• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

HRE 567R and 567C -- any experiences? White or polished?

So I am itching to modify my car, and am thinking of going overboard (again...imagine that) and getting some custom made HRE 567R or 567C wheels. They are spit 5-spoke design which I like because it is clean and simple. The only downside is that I have to move from 17/18 combo to an 18/19 combo. The gentleman from HRE was recommending an 18x8 front with an offset of 39, and a 19x10.5 or 19x11 rear with an offset between 41 - 44. For those of you with larger wheels on the NSX (and hopefully HREs), what have you used, and how is the fitment for regular driving? How often does it rub? My car is lowered about an inch with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and Bilstein Sport adjustable shocks on the top perch. Also, which tire sizes are those of you driving without rubbing using on your cars?

http://www.hrewheels.com/567r/

http://www.hrewheels.com/567c/

Now, the other issue I have is that my car is Grand Prix White. I am not sure exactly how much of a match the gloss white finish from HRE is to the Grand Prix White paint on my car. The other option is to go with a polished finish which would look clean, but not as special probably, as I have grown to like the white wheels on a white car since putting white Volks on the NSX a few years ago.

So any input or opinions are welcome. Evidently the wheels will take about a month to get.

I'd contact Blue Batmobile about his setup. He's got HREs, but here's my inputs on the sizing they choose.

18x8 +39 is pretty perfect in terms of the balance of flushness to drivability IMHO. +39 to +36 on a 18x8" wheel seems to be the sweet spot for that balance. I'm currently running 18x8 +35 and it rubs occassionally on bumps.

As for the rear a 19x9.5 or 19x10 is all you really need to balance the front, anything more is just adding unneeded unsprung weight.

Remember the recommended NSX tire sizes are 215/35/18 front and 275/30/19 rear (265/30/19 will work too). A 275/30/19 will be really stretched on a 19x11 (and probably a 19x10.5). The only real reason to go 19x11 or 19x10.5 is to maximize lip size or find the proper offset. Since it's a 3 piece design, the wheel offsets & widths are somewhat confined to the sizing of each piece of the barrel (inner barrel and outer barrel) and how they fit together.
vorsteiner_wheel_process_4.jpg

Last edited:
Stormriders car looks great with white split 5 spoke and polished lip.

Someone mention my name? Eyecandy, thank you!:tongue:
Do it, you will love! May be you should just buy my wheel and be done with. :wink:

No problem... Your car is one of my absolute favorites!

So I am itching to modify my car, and am thinking of going overboard (again...imagine that) and getting some custom made HRE 567R or 567C wheels. They are spit 5-spoke design which I like because it is clean and simple. The only downside is that I have to move from 17/18 combo to an 18/19 combo. The gentleman from HRE was recommending an 18x8 front with an offset of 39, and a 19x10.5 or 19x11 rear with an offset between 41 - 44. For those of you with larger wheels on the NSX (and hopefully HREs), what have you used, and how is the fitment for regular driving? How often does it rub? My car is lowered about an inch with Eibach Pro-Kit springs and Bilstein Sport adjustable shocks on the top perch. Also, which tire sizes are those of you driving without rubbing using on your cars?

http://www.hrewheels.com/567r/

http://www.hrewheels.com/567c/

Now, the other issue I have is that my car is Grand Prix White. I am not sure exactly how much of a match the gloss white finish from HRE is to the Grand Prix White paint on my car. The other option is to go with a polished finish which would look clean, but not as special probably, as I have grown to like the white wheels on a white car since putting white Volks on the NSX a few years ago.

So any input or opinions are welcome. Evidently the wheels will take about a month to get.

Mitch I have 10.5 rears on mine and tire size became a problem- you can't find any matching front and rears. Start with tires then size your wheels. 10.5-11" looks awesome but since you are already not thrilled about going to 18/19 then you may not like the added weight anyways. If you really want to stay 17/18 then you can look at other wheel manufacturers like BC forged for example who offer those sizes and offer a more comfortable price tag. Since you are not going with an intricate or unique design specific to one manufacturer then you have some options. Not trying to talk to you out of HREs but jus' sayin'. FWIW, if you go ultra wide like 10.5 or 11, you will probably need a higher offset to keep the wheels inside the fenders or use stretched tires or camber depending on how aggressive you want to go. Their "standard fitment" does not rub from my experience- they have 3 types. I would go with polished wheels on a white car- just look at that car in Miami! Or, just buy Stormrider's wheels since they are the style and finish you are looking for, and he may be looking to move on. They do look sweet in person too.

FWIW, here are mine 18x8, 19x10.5:

P7140108 copy by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

Mitch I have 10.5 rears on mine and tire size became a problem- you can't find any matching front and rears.

(snip)

...Or, just buy Stormrider's wheels since they are the style and finish you are looking for, and he may be looking to move on. They do look sweet in person too.

Your car looks great!

I talked to my tire / wheel guy again and agreed that rears would not go wider than 10 inches for the exact reason of PROPER tire sizing. (Stretching tires has never seemed like a good idea to me.

As for the wheels on Stormrider's car....we will have to wait and see. Hehe. :cool:

Smart move Mitch, I posted better pics in the tire and wheel forum if you want to see how they really turned out after I cleaned them up. A clean tire with some shine on it instead of a freshly mounted tire with silicone goo all over it made a big difference to me ;)

Back