• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GruppeM or Comptech Supercharger

I know there is a tread, but he`s from 2002

So I`m actual for the GruppeM Supercharger, but he has more Power and the Japanese Quality!

But the Problem is, i have a Targa and the GruppeM is very high, so no chance for the T-Top over the V-Tech!

Maybe somebody knows, has GruppeM a same Version just like Comptech for the Targa?
I didn`t find Pics in the Web only from the normal GruppeM Supercharger!

Tazz said:
So I`m actual for the GruppeM Supercharger, but he has more Power and the Japanese Quality!

I like the GruppeM stuff myself, but they're fairly expensive. Comptech is a great company in the US and provides excellent customer service. If you ever run into problems with Comptech products, you have a peace of mind that you can count on Comptech to stand behind their products and take care of you.

I just have my CTSC installed, and I am loving it.

NSXROC said:
Tazz said:

I like the GruppeM stuff myself, but they're fairly expensive. Comptech is a great company in the US and provides excellent customer service. If you ever run into problems with Comptech products, you have a peace of mind that you can count on Comptech to stand behind their products and take care of you.

I just have my CTSC installed, and I am loving it.

Yes but i also know that some machines are broken with the comptech!
I`m living in Germany, we don`t have a speed limit so the Machine with the Supercharger has more to work!

Originally Posted by NSXROC
I`m living in Germany, we don`t have a speed limit...
Not true, lived there for 4 years:wink:
Tazz said:
Why can't our freeways be like that?
Because Americans (mainly teenage crowd, but some older as well) wouldn't know how to handle themselves. Teens over there pay roughly between 1,500 Euro to 2,500 Euro (between $1800 to $3000 US Dollars) for the over driver's training and licensing PROCESS.:eek:

NOT TRYING TO START A FLAME WAR...

NOW TO MY OPINION ON THE SUPERCHARGERS;

When SOS was selling the Gruppe M one, I called to get the specs and horses it was putting out if I was to buy it. I was not real impressed by the numbers (Wanna' say they said somewhere between 345 and 365 HP, BUT, don't quote me on that). As well as most pics I have seen of the Gruppe M setup, does not seem to be easily installed as COMPTECH.

The COMPTECH one doesn't void your warranty if you have a newer NSX, and also is more trusted and reliable. And when adding intercoolers it seems to push more and cost less then the Gruppe M one.

btcog82 said:
The COMPTECH one doesn't void your warranty if you have a newer NSX, and also is more trusted and reliable. And when adding intercoolers it seems to push more and cost less then the Gruppe M one.

only coolers I know of are for bbsc and gm. .

I think the Gruppe M has some potential. I know the things looks awful and all that plumbing seems like over-kill. I only know of 1 person running a Gruppe M supercharger and his car overheated on the way to NSXPO 05 from Cali to Phoenix. Limited market support and much dinero make for a no go in my opinion. I chose the CTSC and its been smooth sailing ever since.

looks are subjective. i like the GM look. i've heard people comlain about SC whine, esp the bbsc. I love the way it sounds. it's all subjective.

only major drawback to gm as i see it is lack of support or knowledgeable staff, but hey he's in germany. who knows what support GM has over there...

Its also tough to see out of the rear window with the Gruppe M

The Kid said:
Its also tough to see out of the rear window with the Gruppe M
LOL,hopefully you won't be worried about what is chasing you.
I agree it is not the most subtle kit but looks is in the eye of the beholder.
I personally always liked the kit from the first time I went for a ride in one.
The fellow said it was a piece of cake to install and from the first turn of the key it ran great.Yeah it still is running great last I heard !!!
I think each person will have their reasons of pro's and con's to any modification !!
Any FI system that works is OK for me !!!

I can't wait to install the Gruppe M on my car,heck I can't wait to drive my car for the second time since I have owned it,LOL !!!

Stacy

PS Dave(Biobanker) please no comments !!! LOL !!

stacy'snsx said:
I can't wait to install the Gruppe M on my car,heck I can't wait to drive my car for the second time since I have owned it,LOL !!!

Stacy

PS Dave(Biobanker) please no comments !!! LOL !!

BAAA! You cant keep me away from this!

So Stacy, you've owned the car for how many years and you've only driven it ONCE!!!!

Stop tinkering! Unless of course you are going to make some new incredible parts for me to buy! In which case, driving an NSX is wwwaaaayyyyy overrated. Making cool stuff is where its at!

Tazz said:
So i still don`t know there is a GruppeM SC available for the Targa?

what are you asking? if the targa will fit where it normally goes? no way! in the tunk is your only option with that thing. They don't have another kit as far as I know. Frankly its a miracle Comptech was able to come up with one where the targa still fits.

NSXROC said:
Tazz said:
Why can't our freeways be like that?

Because our drivers are generally incompetent and clueless.... Big Brother is the same.... and too many lawyer!! Not to mention our roads basically suck!

Hugh said:
This might be a good place to start.

cmon now hugh, for someone who has never had an FI setup, you sure dispense a lot of chicken little style advice.

try ebay instead of the salvage yards you might get further

Tazz said:
Many Thank`s

So it seems Comptech is the only one option for the Targa.

not true. there's a bbsc for sale now in the parts section. fits targa top just fine.

uh oh... here come the whiny naysayers... *ear plugs in hand*:biggrin:

btcog82 said:
The COMPTECH one doesn't void your warranty if you have a newer NSX

What has made you come to this conclusion? You know of some specific language in the Acura warranty that states or even implies this? I'd like to see it, please. :confused:

Back