• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help! Looking for my old car JH4NA115XMT002134

Re: Help! Looking for my old car

I'm confused.

Was your car stolen two years ago? What do you mean by "potential buyer"?

You get monthly invoices for tolls. Your plates are still on the car. You know where the car gets driven.

But two years later you ask Prime?? Have you contacted the police at any time?

Last edited:

I was in the process of selling my nsx on April 23, 2008. We were to finish the paperwork the next day but the potential buyer disappeared with the car. I didn't think any thing of it until I received a registration notice in the mail last year followed by toll charges month after month. The vin number is JH4NA115XMT002134 and the license plate is Z24MMH and is 1991 black/ivory with chrome wheels. According to toll invoices, the car travels around the George Bush (190), Coit, and Josey vicinity. There is no bill of sale and I never signed the title.

Your car disappeared and you didn't think anything of it?:confused::confused:

At the very minimum he stole your license plates. Report it to the police or continue being naive and pay his tolls for him.

Also, if he gets in an accident under your title and registration and you don't report it as stolen you are giving him permission to operate the vehicle in this fashion and you may be liable as the owner for his accidents. If he has no assets and you do, then you get screwed.

Again, report it as stolen or don't come crying here because I will say I told you so.

Last edited:

Well, I posted back in August in the "Off Topic" section but decided that I would try posting it in the local forum to see if anyone here has seen the car. If found I can approach him directly or call the police at that time.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

What difference does it make if you/we find him first for you to wait until THEN to call the police?????

Perhaps we are being too subtle. Let me speak slowly and spell it out for you:

C A L L T H E P O L I C E - - - - N O W !!!!!!!!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126373 here is that old thread.As a business owner you know there are lots of rules in america,a very broad legal system ect/ect..Whether you wish to admit it or not you have loaned your car to a stranger who could do anything with it, and as rso has clearly told you you and your ins co. might be liable for whatever.Sounds like a nifty scam,pay you a partial payment and pay you the rest the next day to sign the documents and wamo gone with car,which he could part out or sell on the black market overseas,or do some crimes with ect......you need to resolve this with going through the proper chanels to report a stolen vehicle/plate/identity. In your mind could this have been a cultural thing,was he of a similar country of origin to you?

Let me make this real simple for you. I sold my 36' ocean going sail boat through a yacht broker. Everything was done correctly, title was transferred, I was paid in full, etc. The next year I received a property tax bill for the boat. I went to the tax office and told them that I didn't own the boat and that it had been sold. They asked me to prove it, which I did. They then informed me the person that purchased the boat never registered it with the State of California and that it still had me as the registered owner. I had to fill out and submit forms for the State of California to demonstrate I was not the owner. Reason why? If the current owner was using the boat to run drugs, I would be going to jail.

Do yourself a favor. You're going to be responsible if there is a problem.

First, he was a white middle aged guy. Maybe a scammer but not some Nigerian scammer. Second, the car is still in North Dallas almost two years later. So, I doubt it is going over seas or being chopped up. If so, it would have been done already. Third, in Texas, license plates go with the car.

If I understand this in conjunction with your original thread in off topic, you tried to sell your car, received only partial payment, never signed the paperwork because the "buyer" never came back, and the "buyer" disappears the next day.

You got scammed.

That equals he stole the car.

Your intent may have been to sell the car but his intent was to scam you.

I need to drop out of this discussion because, no offense, I am beginning to think you are so dense that light bends around you.

This has to be a joke. Did you get paid in full for the car? Do you know the name of the person who took your car? If the answer is "no", your car was stolen. If there is no bill of sale and you didn't deposit a check, there is no proof of the transaction. For all you know the person who has the car could have given you stolen money or drug money.

Last edited:

I need to drop out of this discussion because, no offense, I am beginning to think you are so dense that light bends around you.

ditto. I quit.:confused:

...this was a middle aged white guy who worked at Lute Riley Honda for 11 years...

Then that is where you should start. Call the dealership and ask if they have any contact information. It just seems a little strange that the two of you have let this go for two years.

You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink it . :rolleyes:

Hope this doesnt turn out to be a I told you so thread :wink:

As Brewer and Shipley said in their song... "One Toke Over the Line"

I know.... I'm dating myself...

Do you guys have a release of liability form that you could fill out and give to your local Department of Motor Vehicles???

Edit- Found it> transfer of ownership

If you have the guys info, or can find it, you can just fill this out and then you are good to go. Lute Riley Honda should be able to give you some of his info, no?

Last edited:

Thanks ANYTIME for that constructive post. I am going to resolve this matter. For the rest of you suggesting that I report it stolen, obviously didn't read why that is not an option. Either way, if you happen to see the car (91 black/ivory with chrome wheels, license plate #Z24MMH) in the North Dallas area around Coit, George Bush, and Josey PLEASE let me know.

Back