi-premiums? Not getting my hopes up. Will all the semi-premiums get updated to be full premiums with cockpit views? Not sure, but I suppose it IS possible. I am a bit miffed that many of the standard race cars didn't at least get updated to semi-premium...some of my faves included (most notably the JGTC NSX models).

I'm hoping that Polyphony is planning on moving all of these cars forward into GT 7, so they have the incentive to update the existing cars in GT 6. They did imply that they reworked their pipeline for GT 6 to make it easier to move their assets forward.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd rather see the exteriors done in full HD for every car than have some cars with fully modeled interiors.

I was honestly surprised at some of the cars that did not get premium versions in GT5. I'd rather see 500 premium cars than 1200 "standard" cars, half of which are just duplicates of another car with a different trim package.

Back