• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

High boost CTSC belt part number

Can anyone get me that? I need it a.s.a.p. I am running 7lbs boost.

Thx!

I believe CT recommended a 1770 mm 5-rib belt. Some threads in the past have described taking a wider Gatorback and cutting off one of the ribs. I believe the closest 5-rib Gatorback is 1790 mm.

I believe CT recommended a 1770 mm 5-rib belt. Some threads in the past have described taking a wider Gatorback and cutting off one of the ribs. I believe the closest 5-rib Gatorback is 1790 mm.

Is that for the standard CT kit or high boost though? Thanks!

Is that for the standard CT kit or high boost though? Thanks!

That's for high boost. The standard belt is part 4050705, which is 70.5" long. The high-boost belt would be 4050696 or 696k5. But Gatorbacks (now Continental Elite) jump from 4050665 to 4050705. The 6-rib belts have a 4060695, which is the one you would trim by one rib.

The best belt for you will depend on the size of your pulley though. And whether you have TiDave's tensioner block.

Last edited:
Thx. What are the best brands for belts and best place to get this one? A google search came up with many different kinds from the same manufacturer (e.g. Gates). Neither Autozone, Advanced Auto, Napa or O'Reily list the part number on their websites.

Last edited:
I'd go with the gator back belt. Not sure on the part number but I had a Napa belt on mine which came in my kit new,then it started squealing and chirping like a SOB 2 weeks later. I have the trimmed gator back belt now with zero noise.

Last edited:
This is my pulley setup. I'm not quite clear on how much more adjustment I have. That is TiDave's tensioner, right?

This is my pulley setup. I'm not quite clear on how much more adjustment I have. That is TiDave's tensioner, right?
I think that is just the standard belt tensioner. I could be wrong but it looks similar to my ctsc. The tiDave one should move the tensioner to the drive side, not the return side. I had driving ambition install my Goodyear gator back belt. It's hard to tell how he trimmed it as it looks like a normal belt. Probably used a belt drive cutting tool. I would try calling Shad, measuring your pulley, and getting the right part. Best time I can usually reach him is 9-10am.
916-692-2151

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I just read your previous post. I would ditch the Napa belt. That belt gave me nothing but noise when new. Goodyear belt is strong. No squeaks, no slips, no bullshit.

Looks like I may have to get the 6 rib goodyear and cut off a rib. BUGS2K has ordered a couple of different ones, off to see him tomorrow at the dealership. I looked over the tensioner and don't see the piston like thingies in the standard comptech kit. I've looked for some photos to show the TiDave installation but haven't found one yet. Wish me luck.

New belt (Napa 6 rib as needed it in a hurry for the wannagofast weekend). Dynoned on Mase's Dyno Dynamics, 409.8rwhp. It was colder outside though, 65 degrees I think. Forgot to write down the part number and BUGS2K wasn't there so I didn't see the bill for the belt yet. But lot's more adjustment now!

You can run the Gatorback standard belt 5pk1790. It will have the tensioner maxed out. That's what I'm currently running. When I was running a smaller custom pulley I bought a 6 rib belt and trimmed it. I never had a problem with it fraying or breaking.

You can run the Gatorback standard belt 5pk1790. It will have the tensioner maxed out. That's what I'm currently running. When I was running a smaller custom pulley I bought a 6 rib belt and trimmed it. I never had a problem with it fraying or breaking.

Thanks Ron. We ended up using a trimmed 6 rib belt, PN: 25-060685, So far so good.

Back