• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Hawk race pads (DTC60s)

Racing Brake is adamant that you run Hawk pads on their rotors. They specifically warn not to run Carbotechs. The choices for Hawks for the NSX are DTC60, HT-10( being replaced by the 60s), Blacks and HP +. After two sets of them I am not a big fan of the HP+ and looking for a dedicated track pad.

I am wondering if anyone has run DTC60s? The only rear pads available are Blacks & HP+. I am wondering if I can run the DTC60 front and Black or + in the rears?

Anyone running Cobalt Fricton? What compounds F/R?

They can be as adamant as they want but this is NOT my experience - their claim is was based on someone complaining on another car club forum but details were not provided if they embedded the brakes properly or not, and you know how lawsuits start ......... I had their first rotor/template ever made to fit the NSX, and have used only Panther Plus and now two sets of XP8 with no issues ......... and I will repeat, the Carbotech pads that I use do NOT squeal ....... YMMV.

Racing Brake is adamant that you run Hawk pads on their rotors. They specifically warn not to run Carbotechs. The choices for Hawks for the NSX are DTC60, HT-10( being replaced by the 60s), Blacks and HP +. After two sets of them I am not a big fan of the HP+ and looking for a dedicated track pad.

I am wondering if anyone has run DTC60s? The only rear pads available are Blacks & HP+. I am wondering if I can run the DTC60 front and Black or + in the rears?

Anyone running Cobalt Fricton? What compounds F/R?

I use the HT-10's for the track with the Stoptech BBK and it's night and day compared to the HP+. I use the HPS for the street and have them in the rear also even on the track when I use the 10's in front with no problems.

HT-10 are superior to HP+ for the track, though there is a rumor that the Tire Rack doesn't have any. Is this a permanent thing? You mentioned the DTC60 will replace the HT-10?

The DTC-60 and HT-10 have the same cold temperature operating point of 300F but the DTC-60 has a slightly higher hot temp of 1600F rather than 1400F for the HT-10. They do need to warm up for full braking ability.

Now that I use the HT-10, in hindsight the HP+ aren't good track pads.

I just grabbed the last set of Hawk HT-10 from Tire Rack. :(

Hopefully they'll get more in stock soon.

OK, ordered a set of Hawk DTC60s for the front and will run my HP+ in the rear since I still have 70% left.

2.5" cooling ducting F & R, RB 2 piece F & RB 1 piece rear.

Will let you know how it goes.

I just grabbed the last set of Hawk HT-10 from Tire Rack. :(

Hopefully they'll get more in stock soon.

I saw those, but grabbed the last set of DTC60s from Tirerack (special order now). I figured I would rather pay the extra $20 and get the DTC60s as this was the new compound anyway (supposedly more rotor friendly, etc) and if I liked the HT10 I would be SOL as they are discontinued and would have to try the DTC60 eventually anyway.

After two sets of them (Hawk HP+)I am not a big fan of the HP+ and looking for a dedicated track pad.

You are obviously a much better driver than I am and you also seem to spend a lot off time at the track.
Would you like to tell me (us) why you did not like the HP+ pads that much?

I also have the Racing Brake brakes and chose the Hawk HP+ pads as my first choice. Really like the improved braking performance, even in such a way that I went through a set of front rotors in just 9000 miles of street driving.
Did NOT like the dusting though.

Have changed the rotors now and switched back to the HPS pads instead. The performance is definately a bit less (but still better than OEM) but the HPS dust very little. Hope my rotors will also last longer.

Back