• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hid 3000k,4300k,6000k,8000k,10000k only $180

I might be interested, but would like to see install instructions that come with the kit or at least photos of all the parts of a complete kit.

can u give me the pros and cons of the different frequencies?

I heard the lower ones are better for inclement weather conditions.

They are different temperature ratings (in Kelvins). 4300K probably will provide the most usable light (most factory HIDs are 4300K). 6000K looks nicer to most people, but it doesn't provide as much light.

They are different temperature ratings (in Kelvins). 4300K probably will provide the most usable light (most factory HIDs are 4300K). 6000K looks nicer to most people, but it doesn't provide as much light.

I have 6000K HIDs and trust me they are bright , they are almost blinding. They are way brighter then any stock halogen bulbs.

i wanna slap these puppies on already... make sure you give me a call son~!!! hahaha :biggrin:

I have never bought anything from the seller, but as far as the product goes....

Ive installed these on a Nissan Murano and it was a very decent kit. A local retailer sells these same kits here for about the same price. The only downfall has already been mentioned...the ballast are somewhat loud , but with the hood closed, its barely noticeable.

I have 6000K HIDs and trust me they are bright , they are almost blinding. They are way brighter then any stock halogen bulbs.

6000K HIDs are definitely much brighter than halogen bulbs. However, 6000K bulbs aren't as bright as 4300K bulbs. According to one source, 6000K bulbs provide 2900 lumens while 4300K bulbs provide 3100 lumens. Halogens, in contrast, provide 700-1000 lumens in the 2000K-3000K color temperature range.

It just depends what you want out of your lighting. 6000K bulbs may look nicer from the outside, but they don't provide the most light. In other words, you sacrifice some luminosity for better looking (more blue) lights.

6000K HIDs are definitely much brighter than halogen bulbs. However, 6000K bulbs aren't as bright as 4300K bulbs. According to one source, 6000K bulbs provide 2900 lumens while 4300K bulbs provide 3100 lumens. Halogens, in contrast, provide 700-1000 lumens in the 2000K-3000K color temperature range.

It just depends what you want out of your lighting. 6000K bulbs may look nicer from the outside, but they don't provide the most light. In other words, you sacrifice some luminosity for better looking (more blue) lights.

I have always said the same thing but people perception is what looks brighter is brighter. If you take the same two set ups and shine them in a completely black room you will see which ones actually provide more usable light.

IAtuner,
When I try to go to your web site I get "HTTP 403 forbidden".
What am I doing wrong

IAtuner,
When I try to go to your web site I get "HTTP 403 forbidden".
What am I doing wrong

Sorry about that Pbassjo the server only allows my IP address to go on right now because I'm still working on the site hopefully I'll be done w/ it by the end of this month than I can launch the site. If there is anything you need just pm us I distribute everything from suspension, wheels, tires, peformance upgrades, brakes, rotors, jdm parts, accessories, seats, almost everything.

The color temperature of HID lighting more closely approximates the color temperature of natural daylight than does a halogen system, which appears yellowish in comparison. We use the term "correlated color temperature" to indicate that the light appears as if the discharge lamp is operating at a given color temperature-- traditional measurements of color temperature are drawn from the properties of the metal used in the bulb's filament. Typical color temperatures are 2800K (incandescent), 3000K (halogen), 4100K (cool white or SP41 fluorescent), and 5000K (daylight-simulating fluorescent colors). A white light has a perceived brightness which may equate to the higher stated efficacies-- ie., although an HID lamp might have equivilant lumens as a higher wattage halogen bulb, the HID will appear brighter and more pleasing to the eye than the output of a halogen lamp.

I have always said the same thing but people perception is what looks brighter is brighter. If you take the same two set ups and shine them in a completely black room you will see which ones actually provide more usable light.

Are you saying that people perceive 6000K to be brighter? I thought that 6000K is just more blue.

Back