• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HRE Wheels with Brembo BBK

dont worry im gonna get you some expedited shipping ...:biggrin: im on it .. stupid stuff like back order on 1 little part can drive me nuts... its happens in this business all the time ..

Thanks man. I just didn't think you could expedite something like this. I figured something as heavy and big as 4 wheels HAD to be shipped by ground. Usually air mail is saved for envelopes and small packages. How are we going to expedite?

Wheels still won't be here on Friday. They are being shipped from California to Florida right now to have the tires mounted. Ben at WB said he'd expidite the shipping to 2 or 3 days... but that still leaves me around Monday or Tuesday I guess. How long as my car been stuck in the shop now? 6 weeks?

I'm in the process of purchasing stereo equipment right now. If my car leaves the garage without a working stereo, I really don't care. It sounds so shitty I hardly listen to it anyway. I'll just bring it back when I get the goods.

I just want everyone to know that I appreciate all of your input very much. I've listened to alot of opinions about WB, some good, some not so good. I had a 30 min. talk on the phone with a gentleman from HRE in San Diego. He assured me that Ben and WB have a very good satisfaction rating and that Ben is very knowledgeable about the set ups of these wheels. (especially on the NSX and S-2000)

Noting that most people's bad experiences were years ago and the good experiences were more recent, I'm going to take a leap of faith and do business with WB and Ben. So far on the phone he's been super helpful. I think he's been very competitive with his pricing and I believe he's going to do what he can to get my wheels to me in a timely manner as my car is currently held hostage on a lift.

So this is a very public test. I ordered my wheels on Friday afternoon.
(2/8/08) Let's see how they do. I have faith.

Here is the post where you ordered them.
>>>>>>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Here is MARCH 20th!
(no wheels):mad: :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

Your my boy though so your car is safe every night!

i know you are anxious to get them, but just relax :smile:

4-6 weeks is about right for getting them in. I have friends who have ordered from other rim makers and it takes them 3 weeks just to return a call! Remember these are custom built and they go through a QC process. I had a delay in a set of BLACK 542Rs i ordered for my pcar due to the finish on the powdercoat. It didnt pass QC checks, so it had to be addressed. Did it suck not to have them a week earlier, of course, but its good to know they didnt just send out a wheel that isnt up to par. fwiw, I also have them drop ship directly to me, and i order my own tires. Either way looking fwd to seeing the pics asap :biggrin:

i know you are anxious to get them, but just relax :smile:

4-6 weeks is about right for getting them in. I have friends who have ordered from other rim makers and it takes them 3 weeks just to return a call! Remember these are custom built and they go through a QC process. I had a delay in a set of BLACK 542Rs i ordered for my pcar due to the finish on the powdercoat. It didnt pass QC checks, so it had to be addressed. Did it suck not to have them a week earlier, of course, but its good to know they didnt just send out a wheel that isnt up to par. fwiw, I also have them drop ship directly to me, and i order my own tires. Either way looking fwd to seeing the pics asap :biggrin:

I was always told to underpromise and overdeliver. Guess that doesn't apply in all companies.

Well here is the long and short of it.

The wheels... look great.
The fitment... fantastic. The fact that I have such wide rear tires on the back... and I can turn my wheels full lock in both directions with no rubbing issues makes me the happiest guy on earth.

The shipping irked me a bit. Shipping well past a "promised" ship date, and the only reason they were able to do that was because they put my wheels together with parts that were already mounted on another car. The inner barrel I believe it was. I think they knocked off a hundred bucks or something minimal for using those parts. Of course... another company probably would have just used those same parts, not said anything about it and I would've paid the same amount. Over all I'm happy. I wish they would've shown up in the time promised.... but at the end of the day I have a sick set of wheels on my car and again, the fitment is fantastic.... and that's all Ben at WB.

Ben

I know there isn't much demand, but is HRE going to come out with a monoblok for the NSX?

I am waiting for the P40 to come out for the E60 M5 (which is supposed to be out very soon)

Just beautiful

997TT-Front-P40_-1.jpg

Ben

I know there isn't much demand, but is HRE going to come out with a monoblok for the NSX?

I am waiting for the P40 to come out for the E60 M5 (which is supposed to be out very soon)

Just beautiful

997TT-Front-P40_-1.jpg

Ummmm yeah those are HOT!!

No nsx monoblock will be made as the demand isnt there ..sorry ..but m5 its coming out if you want a set i bought the 1st batch call me up if you need it ill put your name on the list ..

Sounds like they look great but now we need pics....................:biggrin:

Those wheels look awesome on your car!!! Perfect choice - the wait was worth it.

I saw some HRE's on a Ferrari last week that had red color matched screws holding the rims together. They were special ordered that way, and came with a special tool that would not chip the paint if they needed to be tightened. Imagine how long that order took!!!

So much hotter than before, sick! need a little CF lip and wing and your set:biggrin: Love the black roof on Imola combo, very rare and exotic:wink:

Just like the ladies we'll be rounding up this summer in Jersey... right kid? :cool:

I AM CALLING BS!!!

If your going to introduce yourself as "hi I am Kyle I have a girlfriend named amanda" you are getting ZERO GIRLS especially in jersey.:biggrin:

Belterra attendees will know what I am talking about!

Damnit Brian! :biggrin:

Look... I just informed the fellas that my girlfriend was unable to attend and told them her name because I was just introduced to all the lovely ladies of the Mid West Sports Car Club.

so did you do the Coilover system?

My new NSX came with a set of HRE's and they need polishing. What do you do to polish them?

I appreciated your feedback...

Hey Phi Alpha. I have a set of HRE's on my car. 18' front, 19" rear. I have had nor problems with them except you do have to keep up with the polishing to keep them looking good. I did curb on of my wheels and contacted HRE. They were very good at helping me. They said just to take it to the local HRE authorized seller ( in Vgeas its Discount Tire). I took mine to them, told them I talked to HRE, gace them the name and number of who I talked to and Discount Tire took it form there. A few weeks later I had my rim back with a new lip and polish of the entire wheel.

Ben

Just beautiful

997TT-Front-P40_-1.jpg

HRE monobloks can be made in NSX fitment if your interested we can give you a quote. (mono bloks can be made for most cars)

I believe the monobloks are a size 19" minimum.
I would never run a 19/20 combo on my NSX

Back