• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Has Anyone Done 9lbs and 4:55 Gears

Just want to see if anyone here has added 3Lbs of boost (from 6lbs) and installed the 4:55 gears.

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE FEEDBACK AS WELL!

Mike Niday (Chromatose), a member of the Northwest chapter, has a '92 with chrome plated everything, including his brembos and his CT supercharger. He has boosted his blower to 9 lbs and he has 4.55's as well. I have driven this car and it is intoxicating!

THANKS! That's what I want to hear. My car is going in Monday to get the additional 3lbs and 4:55 gears. If anyone wants to ever test drive this you're more then welcome. I live in Southern CA.

Originally posted by ChopsJazz:
Mike Niday (Chromatose), a member of the Northwest chapter, has a '92 with chrome plated everything, including his brembos and his CT supercharger. He has boosted his blower to 9 lbs and he has 4.55's as well. I have driven this car and it is intoxicating!

I didn't look at who posted this thread. I just now answered your previous thread where you finally just asked if it will give you more performance. I think you'll love your new mods. You'll lose a little top end, but who in their right mind is going to race you to 170?

Next time I'm in the area I'll look you up and take you up on your offer!

THANKS! You're more then welcome to drive it!

Originally posted by ChopsJazz:
I didn't look at who posted this thread. I just now answered your previous thread where you finally just asked if it will give you more performance. I think you'll love your new mods. You'll lose a little top end, but who in their right mind is going to race you to 170?

Next time I'm in the area I'll look you up and take you up on your offer!

You should try to come to one of the monthly SoCal meetings. There are probably a lot of us who would love to take a ride.
biggrin.gif

I work 100 yards away from Red Robin in Calabasas. I will try to make it tomorrow night!

Originally posted by ilya:
You should try to come to one of the monthly SoCal meetings. There are probably a lot of us who would love to take a ride.
biggrin.gif

Just want to see if anyone here has added 3 PSI of boost (from 6 PSI) and installed the 4:55 gears.

Yes, along with Type R short gears.

Contrary to popular belief, the Comptech High boost kit does not get you 9 PSI of boost! Try 7 instead of 5 lbs of boost, for an additional 20 HP annd 20 ft-lbs.

Id prefer that to the 4:55's. Figure it's the cheapest 20 HP you can buy for your car. It made a very noticeable difference in my car.

Back