• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Have ya'll seen this in classifieds? JH4NA21615S000200

Re: Have ya'll seen this in classifieds?

I wish they would zoom in on this picture, it looks like they are trying to hide some blemishes.

attachment.php

edit: why is the seat in this car black but its blue in other pictures? I think this is a scam!!! =(

$31,955 for a model? I think I'll pass. ..

Well it's somewhere local to me, 206 is a Seattle area code among others...

Plus it's been on craigslist almost daily. I'm tempted myself to pick it up, just because... man that's cheap! lol

Well it's somewhere local to me, 206 is a Seattle area code among others...

Plus it's been on craigslist almost daily. I'm tempted myself to pick it up, just because... man that's cheap! lol

I got a call from the dealer before it sold, I sent them a message via PM. He asked me to call him back. Deal seems too good to be true.. which usually means it is. Or maybe I am just being cynical and I F'ed up. Oh well. Played it safe, I can live with that.

I cant find a good model of my EXACT car, a 97 yellow on black with advan wheels... at least the buyer can find the exact replica of his! haha

160k though in 5 years - HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN

32K a year? 2600 a month? 88 miles a day? 40 mile commute each way.. oh wait, that is totally possible :/ Shoulda purchased it !

I got a call from the dealer before it sold, I sent them a message via PM. He asked me to call him back. Deal seems too good to be true.. which usually means it is. Or maybe I am just being cynical and I F'ed up. Oh well. Played it safe, I can live with that.

I cant find a good model of my EXACT car, a 97 yellow on black with advan wheels... at least the buyer can find the exact replica of his! haha

32K a year? 2600 a month? 88 miles a day? 40 mile commute each way.. oh wait, that is totally possible :/ Shoulda purchased it !

Its hard to price a car like that because its the only 150k+ (maybe even 100k+) NA2 that has ever been sold as far as I can see, so there is no previous sales to go by. If the car is still available, I hope they would call me back.

Last edited:
to captainjman,
at least you got a call. i emailed them as the seller's agent suggested stating i wanted to purchase the car on 2/13. never got a call or an answer to my email. called lynwood acura and spoke to the service manager who knows the owner. he gave me the details of the car and said it was an excellent deal.
i pulled up the original thread to contact the agent again and saw the small print at the bottom: "SOLD"

as stated earlier, someone got a great deal. high mileage is nothing to a correctly serviced nsx. this deal was definitely not too good to be true.
i just can't believe the seller would take such a substantial loss on this vehicle. won't see another deal like this for a long time.

Time to wipe our chins and wonder ---what if? Hopefully the new owner will be a Prime member and be willing to share the experience of his/her new ride. Sometimes-----what we see is not what we get. I have owned some relatively new high end vehicles with high miles that worked out really well and in other cases---not so well. At 160K miles, clutch would be on it's 2-3, the TB/WP service should be on #2, and tires-brakes-hydralics- would all be candidates for service. Even so, I would have jumped it if were closer. For those with a taste for the BLUE interior stuff, here is your opportunity to perhaps get a real deal! hehehehe. I would love to buy that radio----anything is better then stock!!
OK, WHO BOUGHT IT??

I would have bought it and installed a new instrument cluster with 20k miles... just to make myself feel better! :wink::wink:

150k miles on an NSX doesn't bother me... here's a chance to get a 2005 (I preferred my NA2 to my NA1) for a 1993 price. The '93 would probably have close to 100k miles anyhow... so yeah, someone got a nice deal.

I would have bought it and installed a new instrument cluster with 20k miles... just to make myself feel better! :wink::wink:

150k miles on an NSX doesn't bother me... here's a chance to get a 2005 (I preferred my NA2 to my NA1) for a 1993 price. The '93 would probably have close to 100k miles anyhow... so yeah, someone got a nice deal.

