• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Hot Hot Hot Roof Panel - My Solution

Yeah, that roof gets hot. I had a couple shop towels in the trunk for it but I kept thinking I could do better. Someone else mentioned they keep a pair of gloves behind the seat and I thought that's closer but not quite what I want.

So anyway, today I pop in to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and purchase a couple nice oven mitts with a rubbery grippy underside. Once home with my mitts, I print a logo I swiped somewhere around here, grab an x-acto knife and cut myself a stencil, drag the airbrushes out of storage, and before I knew it I had my roof mitts.

P4133191cs.jpg

What'cha think?

:biggrin:

gobble said:
I don't understand why you need to touch the roof of the car when it gets hot.

Because it is necessary to remove and install T top. :confused:

bodypainter said:
Yeah, that roof gets hot. I had a couple shop towels in the trunk for it but I kept thinking I could do better. Someone else mentioned they keep a pair of gloves behind the seat and I thought that's closer but not quite what I want.

So anyway, today I pop in to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and purchase a couple nice oven mitts with a rubbery grippy underside. Once home with my mitts, I print a logo I swiped somewhere around here, grab an x-acto knife and cut myself a stencil, drag the airbrushes out of storage, and before I knew it I had my roof mitts.

P4133191cs.jpg

What'cha think?

I think that they look great, and you could probably use them as pot holders too. Why don't you go into business and sell these to other prime members, and of course, since I'm suggesting it, I expect you to reward me with a free pair!!!!! :biggrin:

Nice idea,,but dos'nt the "mitt" compromise your grip on the roof?I keep a set of leather driving gloves in the car ,I've seen some folks with cotton painters gloves ect.You look like your ready for the UFC nsx style!

Sorry, I already have a job. These will remain one of a kind. :)

The backside of the mitts is rubbery with little knobs. Preliminary results don't show them leaving any smudge or mark on the painted roof surface so that's good. The rubber is very grippy, no danger of the roof sliding out of my hands.

P4133193cs.jpg

When the roof is on the car, I think the mitts can just ride where the roof stores.

P4133195cs.jpg

When the roof is off, they could go in the trunk but they also snug up under the glass. This is where I'll probably keep them when I'm topless.

P4133198s.jpg

I like it!

Great idea and it's a nice product. I think it looks strange being stored under the glass. But I think that was just an attempt at humor on your part.

Other uses for "Hot Roof Panel Solution"?

bodypainter said:
before I knew it I had my roof mitts.

P4133191cs.jpg

What'cha think?

a couple of other uses quickly come to mind:

* trash receptacles for inside your car
* cold weather mittens
* slippers
* swimming aids to put on each hand
* IV drip bag covers
* trick or treat goody bags
* magician's pouch

anybody else?

bodypainter said:
Do I look like a joker?

Okay, don't answer that. ;)

Since you're a noob here and a fellow Floridian, I'll spare you the bad sarcasm. Make sure that you join the NSXCA and attend the local gatherings.

Btw, you do look like a dofus wearing those oven mitts. :biggrin:

Thanks all, but since DocL said I looked like a dofus, I've decided to sell my NSX and get a C6 Corvette 'cause they all seem like such nice guys...

;)

Back