• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How much would it cost to paint this?

On a red 1991 NSX

How much would it cost to paint the top red?

We all know it comes red/black top

How much would it cost to paint the black top

Also if you guys have a clue on how much a Complete Paint job would cost just like OEM let me know thanks

Like this 1991

39_3.JPG

A bunch of people have gotten the roof on their coupe painted to match the body. $800 - $1200 is a pretty typical range for a decent job.

why don't u just buy a black one and paint the rest red and keep the roof black :rolleyes:

better yet, why don't you continue to look at ones that have issues. :confused:

Just another troll asking stupid questions and wasting everyones time. Read the other posts and you'll see why. Just a kid behind a keyboard.

You guys think i'm hard headed when it comes to buying salvaged nsx's Now look do i have a salvaged nsx? NO because i took all your advice on not to buy one with issues.

Now back to the thread

I don't want my car black it's going to be a RED car with a black top but i don't like the black top and i was wondering how much it would cost to paint the black top.

And if you guys know how much it will cost to do a OEM paint job like that nice Blue i see on nsx's let me know.

Superus said:
You guys think i'm hard headed when it comes to buying salvaged nsx's Now look do i have a salvaged nsx? NO because i took all your advice on not to buy one with issues.

Now back to the thread

I don't want my car black it's going to be a RED car with a black top but i don't like the black top and i was wondering how much it would cost to paint the black top.

And if you guys know how much it will cost to do a OEM paint job like that nice Blue i see on nsx's let me know.

are you so sure it doesn't have issues? look closer.
you "don't like black top"? please proofread
you want RED but you want blue? its nice because it was painted at the factory.

just take paint thinner and rub the red off...its still oem black underneth. cost $1.99 ;)

Last edited:
While some shops will just mask everything off and paint the top, a few of the better shops will remove the B pillar panels which require removing of certain interior panels to gain access to the bolts holding the B pillar panels in place. You will also need to buy a whole new front upper winshield molding as it will need to be removed for painting. The rear hatch glass needs to be removed. I forgot if anything else needs to be removed, but like Lud mentioned, expect to pay around $800 to $1500. You could also go to Maaco and thy probably will charge you around $300, so it really depends on how good a job you want.

Back