• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much are stock rims worth??

I was wondering how much the stock 7 spoke 16"/17" rims w/ the factory bridgestone tires are worth. They are from a 2000 model and have about 50 miles on them. I am considering going to aftermarket rims and want to know how much the stocks are worth. Thanks

------------------
'00 NSX T

M3,

Congrats on your new arrival. I recently purchased MY2000 wheels and tires from someone in your situation. They never left the dealership and had less than 10 miles.

Expect to get anywhere between $2,500 and $3000 for the set (wheels and tires).

You can always check TireRack.com for competitive pricing on the tires. It might be about the same (and easier) to sell them complete.

-Jim

------------------
1991 NSX Blk/Blk
1974 Vette 454 4 spd
Wht/Blk

For what it's worth.... my wheel guy, Skip's Wheel Werks, told me the OEM rims were about $1600/each and made from the highest grade material available. He also thought any aftermarket rim would have a higher weight and thus impact performance. His overall recommendation was not to switch. I had him polish mine instead, maybe at higher profit for him.
wink.gif

You can see the results at http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000028.html

If you're interested I'll try to get a close up of just the wheels.

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk automatic

I bought my 2000 wheels with new tires from someone on this list for $1100 since he didn't want to be bothered with shipping and they were just sitting around taking up space. He changed wheels the day after he picked up his new NSX. Of course, I am the master at getting a good deal so YMMV : )

my wheel guy, Skip's Wheel Werks, told me the OEM rims were about $1600/

The OEM '94+ wheels originally listed for $1700 each. Since then they lowered the price so they now list for around $1300 each. You can get them discounted from the mail order places. Dali Racing sells them for $2820 for a set of four. For more info see http://www.daliracing.com/nsxcatalog/wheels/oem_wheels.cfm

Given the price of new ones from an established vendor, I think the previously-mentioned $2500-3000 including new tires is a fair price. And whoever paid $1100 for a set in perfect condition got an incredible deal!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 02 October 2000).]

I sold my set of 94 seven spokes for about $1800 with tires that were 95%. The rims were in great shape with only a few minor blems. I listed them on 3 sites and only received a few inquires before I finally sold them for my asking price. If you can get over $2500 then you are doing great!

As for deciding on whether or not to keep them. I say sell them. The OEM wheels are for sure high quality and low weight, but the only problem I had with them is that they are plain as hell (and on every stock NSX made after 93). You might not think that now, but pull up next to PUREVIL, NSXOTIC or ZABADNSX and your car will look plain. Nice but plain! Wheels are the one major thing (beside color of course) that set your NSX apart from the rest. Choose the right rim (and maybe lower it) and you will change your already amazing car into something that words can't describe.

This of course is only my opinion. Those of you that are running stocks rims on your NSX I mean no harm. It's just that I'm a 'rim nut' and have a very one-sided look on this subject.

I have a set of flawless 5-spoke (91-93) that I'll sell for less than that..
smile.gif
Thanks for the compliment James (Titanium).
Funny that you mentioned three black/ivory's .....back to that red thing, ahem.....
smile.gif

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info and pics. Brand new classifieds and Message board. It may take a bit to download but it's worth it, I hope @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

[This message has been edited by Nsxotic (edited 02 October 2000).]

I agree with Titanium Vtec. Wheels can change the car's look dramatically. Especially from behind.

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd
1999 Cosmos BMW M Coupe 5spd

Originally posted by M3 Power:
I am considering going to aftermarket rims and want to know how much the stocks are worth. Thanks

The rims are worth whatever someone else is willing to pay for them.
smile.gif

Keep in mind the info in the other posts. you are likely to get very few replies to your offer to sell and you can expect to have to sell at $1,100 - $1,800 for the set if you want to sell them quickly.

I have been very pleased with the stock rims and would be glad to consider something less than $2,000 for the set. I need another set to swap out for the race track. As quickly as I go through tires, I need a spare set.

Gordon G. Miller, III
[email protected]

Ok, a little off topic, but does anyone know how much the spare rim&tire assembly is or where to find one used??

New, it runs around $900 (that is NOT a typo). Used they are quite available - I know of several owners in the Chicago area who have gone to "big brakes" setups and would be happy to sell theirs at a huge discount. I'll send you a private e-mail with info.

Back