• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hot Import Nights 9/14/13

Make sure Oyatl wears bikinis and take a picture for us :eek:

2qwkf90.jpg

Last edited:
FYI - HIN sends this the day before the event...

and they couldn't communicate, fuel restrictions, battery disconnect, need for lighting, etc PRIOR to registration or at least a week ago?

Run like a monkey circus, totally :mad:

-

Dear Car Competitor,

Load-In will take place this Saturday at Noon to 4pm. Please arrive between those times, anything after will be turned away as the load-in door will be closed at 4pm.

Show begins at 5pm
Awards on the Main Stage at 10pm
11pm Load-Out begins
Vehicles out by Midnight

Make sure to have less than 1/4 tank of gas.
Batteries must be disconnected during the show.
Electricity Order Form attached. As this will be a lights off show.

Attached Flyer.

Good Luck, and see you at the show!!

Hot Import Nights

FYI - HIN sends this the day before the event...

and they couldn't communicate, fuel restrictions, battery disconnect, need for lighting, etc PRIOR to registration or at least a week ago?

Run like a monkey circus, totally :mad:

-

Dear Car Competitor,

Load-In will take place this Saturday at Noon to 4pm. Please arrive between those times, anything after will be turned away as the load-in door will be closed at 4pm.

Show begins at 5pm
Awards on the Main Stage at 10pm
11pm Load-Out begins
Vehicles out by Midnight

Make sure to have less than 1/4 tank of gas.
Batteries must be disconnected during the show.
Electricity Order Form attached. As this will be a lights off show.

Attached Flyer.

Good Luck, and see you at the show!!

Hot Import Nights

Agreed! A bit of a joke. I dont plan on bringing any lighting, too much work. This is supposed to be fun not work.

..and we are paying for this privilege too...

I'm thinking glowsticks, easy cheap, tacky, simple, and you can give them away

Thinking about not even washing my car and bring it in really dirty, maybe throw some mud on it

So glad with my decision now.
Just sit back, relax, drink beer, and watch football and hopefully the first Mayweather loss :tongue:

Fights gonna go the distance and Flyod "women beater" Mayweather is gonna win in a controversial decision.
It's all about the $$$. But I'll watch it because that clown is entertaining:smile:

At some point the sport becomes entertainment and the raw dollar corrupts those in it's path

prepped my car and few flashlights... good to go...

see ya

Just moved to the area last month and I will be there. Would be awesome to meet some of you NSX guys there!

My car will no longer be there. I tried to get in with 1/2 tank of gas and they would not let me in. I tried my best to burn off gas on the way down there but I had 3/4 of a tank to start with. Bull shit that they gave us about 36 hours of notice on that as well as other things they are inspecting for. Another guy close to me got turned away because the guy said he was leaking oil???

Last edited:
My car will no longer be there. I tried to get in with 1/2 tank of gas and they would not let me in. I tried my best to burn off gas on the way down there but I had 3/4 of a tank to start with. Bull shit that they gave us about 36 hours of notice on that as well as other things they are inspecting for. Another guy close to me got turned away because the guy said he was leaking oil???

Thanks for the report, I was just considering that exact situation.

I have just over 1/2 a tank, guess I'm not going to be showing my car tonight

Their lack of advance notice is complete bullshit and piss poor planning, we deserve a refund

By the way, I do have a siphon kit but no matter what I did the hose wouldn't get the fuel.
Think there is some sort of filter in-line or a weird bend, whatever...

:mad:

I am still going since I paid $52.50 to show my car and should be entitled to two tickets.
Mike has dibs on my second ticket

See whoever down there thats going...

Last edited:

Hey Ryan, sorry to hear about this. Come join us at the game in Scottsdale! :redface:

I ended up driving around for 1.5 hours to burn off enough gas to get near a 1/4 tank and made it into HIN with a few minutes to spare before they closed inspection/registration.

Zero signage and they had the wrong address on the flyer... convinced whoever is in charge of communications is clueless

Saw Mike, Ravi, Wade from SOS, and met an owner with a real nice Kaiser silver 1998 (some sick wheels on it)

Whole bunch of good looking cars and ladies... most people were really cool and the tunes were good

The general public were okay, lots of real odd questions, and even more fingerprints *grrr*... although the models left some nice pawprints

I took third place for hottest Acura :biggrin: although I think it should have gone to a different NSX

Surely Ryan would have won had he not been turned away

Last edited:
Back