• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Help..Need a hook-up for a Toyota SUV.

All,
I am looking for a 2023 Sequoia limited w/ TRD off-road and I am okay with MSRP pricing. I appreciate the hook-up or referral. I am going camping in a few weeks.

thank you,

Calvin

Good luck with that.

But worth a try, I suppose. The Toyota website lets you specify a distance and search for vehicles with your exact spec, then click to contact each dealer.

I contacted 30 dealers in December and January before finding my GR Corolla (white with all 3 option packs), and a few months later I contacted about 20 to find a Rav4 Hybrid for my daughter (in a specific color and trim level). Both took about a month to arrive, there are no popular models in inventory anywhere, especially at MSRP.

I paid $7500 over for the GR, my daughter paid $3K over for the Rav4.

Good luck with that.

But worth a try, I suppose. The Toyota website lets you specify a distance and search for vehicles with your exact spec, then click to contact each dealer.

I contacted 30 dealers in December and January before finding my GR Corolla (white with all 3 option packs), and a few months later I contacted about 20 to find a Rav4 Hybrid for my daughter (in a specific color and trim level). Both took about a month to arrive, there are no popular models in inventory anywhere, especially at MSRP.

I paid $7500 over for the GR, my daughter paid $3K over for the Rav4.
how is the GR ?

It's a very fun little hatch. Very cozy interior, rides rough, very direct controls, great handling, braking and acceleration.

But I'm an old guy, and thought maybe I'd do one or two track days, autocrosses, and rallycrosses (did all those many years ago), but not sure I'm really interested in that stuff anymore. I have a Prius wagon for around town driving with the wife and/or dog, and have several other fun cars (including the NSX), so the GR just doesn't get driven much.

Speaking of being an old guy, I really hate all the tech in all new cars. Managed to turn most of the GR "driver assist" functions off with the help of a buddy who used to be a master Toyota technician. But still I got in the car the other day and it took ten touchscreen touches to turn on the radio to the channel I wanted.

So not sure if I'll keep it or not.

Back