• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HRE Wheels with Brembo BBK

Even though some of the opinions conflict, I really do appreciate you guys giving me your thoughts on this. This is a big investment for me, bigger than I ever thought I would make for a set of wheels. And I'm not necessarily buying them becaue they are "HRE"s', I like them because I think the C20's are GORGEOUS. I think any wheel company has had wheels crack and become damaged. It happens. The best you can hope for is that the company stands behind their wheels and replaces them for you free of charge, and it sounds like other than one way shipping, HRE seems to do this.

blade no one is threating you just simply be a man and say the truth " what goes around really does come around"..i never sold you wheels i helped you ...your just one of thsoe people who will sue some one who saves your life to make a buck and dont appriciate people doing you a favor ..You bought used hre's from god knows who damaged and i helped you and you start all the BS and lye to get you a new set for free which i got you ..so whats your problem ..this is sad ..i never sold you anything so how can my service be bad i helped you ..i knew you would copy and paste my pm its the type of person you are ..enough said ...

.... this is what happen when you help people you get burned thats why this world is so screwed up ...the blades of the earth ..

oh blade you dont have same hre's your are 10 year old model ...

Two things:

1. I don't didn't need to purchase rims from you to have experienced your poor service, up until and including the moment you called me on my cell phone, cursed me off like a junkyard dog, told me to go F*ck myself, and then hang up on me before I could get a word in. Is that your definition of being a "MAN"?

2. Yes, my rims are old, I'm poor, my NSX is old and crappy and I could only dream of ever being a high roller such as you. You can tell lies to everyone as you told Kyle, that I totaled my NSX and tried to keep it a secret from everyone or just call out my old rims because I'm not rich enough to buy new bling bling rims from you like some of your very rich customers who you actually provide better service to, as I have experienced first hand for myself.

So let me understand your logic: I go to you for a service. The service you provide is unsatisfactory; and when I tell others of my ill treatment I am doing a disservice to you? My HRE's had cracks in the spokes and HRE NOT YOU were big enough to repair them. The role you played was the "Middle Man". They gave sincere apologies not only for my Rims (Which were purchased DIRECTLY FROM HRE) but for YOUR BEHAVIOR as well. No doubt it was HRE who called you about your service to me just prior to you calling me and cursing me off on my phone. Not unlike your PM to me after Kyle called you.

Let me make this clear: I HAVE NO QUALMS WITH HRE, THE PROVIDED EXCELLENT SERVICE.

The problem I have with you Ben, is the same problem others have had: POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

So, fine Ben....Let's say I'm not enough of a "MAN" and I don't have lots of Money with my "10 year old rims"....the facts still remain the same: YOU ARE UNPROFESSIONAL AND PROVIDE POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Hence the reason you failed to respond to the thread about you and your poor service in the link for which I provided in my original post above.

Let's take a vendor like say.............Science of Speed. I have been dealing with Science of Speed since I got my NSX in 2000 (but wait, my rims are 10 years old right:rolleyes: ). I have had nothing but the most incredible customer service from Science of Speed. They nearly always pick up the phone, always return a call, give good advice, make good on their promises, and apologize when and if something doesn't go according to plan. I have on several occasions, seen good things written about them in the vendors section or when speaking with other NSX owners. I have NEVER heard a single bad thing about them. You could learn a thing or two from Science of Speed.

See that? In this entire response, I didn't question your manhood, your personal wealth, or use profanity. The next time you send someone a PM and think they will "Copy and paste" it for all to see, perhaps you will try to show some professionalism and courtesy and refrain from profanity and indirect threats. But make no mistake, despite my civil and carefully worded response, I have a deep, seething, loathing for you and people like you. I suggest you keep that in mind the next time you think to respond to me with a PM cursing me off. Stop trying to act like a victim where I am your sole attacker. Others have chimed in about their bad experiences with you in the link I provided above.

"The Blades of the world":rolleyes: Please....You haven't seen the "Blade" side of me because thus far, you are not worth it.:tongue:

If have have personal opinions/feeling about Ben such as this PM you had cut and paste, maybe it is better you kept those private. That is why they are called PM's. :rolleyes:

The PM I cut and pasted had absolutely NOTHING to do with my "personal opinions/feelings" about Ben. So if I understand you correctly, the vendor you speak so highly of sends me a highly unprofessional PM using profanity and an indirect threat, and that's okay to you because it was sent in a PM?

