• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Group NSX drive to the 2002 F1 GP in Montreal Canada

You should check with the local police what their stats are for high-end vehicle thefts. I've heard some nasty stories about the Montreal organized car theft gangs. I really do like your idea though.

Really??? Ah that's a shame! Oh well I guess we'll scratch that idea. I went to last seasons with a freind of mine. He has an 2001 Vet. We got a parking spot underneath the Hotel, left it there and from that point did everything else by foot and subway. The car was fine and so was the ride up and back!

If you've been to Montreal for the F1 race, you know that it's basically a week of partying ... they close off the main streets and bring the off track show to the down town area (nothing like Indianapolis - I was very disappointed). That leaves no place for the NSX but the underground garage of a hotel for the entire week.
Just as a side note - When I went to trade my 91 NSX for a newer one, the dealer de-valued the car since it was regisetered in Quebec. There is bad karma with high end cars that originate from Quebec. Do yourself a favour a drive a rental car and enjoy the F1 week.

What’s up everyone,

I went last year to the Montreal F1, wow was it a blast. Taking the NSX in a group sounds like fun, I was tempted last year, especially seeing rows and rows of Ferrari's for the Ferrari Challenge on the ride up and down, but the traffic for this venue is crazy and leaving my car at the hotel was not on top of my list of choices. Just watching people sitting in traffic leaving the event was a nightmare; but luckily we parked a few miles outside the island, but still a pain to walk out that Sunday, especially after walking the track after the race.

However I would recommend anyone to attend, as I plan to go again this year, but I would recommend if you love your car, leave it home. Its just one less thing to worry about and you can seriously enjoy the race, the Ferrari Challenge and the people from all around the world. Oh especially in downtown Montreal,Friday they had the Honda street dislpay. Another plus if you’re a Honda and Fan!!!! and Saturday was the BMW display.

Its a blast, if people are planning to go please let me know, I'm in.

Ken

------------------
1992 NSX #00015 w/Mod's
1993 Integra Turbo/DFI 550 hp (just sold)
1992 Civic 4 dr 300 hp NOS 97'98' Fastest East Coast G.G.(just sold)
1994 Delsol 350hp NOS
2000 TL w/Mod's new addition =)

"Just can't leave anything STOCK =)"

Ken Ichikawa
Newtyp Tuning

What's up with all the negativity, I live in Montreal and every year I make sure I bring my baby downtown. I always find a spot in a parking lot next to Ferraris, Lambos and other fine toys, so I'm never worried. On race day, I park again at the same place and take the subway(metro as it's known up here).
If anyone wants to come up and is worried about parking, I could accomadate up to five cars in my warehouse. It's about 10 min from downtown. My friend from Toronto always comes up with his toy of the year, no problems.

Hello,

Thanks for the generous offer, now you made the trip to Montral more tempting than ever.

Ken

Yes the race last year was a blast!! On sunday we moved the car outside the island under that big bridge and payed to park. Yes the walk was long and the legs were tired, but it beat sitting in that horrendous traffic! It was nice to see the NSX Pace cars during the challenge races etc..

I sit with the Hairpin Cocktail Committe. These guys are nuts and get the same tickets each year right in the exit of the 90 degree hairpin. They are one of the best seats in the house. Just to see these cars come into the loop at 190 mPH and then hit the brakes!! You see the rotors glow brite orange lap after lap! What a show. Can't wait to go. Well lets stay in touch as the time approaches, and get together.

PS: Sat right next to Eddie Jordan while out to eat one night in a nice steakhouse upstairs. Don't quite remember the name. But the BAR car was right outside on display. Those things are tinny but FAST!!

There's nothing wrong with Montreal and auto thefts..it's just like any other city, park it in a well lit area and you'll be fine.

If you come to Montreal, prepare to party like hell...it's the best week you'll EVER spend!

Huy

Originally posted by silverlining:
If anyone wants to come up and is worried about parking, I could accomadate up to five cars in my warehouse. It's about 10 min from downtown. My friend from Toronto always comes up with his toy of the year, no problems.[/QUOTE

Silverlining, if you can provide your warehouse for secure parking, my wife and I will drive up in our NSX (or S2000) for sure. We will be glad to take the Metro from your warehouse to the track.

I would be more than happy to provide some accomadation for parking. Like I said, my warehouse is 10 min from downtown, so we could park the cars and then take my MPV to the nearest subway, which I always do on qualifying day.

If anybody wants to e-mail me at [email protected] feel free.

Originally posted by silverlining:
I would be more than happy to provide some accomadation for parking. Like I said, my warehouse is 10 min from downtown, so we could park the cars and then take my MPV to the nearest subway, which I always do on qualifying day.

If anybody wants to e-mail me at [email protected] feel free.

Great! You got a deal! We already bought tickets long ago so we will definitely be going.

Back