For those who do not understand my comedy - I was making fun of myself for not buying it. Lets face it, those were pretty much all highway miles which is great for engines. If I didn't just buy one last year that would have been mine. But I do like the flip up headlights better, for some reason I dont like the 2002 headlights despite the fact I love them on other cars.

Is there a way to find that buyer by vin and invite him to join prime?

Jason

I was 3rd in line on this NSX. It was located north of Seattle. To be honest I'm glad someone beat me to it. I work at a credit union, had the loan ready just needed to confirm they would hold it and I was going to drive up and pick it up (I'm in Portland)

With deals like this you always rush so you have an opportunity at them which is what I did, but we all need to remember to slow down some and yes a deal that sounds too good to be true likely is.

The car was involved in an accident on Jan 26th 2011, it rear ended a stopped car! Car was not totaled. From the research found, clutch nor timing belt has ever been replaced on that VIN #. The dealership also has an F rating through the BBB.

I'm not saying it was a bad deal, or that something was wrong with car or dealer, but interesting info none the less.

I was 3rd in line on this NSX. It was located north of Seattle. To be honest I'm glad someone beat me to it. I work at a credit union, had the loan ready just needed to confirm they would hold it and I was going to drive up and pick it up (I'm in Portland)

With deals like this you always rush so you have an opportunity at them which is what I did, but we all need to remember to slow down some and yes a deal that sounds too good to be true likely is.

The car was involved in an accident on Jan 26th 2011, it rear ended a stopped car! Car was not totaled. From the research found, clutch nor timing belt has ever been replaced on that VIN #. The dealership also has an F rating through the BBB.

I'm not saying it was a bad deal, or that something was wrong with car or dealer, but interesting info none the less.

That is excellent information! Thanks for sharing that. I really hope the buyer is happy with it, but I am also happy I didn't jump on it. It felt really rushed... just like you said. We just need to slow down a bit.

I never once thought of looking at the BBB rating for a dealership, thats interesting! Good idea dude!

Jason

That is excellent information! Thanks for sharing that. I really hope the buyer is happy with it, but I am also happy I didn't jump on it. It felt really rushed... just like you said. We just need to slow down a bit.

I never once thought of looking at the BBB rating for a dealership, thats interesting! Good idea dude!

Jason

I'm glad that the research helped a bit. The search continues :)

Actually for 32grand it might be a record. Does anyone else know a car that sold for that amount of money with that kind of mileage. Im talking bone stock, basic maintenance, no engine rebuilds, transmission rebuilds. I don't care what people offered you for your high mileage car. Let's see some statistics.

Don't forget it was previously crashed, as noted below

Actually for 32grand it might be a record. Does anyone else know a car that sold for that amount of money with that kind of mileage. Im talking bone stock, basic maintenance, no engine rebuilds, transmission rebuilds. I don't care what people offered you for your high mileage car. Let's see some statistics.

I wanted to jump in and echo what Ira said. The dealership that has this car has posted it all over Craigslist. I saw it today & called 'em. They struck me as extremely unprofessional, said they'd call back, never did. Looked up the Carfax & BBB rating on the dealership and saw the crash (that the guy at the dealership failed to mention) and the F rating from the BBB. Several horror stories from previous customers.

I'd love to hear from whomever buys it. I hope it winds up being a killer deal for someone, but there are very legitimate reasons the price is so low.

I wanted to jump in and echo what Ira said. The dealership that has this car has posted it all over Craigslist. I saw it today & called 'em. They struck me as extremely unprofessional, said they'd call back, never did. Looked up the Carfax & BBB rating on the dealership and saw the crash (that the guy at the dealership failed to mention) and the F rating from the BBB. Several horror stories from previous customers.

I'd love to hear from whomever buys it. I hope it winds up being a killer deal for someone, but there are very legitimate reasons the price is so low.

They also said they were going to call me back since our phone call was cut short by a pressing issue at the dealership - but never did. Maybe I shouldn't be upset over missing out on this deal.

Back