Did the PM I cut and paste offend you? Did it contradict your own "personal opinion/feelings"? If so, then I'm sorry to have inconvenienced you; however, I felt that others should know the kind of customer service and treatment others have received from Ben of the WB, just as you speak of the positives. I have just as much right to voice my experiences with Ben as you do.

Last edited:
wow your right blade ..i dont know what i did to you ..i never insulted you just stated facts if that insults you well you got personal problems. .and i actually talk to you how ever because you started bad mouthing me for no reason .so you dont deserve my respect in my eyes.and you never were my customer your right i actually tried to be a friend with another nsx and make sure you didnt kill your self ..and you know what thats my fault now. .do you realize you turned a favor i did for you into this disaster ..thats shows the type of person you are ..thats all ..i really dont care to waist my time on you honestlly its a lost case ...'

you know what ..look at 1st post when you posted i actually saved you and thank you ben for helping fix my wheels. .after that i have no clue what happen becasue i never sold you anything you took this whole wheels issue on me for no reason ..thats why im pissed ...your blamming all this on me, your wheels are ten years old casue i looked it up ..you bought them used !!!! now you have new wheels thanks to me ... oh you forgot to thank me for getting you new wheels after you bought used one ..oh and for pointing out your wheels cracked ..yet you still persist saying i gave you bad service ..bro you got issues. .

here you go forgot this 1st thread ..
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30097&highlight=hre+crack

you got made at me again for what reason ...because i got you a free set of wheel oh thats right everyone should get mad at that ...!!!

im sorry if your gentle ears dont like profanity but when your lying and hiding behind a computer ..hey its get frustrating ...

again your not an never have been my customer please stop saying that ......lies again ..this is a forum not business .....ill be more than happy to call you out on all your lies everytime ..

you know what yeah maybe some people were unhappy in 2004 with service but buddy im not this successful for bad service stuff happend and we had some growing pains ..but your personal attcks have to stop becasue this is stupid ..your making this personal ..now. ..you go out of your way for no reason ..i wish i never meet you a let you dirve of into the sunset with your cracked wheels ..id be a much happier person ...

Last edited:
wow your right blade ..i dont know what i did to you ..i never insulted you just stated facts if that insults you well you got personal problems.

Don't tell me I have personal problems. That in of itself is a form of an insult.

.and i actually talk to you how ever because you started bad mouthing me for no reason .so you dont deserve my respect in my eyes

You failed to show me proper respect long ago during the service you provided to me, or the lack thereof. I never "Badmouthed" you. I merely pointed a potential customer of yours to another side of your service that wasn't being spoken of. If you think I did it just to be spiteful you're wrong. I have nothing to gain or lose. I just don't want ANYONE to have the same negative experiences I, and others, have had with you.

and you never were my customer your right i actually tired to be a friend with another nsx and make sure you didnt kill your self ..and you know what thats my fault now.

So, as you're polishing my rims and then noticed they are cracked, I owe you a special favor for pointing this out to me? I owe you for notifying HRE that one of their top quality rims were damaged? Did you fix them, or did HRE? Are you saying that you would have normally let a customer drive on damaged and potentially dangerous rims, but in my case you were being a "friend" by making me aware of the cracks?? Does this sound like good business to you??

.do you realize you turned a favor i did for you into this disaster ..thats shows the type of person you are ..thats all ..i really dont care to waist my time on you honestlly its a lost case ...'

Do you realize that the issues I had with you, this incident, all of what we are discussing now, happened nearly THREE YEARS AGO?! You don't want to waste time on ME? The last time I heard from you, you cursed me off and hung up on me after calling MYcell phone. You had all that time to reconcile things with me, and the others who have complained about your service but you didn't. Why? Because you make enough money to not care.

you know what ..look at 1st post when you posted i actually saved you and thank you ben for helping fix my wheels. .after that i have no clue what happen becasue i never sold you anything you took this whole wheels issue on me for no reason ..thats why im pissed ...your blamming all this on me, your wheels are ten years old casue i looked it up ..you bought them used !!!!

Wrong on several counts:

1. I thanked you for your service BEFORE it was even complete. I did it in the hopes that it would spark new business for you. Had I known your service would have been so poor, I would have corrected that very first post. In fact, I do believe I did.

2. Once again, I didn't buy rims from you, you were the Middle man with HRE and you said you could polish my rims to look like new (EPIC FAIL) on both counts. Hence the whole "Customer Service" thing I spoke of.

3. My rims ARE NOT TEN YEARS OLD. They were custom ordered in 2001. I didn't even OWN my NSX 10 years ago. I purchased my car in 2000.

