• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help, anyone from Nashville, TN?

I'm interested in purchasing this NSX on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...1&category=5337

It is being sold by a business called One Step Auto Brokers but cannot find a listing for a business with that name. I am looking for someone who can check the car out for me and I'm willing to pay for the service. I won't have enough time for a local dealership to inspect and they are going to have a PepBoys inspect but need more assurance from an NSX person since I will have to have the NSX shipped all the way to Hawaii.

I would really appreciate some help from on of the NSX expert/enthusiast in the Nashville area that can confirm this business and the condition of the car.

Thanks so much,

Craig

My email is: [email protected]

Craig,

I live in Nashville, and would be happy to take a look at the car for you. If I ever make it out to Hawaii, perhaps you could take me out for a beer, but otherwise, I don't need anything to do this for you.

Call the dealer and see if they could perhaps bring the car over to my house this weekend or early next week, and I'll give it a thorough inspection.

I'm VERY anal about all my 3 weekend toys ('02 Boxster S, '91 NSX, '87 Porsche 911 Turbo Look Cabriolet), and go as far as to detail the chassis on my 23,800 mile '91 NSX twice a year. It's never been in the rain, but I like to keep it as perfect as possible.

E-mail me at [email protected] and we can talk.

By the way...two more things:

1) I've never heard of the dealership in question.

2) You'll probably want Barnman (Barney Demonbreun) from Gary Force Acrua to take a look at the car, at least from the mechanical side. I'm very good at cosmetics, etc, but Barney is the man to look over the mechanicals.

link doesn't work

Possible issues!!!

WANTANNSX,
You may want to make sure this is a legit deal. I was just browsing ebay, and noticed that there are 2 black NSX's up for bid, both in Nashville, and came here to make a report, but noticed your post.
They are both black/black, the mileage is within 30 miles of each other, and ... surprise, surprise ... the VIN on both auctions is the same: JH4NA1152PT000012.
But different seller IDs.

Here are the 2 auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2431039731&category=5337
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2431366190&category=5337

It could be one legitimate auction, and one guy scamming with hijacked info, or one guy trying to maximize his scams by running 2 bogus auctions, but, either way, I smell a large rodent.

I did notice you were bidding on both. Whatever you do, if you do win, do not send deposit money unless you have irrefutable proof that one of these deals is for real.

I guess Mike O may be able to shed some light. Somehow I think these guys are going to avoid him, since he's local.

George

Thanks for the replies and offers to assist. I found the same problems after doing more research. I really appreciate it and have decided to pass on the flakey situation with these NSXs.

Thanks again,

Craig

Back