• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Head unit with good contrast from NSX's angle?

zff

Registered Member
First of all, I apologize if this question has already been asked and answered. I searched for it but couldn't find any previous discussions.

I wanted to know if there are any good aftermarket head units with a nice flourscent display that has good contrast when viewed from the slightly-beneath angle they'd be viewed from in an NSX.

Most flourscent displays I've seen work best when viewed straight on or from above -- like how they'd be viewed from in any other car. I've also found that most flourscent displays are very hard to read when viewed from below like they would be in an NSX. I've seen head units with boring one-color LCD displays that work, but I'm looking for something that looks a little more modern.

I understand that glare is a problem, but that's not what I'm referring to.

Maybe there's another solution? A bracket and center console that allows you to mount a DIN-sized deck horizontally? Or double-DIN sized if you delete the ashtray?

The Pioneer OEL units have pretty good lighting but the face is so glossy you'll have a lot of glare. What you might want to do when you mount your deck is angle it like this picture below. You can do it without losing the ashtray. Most of your work will be involved in modifying the console trim.

attachment.php

zff said:
That's perfect. Is there someplace I can buy a console like that?
Sadly, no - it's a right hooker for starters!
It truly is a beautiful piece of work - your best bet is to find someone good in plastic fabrication who can plastic weld it for you from your original.

Malibu Rapper said:
The Pioneer OEL units have pretty good lighting but the face is so glossy you'll have a lot of glare.

Hey you got any more pics of your dash ? One at nite and one daytime ?

Back