4. I never Blamed you for the Cracks. I Blame you for poor customer service. That includes cursing me off, not returning calls, lying, etc. etc. etc.

now you have new wheels thanks to me ... oh you forgot to thank me for getting you new wheels after you bought used one ..oh and for pointing out your wheels cracked ..yet you still persist saying i gave you bad service ..bro you got issues. .

I have new wheels thanks to HRE. I'm not your "Bro", we aint friends like that. But yes.......I Do indeed have issues:tongue: Why else would I have the nickname BLADE:biggrin:

here you go forgot this 1st thread ..
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30097&highlight=hre+crack

you got made at me again for what reason ...because i got you a free set of wheel oh thats right everyone should get mad at that ...!!!

HEY!! Thanks, I was trying to find that thread with no luck. I believe Kyle wanted to see that thread. Oh yeah, I thanked you alright. I thanked you for pointing out the crack and playing middle man with HRE. As I said before, that was BEFORE you started treating me like the annoying poor customer. Maybe if I was buying my "Third Set of HRE" like someone else on this thread, you would have shown more effort for me. But, I'm a poor "not enough of a man" man, with 10 year old used rims with personal problems/issues, who has attacked you without any justification or cause right?:wink:

im sorry if your gentle ears dont like profanity but when your lying and hiding behind a computer ..hey its get frustrating

Trust me...I have NOTHING to hide nor am I "Hiding" behind a computer. Are you saying you'd like to meet face to face to discuss this? I bet you would.

you know what yeah maybe some people were unhappy in 2004 with service but buddy im not this successful for bad service

SOME PEOPLE?!....If you're so successful, why are you taking this so personal? Why curse me off and threaten me. Why accuse me of "hiding" behind a computer screen?

i wish i never meet you a let you dirve of into the sunset with your cracked wheels ..id be a much happier person

Ben...............THIS................is one of the most sincere things you've said yet. I believe it would give you pleasure to see me crash and burn.

I'm done.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that HRE's are probably the sexiest wheels I can find. If you get on their site and look at the Lambos and Ferrari's.... man they look sick.

If I've got the Brembo BBK all the way around, does anyone know what offset I'm going to have to order to fit with no spacers? I like 19 rear / 18 front.

Thanks for your help guys..

P.S. If any of you have HRE's with any kind of BBK I'd love to see it.

Thanks! :smile:

Gawd ,,see what happens when you ask a simple question:eek:

blade your attacking me persoanlly. ..last time i stayed quite not anymore. ..you keep saying your poor thats why i didnt help you .come on . i never said that, that again is your personal problem you keep bringing up ..advice get another job if its such a big issue for you .or win the lotto..

simple fact is you brought wheels to me to polish which i never did due to the wheels being damaged ..thats it simple and sweet ..then you contact hre complaing about me not following up with you ..i had nothnig to do with it from there on you werent my customer nor spent 1 dollar with me i running a company not a goodwill ..sorry if that offends you but no one works for free i did do you the biggest favor pointing out the damage and shipping the wheels to hre ."yes you take that for granted!" .then you wanted it all from me ..and now you trying to make me pay a price for no reason ..come on ..think about it ..of course i was gonna get upset when you call hre to complain about me when i again had nothing to do with this excpet helping you and them...again helping people gets you now where in this life..you tought me this very much so ..

sorry for ruining the post just cant take this abuse for no reason anymore from blade ..im done !!! hope no one does him a favor. ..im out of here !

Gawd ,,see what happens when you ask a simple question:eek:

Tell me about it.:rolleyes: Just buy the HRE's and you will be happy. :biggrin:

I wish you all the luck Ben, I know your biz will continue to grow and you will have many happy customers in the future. I will be a customer for as long as I need some shoes for my car. BTW, what do you have that looks HOT on a MB CLS 63?:biggrin: :cool:

blade your attacking me persoanlly. ..last time i stayed quite not anymore. ..you keep saying your poor thats why i didnt help you .come on . i never said that, that again is your personal problem you keep bringing up ..advice get another job if its such a big issue for you .or win the lotto..

Everyone would like to earn a little more money...I don't have an issue with my income, I have an issue with someone making an issue of my income. You didn't say I was poor, you indirectly implied it. What was the need in mentioning my rims are ten years old in your very first post. Answer? Merely to be insulting and condescending. You do it well. Along with others here it seems.

simple fact is you brought wheels to me to polish which i never did due to the wheels being damaged ..thats it simple and sweet

Simple, sweet and totally incorrect. You STILL charged me for polishing the rims. You did the front (which were NOT cracked) then did the backs. The fronts STILL looked like crap. I got a better shine out of them buying over the counter polish than with you, yet you charged me for polishing all four rims.

