• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HIR 1&2 replacement bulbs

Has anyone here on the forums put HIR bulbs on their NSX in place of the stock bulbs?

I got some for my Landcruiser and after installation of a relayed wiring harness they put out a great deal of light. The low beam is 1700 and the high beam is 2350 lumens if I remember right.

The bulbs require a slight amount of trimming on one of the tabs, then they fit right in where the 9005/9006 bulbs would.

As soon as I pull the NSX out of hibernation I am going to swap these in and see if they make a difference. It should tide me over until I order WhitesNSX HID kit anyway.

I got them at rallylights.com, about 30 bucks a bulb and they shipped 2nd day air for $9.

Interesting! I hadn't heard of these before.
You can read about them at the bottom of this link.
Looks like the colour temp of the bulbs is about the same as a regular halogen but has considerably more light output.
I have HIDs in my NSX & 300ZXTT but may get these for my DD. That's not much more expensive than Silverstars.

Incidentally those Hella Xenon's listed above may be a good High Beam match for the HIDs with the higher colour temp @ 4000K

Back