• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many own NSXs?

Overwhelmingly so.

------------------
Todd Arnold
NSXotic.gif

http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Not me.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Rich??? im hardly rich. self-indulgent a little bit, maybe.

my used 91 nsx with 17k miles is less payment a month than my 2000 escalade. less than 500$ a month. if you chose to finance a used nsx youd be surprised at how affordable it really is.

then again, im not sure how you define "rich"

We are all so very rich that we buy NSX's and give them away. Like Elvis did with Cadillac's. That is how I would define rich, or stupidity.

several k, yeah...

but the real deal is that i leased it. if you can find the right lease deal it might make a lot of sense. the terms i came up with allowed a buyout after 12 months or ride the lease up to four years. the buyout terms were very cool, no penalty just what i owe on the car. for the finance majors out there, i figured what they were making on me if i bought out of the lease in 12 months. it was very very little, less than 1k in interest collected and total fees.

since im in an equity postion in the car, refinancing shouldnt be any problem. unless of course the nsx value plummets dramatically....oh no!!

I would guess that about 70 percent of the folks here own NSX's, another 20 percent expect to buy one within the next year or two, and the remaining 10 percent wish they could.

As far as who is "rich" - let's face it, no one with an NSX is living from one paycheck to another. To someone who is out of work, or someone from another country whose standard of living is lower than ours, we are all rich. And, of course, regardless of income level, our lives are enriched by the enjoyment of our cars. We are very fortunate indeed to own a car that millions of people can only dream about owning.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 21 January 2002).]

Hey Hey Hey, Don't forget the small small small small percentage like me who are having to sell their NSX's.
Anyone wanna buy a nice clean '91 for 30K?

Nah, everything ON it has pretty much sold,, but no interest in the car itself for some reason.
The wheels are still for sale, and The brembo's are kinda sorta for sale..
but thats about it.
Oh..and the car.

My NSX is actually "owned" by a bank. But they are nice enough to let me drive it every day.
smile.gif

Matt

------------------
2000 NSX-T #49
Silverstone/Black
9000 miles
No Mods

Back