..then you contact hre complaing about me not following up with you ..i had nothnig to do with it from there on you werent my customer nor spent 1 dollar with me i running a company not a goodwill

Really? So HRE shipped the rims FROM and then TO your store for what reason? They could have shipped it elsewhere then since I was no longer your customer. You mounted the tires onto the rims and charged me for that Why??? I wasn't your customer anymore after all. I know what it is, what I paid you was in the hundreds not the thousands, so you probably don't remember that insignificant transaction. You should have told HRE you weren't making any money and wanted nothing to do with their efforts to make good on repairing their cracked rims. Maybe they should have found another middle man for the job then. But then you would have everyone believe that if they want HRE rims, they HAVE to go through you, isn't that right?

..sorry if that offends you but no one works for free i did do you the biggest favor pointing out the damage and shipping the wheels to hre ."yes you take that for granted!" .then you wanted it all from me ..and now you trying to make me pay a price for no reason

Amazing....I find it rather fascinating how you continue to dismiss your own poor customer service or remain in denial of it. I wanted it all from you?? All I wanted, was the same respect you paid to your big money customers. I wanted you to pick up the phone when I called, return my calls, tell me the truth, stop brushing me off like I was annoying you. Was that really too much for a lowly customer like me to ask? Was I not spending enough for you? Please, don't take that last comment as a means to bring up my income again, it gets tiresome.

..come on ..think about it ..of course i was gonna get upset when you call hre to complain about me when i again had nothing to do with this excpet helping you and them...again helping people gets you now where in this life..you tought me this very much so ..

Don't give me that crybaby nonsense about helping someone and getting burned for it.....Poor you. You are doing fine regardless of anything I say or do. You said it yourself. I didn't teach you some life lesson. Get over yourself. You play like you are a victim one moment, that hold your head up high talking about how great your business is doing. My career is for the most part a thankless job. I look in the mirror and know I do an honorable job. Your not a victim of anything except your own poor judgment in the service you give. It has nothing to do with karma, honor, doing unto others, etc. It's simple business ethics. You upset me greatly, you just have no idea. Yet, I haven't let any of that anger show. I've remained civil, yet I'M the customer. It was YOU the businessman, that cursed me off.

sorry for ruining the post just cant take this abuse for no reason anymore from blade ..im done !!! hope no one does him a favor. ..im out of here !

Nope, I won't apologize for this thread going way off tangent. I will respond to your false claims every time.

Here's the part that also fascinates me. In a previous post, you admitted that "Some" people were upset with you in 2004. One of those people includes myself. Rather than acting like the poor helpless victim, have you made ANY efforts to reconcile those issues with anyone?? You most certainly haven't with me. You know people were upset with you, at least a ONE or TWO of them were justifiably upset, did you apologize to any of them?? Or was business doing so well it never crossed your mind.:confused:

blade .... Im sorry if i have offended you in any way ... truelly .. but i was just responding to aligations which i believe were not fair ..im big enough to say i apologize to you publicly if i trully insulted you in any way ..goodbye..

blade .... Im sorry if i have offended you in any way ... truelly .. but i was just responding to aligations which i believe were not fair ..im big enough to say i apologize to you publicly if i trully insulted you in any way ..goodbye..

Awwww, Thanks Ben **HUGS**

I just want everyone to know that I appreciate all of your input very much. I've listened to alot of opinions about WB, some good, some not so good. I had a 30 min. talk on the phone with a gentleman from HRE in San Diego. He assured me that Ben and WB have a very good satisfaction rating and that Ben is very knowledgeable about the set ups of these wheels. (especially on the NSX and S-2000)

Noting that most people's bad experiences were years ago and the good experiences were more recent, I'm going to take a leap of faith and do business with WB and Ben. So far on the phone he's been super helpful. I think he's been very competitive with his pricing and I believe he's going to do what he can to get my wheels to me in a timely manner as my car is currently held hostage on a lift.

So this is a very public test. I ordered my wheels on Friday afternoon.
(2/8/08) Let's see how they do. I have faith.

Good luck just make sure you learn the propper way to clean them and use the right products so as not to tarnish or burnish those polished portions.Also don't lose you mind when invariably you will scratch, curb,or ding them in some way.

