• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

help w/ rim sizes!

I'm looking to get rims for my 91, and I'm going for the 17x7/18x9 combo, and probably 215/40 f, 265/35 r. Problem is, I don't know what offset and width looks good. I want a look where the tires fill out the rim width(no stretching) and where the rims are just inside the wheel wells, but not sticking out far enough where they are flush w/ the fenders. Any comments?

uberjeph,
I have a set of Momo wheels for sale (17x8 & 18x8.5) w/ 215/40/17 & 255/35/18 Yokohama AVS Tires. The wheels are in great condition (only ~1000 mi); no scratches or damages, look brand-new! Tires have about 90-95% of tread left. The offset is specified for NSX. E-mail me if you're interested. [email protected]

Charles Tseng

uberjeph

I have 17X8 in front with 215/40ZR17s and 18X9.5 in back with 265/35ZR18s. The front seem to stretch a bit, so I recommend 18X7.5 because 18X7s are hard to find. Or with an 8 you can try and find a wider tire like a 225, its your choice. My backs are perfect no stretching at all. I believe Racing Hart C5s come in a wide variety of sizes which inclue both 7 and 7.5 so you may want to check those out. The site for Racing Hart is www.dazzmotorsports.com I know some people that have had great sucess with HRE wheels, they make a bunch of custom offsets for different cars, you may wanna check them out too. www.hrewheels.com

As far as the offset goes I have a 53mm offset in back, I didn't look at the front ones but I can check for you, I'll just have to pull the wheel off. They sit in the wheel wells a bit but they are perfect, so when you buy rims make sure you tell thme what year, make and model car you have. If you goto really good store they should know the correct offset. I recommend www.tirerack.com or www.tires.com they've helped me in the past and have always been right the first time.

Hope that helps you out.

[This message has been edited by PUREVIL (edited 21 August 2000).]

Back