• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Great vendor idea

I have a stainless aftermarket knob and boy does that sucker get HOT after being in the sun for a bit... I think it would be a great idea for someone to make a sock like cover to keep the sun off of it while parked, maybe with some NSX embroidering as well? Just an idea ;)

I have a stainless aftermarket knob and boy does that sucker get HOT after being in the sun for a bit... I think it would be a great idea for someone to make a sock like cover to keep the sun off of it while parked, maybe with some NSX embroidering as well? Just an idea ;)
I recall seeing that in Japan once.
I know Ikeya-F did have something like that for there Sequential shifters.

Although a generic Mugen sock should fit

That's kind of a neat idea, like a nice leather or suede pouch. Kinda like a Crown Royal bag, or a golf club sock, protecting the knob and looking cool at the same time. Why don't you make some and sell them? :smile:

I agree, especially living in Phoenix and grabbing the "branding iron" every time I drive the X... I've had the idea too. I've thought of pot handle holders from kitchen stores to cutting the tips off of children's socks (which is what I have now), but I'd really like a red something-or-other that says "REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT"...

Good thoughts!!

We make a black Delrin shift knob styled like the Type-S / Zanardi knob - which you can find on our website. Even with a sock over the knob, metal knobs will still get pretty warm.

True however worst case scenario you can keave the sock on and shift til things cool off. Great idea even though I have the stock shifter.

This is a great idea and would love to see something custom too. I have a suggestion from my own hand-charring experiences. I live in the desert as well so last year to plan ahead during the winter I went to a department store and bought a pair of charcoal black infant mittens made out of an alcantara-like material on clearance. Their are no fingers and I just reversed the thumb inwards which you can hardly tell since their thumbs are often smaller than our pinky. It fits snug and has been working like a charm this summer, however, I remember being surprised to learn that the cover does not solve the heat problem like I had imagined (like SOS said). Don't think you just pull off the cover and drive it like normal as the knob will still get very hot due the cabin temperature being very hot...but it will still limit just how hot it can get by not being exposed to direct sunlight. If this were to ever actually be pursued, my suggestion would be that the design take into consideration that the driver will want to drive with the cover in place until the cabin has had a chance to cool down, windows opened, a/c on, etc. This could be up to 10-20 minutes depending on how hot it is so it should fit quite snug for safety and a nice appearance while driving.

Here's a shift knob cover for you princesses with your delicate hands. :D

http://www.pinkcaraccessoriesshop.c...nob-covers/pink-cheetah-shift-knob-cover.html

pink_cheetah_shift_knob_cover.jpg

I have the black delrin knob in my silver NSX, but I prefer the SOS Rapid Shift Knob in my DD. I figured one of those isocks will probably do the job, in fact someone thought of this idea a long time ago.

I am surprised there's not a vendor already selling something like this for the enthusiast aftermarket though. Seems like something that would be cheap to produce and sell pretty easily since so many people like to change their shift knobs.

This sounds like a good idea. You don't want to end up like this guy.

Toht.jpg

The $0.99 iSock I purchased off eBay works great! Now I don't have to worry about my metal shift knob burning my hand anymore. :tongue: Just need to figure something out with the "VTEC-DOHC" badge on the arm rest. :biggrin:

iSock.jpg

Back