PhiAlpha44,

Good on you! Post some pictures when you get them installed.

I am sure there will be hundreds of pics of what we are doing to his car!

I will be COMPLETELY different when it rolls out!!!

Fikse my friend, Fikse.

HRE
FIKSE
FORGELINE

All great wheels. We ran Fikse's on the GS series porches in the rolex and Forgelines on the vettes in the GT series. Both awesome.

To me HRE is a status symbol. There great wheels but there are others and you know will be stronger.

Good luck just make sure you learn the propper way to clean them and use the right products so as not to tarnish or burnish those polished portions.Also don't lose you mind when invariably you will scratch, curb,or ding them in some way.

I've never curbed rims in my life. I don't plan on starting now. I'm getting the Competition wheels. The only thing polished is the lip.

PhiAlpha44,

Good on you! Post some pictures when you get them installed.

I most definatly will!

I am sure there will be hundreds of pics of what we are doing to his car!

I will be COMPLETELY different when it rolls out!!!

Yeah, and hopefully I will have some body parts coming in soon and ready to take it to get painted. That will be the time for pics fo sho.

HRE
FIKSE
FORGELINE

All great wheels. We ran Fikse's on the GS series porches in the rolex and Forgelines on the vettes in the GT series. Both awesome.

To me HRE is a status symbol. There great wheels but there are others and you know will be stronger.

HRE has ZERO status rep for me. You guys that know me know I don't give 2 rats A$$es what anybody else thinks about my stuff. Honestly, that C20 is just a sexy sexy wheel. I looked at Fikse and Forgeline. None of them had styles I wanted on my car. They both look like stuff that came off of a BMW or Porsche OEM.

Here ya go, the biggest badest Brembo kit around, Zinc Brembo calipers front and rear, HRE in 18x8 and 19x10, 35 offset I believe.

HRE helped me out a ton in making sure they fit before I bought them.

M.

arfcompp1.jpg

Hey Phi Alpha. I have a set of HRE's on my car. 18' front, 19" rear. I have had nor problems with them except you do have to keep up with the polishing to keep them looking good. I did curb on of my wheels and contacted HRE. They were very good at helping me. They said just to take it to the local HRE authorized seller ( in Vgeas its Discount Tire). I took mine to them, told them I talked to HRE, gace them the name and number of who I talked to and Discount Tire took it form there. A few weeks later I had my rim back with a new lip and polish of the entire wheel.

It's interesting that folks think that HRE makes a better or stronger rim than iForged. Much of that stems from the customer service issues iForged had in the early days. Those of us in SoCal who know both companies and their manufacturing processes will tell you that they are similar in quality. iForged simply has lower profit margins.

However, I'd rather have a nice, one piece forged Volk wheel over either. Considering you've been driving on those heavy, cast TSWs for awhile, I'd buy a one piece, lightweight forged wheel instead for a complete change of pace. But even if you've already decided on the Competition series wheels from HRE, I'm sure you'll be plenty happy with their weight in comparison to what you have now.

Well I talked with HRE today. The "Promised Ship Date" was March 10th. Actually there was supposed to be a rush on the wheels, so the hope was that they would be out before then. It's now the 11th. I called HRE and they said they don't have the rear barrel for the wheels. Everything else is done. I asked him, what happens if they don't ship them by the promised ship date?
He said, "Well even though it reads "promised ship date" here in the computer, that's not really what it is, we just try to give you an ETA of when they'll be done".

So far, the rush is no rush at all. The promised ship date wasn't delivered, and apparently a "promised" date really doesn't mean promised. I ordered my wheels on 2/8 :frown:

Well I talked with HRE today. The "Promised Ship Date" was March 10th. Actually there was supposed to be a rush on the wheels, so the hope was that they would be out before then. It's now the 11th. I called HRE and they said they don't have the rear barrel for the wheels. Everything else is done. I asked him, what happens if they don't ship them by the promised ship date?
He said, "Well even though it reads "promised ship date" here in the computer, that's not really what it is, we just try to give you an ETA of when they'll be done".

So far, the rush is no rush at all. The promised ship date wasn't delivered, and apparently a "promised" date really doesn't mean promised. I ordered my wheels on 2/8 :frown:

Consider yourself lucky, both my sets of HRE's for my other cars took 10-12 weeks. But I don't have a problem waiting if they do it right the first time.

dont worry im gonna get you some expedited shipping ...:biggrin: im on it .. stupid stuff like back order on 1 little part can drive me nuts... its happens in this business all the time ..

Back