• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HRE 545 17/18's, with Tires, Black with Polished Lip

Status
Not open for further replies.
P1010966.jpg

IMGP2179.JPG

frontleft.jpg

frontright.jpg

rearleft.jpg

rearright.jpg

I am selling my HRE's after a switch to some lightweight wheels, they are a 17x8 (F) and 18x10 (R) - these were made by HRE to fit an NSX, and they are Hubcentric to the staggered centerbore of the car. The 545 is a 540-series wheel, with 5-spokes, these are 3-piece rims, constructed out of forged 6061-T6 aluminum, and were custom finished by HRE in gloss black. Due to the curved face of the 545 wheel, and the huge space between the stock nsx caliper and the rim face on my car, I doubt you would run into any problems with big brakes and these rims.

The Tires
Tires are included, with plenty of rubber remaining, they are as follows:

Front Left:
Dunlop FM901, 215/40/17, 80% tread life remaining.

Front Right:
Dunlop FM901, 215/40/17, 80% tread life remaining.

Rear Left:
Dunlop FM901, 265/35/18, 40% tread life remaining, has 1 small plug after a tiny finishing nail was found in the tread last Friday (09/01/06)

Rear Right:
Dunlop SP9000, 265/35/18, 80% tread life remaining

Condition

The wheel condition is good - there are some small rock chips and scratches, but they are very presentable wheels. They could use a good polish to look like new, but they clean up nicely. There is a slight bit of curb rash on the right rear (2x2" sections), but the rest of the wheels are rash-free.

The Bad

I was driving with these wheels on around 4 months ago when I ran over a small rubber square on the freeway at approx 80mph; I believe this was the flat rubber base of a safety cone, minus the cone, but the car did develop a slight shimmy afterwards, due to a bent inner lip on the front right rim. I contacted HRE for a replacement inner lip for this wheel, but they required 12 hours for the sealent glue they use to set, and their shop is located in San Diego (about 2 hours distance) - I use my nsx as my daily driver, and at the time only had this set of wheels to drive around on. I went to Mag Masters wheel repair in Anahiem, after they said they could fix it same day, and paid them $260 about 2 months ago to repair the bend. Afterwards the shimmy was reduced considerably, but it is still present - HRE can replace this inner lip completly, provided you send it to their factory in San Diego and can leave it with them for a few days, I was quoted $215 over the phone for the cost of a new inside lip, plus labor costs.

Price

The new cost for these wheels from HRE is $958/ea for the fronts, and $1166/ea for the rears, it also takes several weeks to build them for you. The tires are another ~$800 or so, so figure around $5000 all told, were you to purchase these wheels/tires brand new.

Now, these are not new wheels, and I am looking for a fair price - the front right wheel needs to be either repaired again, or have the inner lip replaced - the benefit of a 3-piece wheel is that you can simply replace the inner lip and have essentially a brand new wheel. With this repair in mind, I am asking a somewhat flexible $2250 Shipped for the wheels and tires, via FedEx Ground, to any of the lower 48 United States.

If you would prefer, you could contact HRE and setup the repair, and I could ship them to HRE for you, or you could get away with driving them as-is, as I have been doing. If you are local (SoCal, Orange County) you can reduce this price by $150 if you pick the wheels up. I take money order, or paypal (verified) provided you cover the 3% transaction fees. Please note I am describing these wheels as accurately as I can, and I was driving around on them as recently as yesterday, but they are sold 'as is'.

I am also Looking for the following nsx parts:
-Stock Center Console with Ashtray
-Stock air scoop (the part replaced by the downforce scoop)
-Trunk light assembly

If you have any of the above items I would be willing to to a 'partial trade' towards the rims.

I will also include a set of 'gorilla' spline lock lug nuts (20) that I used with these wheels.

The price is $2250 obo, Shipping via FedEx included.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM or email me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back