• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help, car wont start

Had this problem last month and mine was caused by relay switch. Ordered OEM part from Peoria Acura. Once part was replaced, she fired up like nothing happened. Do a search for detailed instructions on DIY. Took me thirty minutes to fix my baby.

I'll give you $25K for it "AS IS" :biggrin:

Residual fuel pressure should have started and kept the car running for a few seconds

A lot of people chase fuses, but unless you were jogging a control it most likely isn't the problem. Nearly all of the time it's a component.

If it's cranking normal, the battery is good

Last edited:
Put some gas in it ?? $25,050 with a full tank of gas :biggrin:

Residual fuel pressure should have started and kept the car running for a few seconds

A lot of people chase fuses, but unless you were jogging a control it most likely isn't the problem. Nearly all of the time it's a component.

If it's cranking normal, the battery is good

I hear the fuel pump purring when I turn it off.

B@t™

I hear the fuel pump purring when I turn it off.

B@t™
Then it should be fine, and you're out of gas? My guess. That sound is what it makes when it's running. When submerged you can't hear it.

my nsx is having this issue right now, it starts one day next day it wont... changed out main relay acouple times with new ones cause the cars sitting at the dealership, changed out the fuel pump relay also... yesterday we checked fuel pressure and there was none, but this morning the car fired up 10+ times... now we are waiting for it to not start again... we may believe its going to need a new fuel pump...

my nsx is having this issue right now, it starts one day next day it wont... changed out main relay acouple times with new ones cause the cars sitting at the dealership, changed out the fuel pump relay also... yesterday we checked fuel pressure and there was none, but this morning the car fired up 10+ times... now we are waiting for it to not start again... we may believe its going to need a new fuel pump...

Mine is starting to develop similar symptoms, died while at a stop light once last week, drove fine till today, and just wouldn't start. More info here...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/176368-revved-up-engine-and-then-it-just-died

Mine was doing this, I changed the battery and it still kept doing it. After going through all relays and fuses, it ended up being the starter. Try tapping it and see if the car starts.
I found that NSX has rather high draw on the battery all the time, so good to have it on trickle charge or start it at least once every other week.

Back