• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSC Turbo ???

The most popular german car magazine "Auto Bild" has written, that next generation NSX/HSC will become a Turbo to push 400HP with V6 3.5l. If that is true, the dream to have an HSC will die for me.
Honda with Turbo sucks !! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Please, Ui Yoshio, don't make some crap !!!!! I beg you !!!!

I agree. If they are going to compete with the nextgen Z06, 911 TT and Ferrari, they are going to need a lot of HP to do it. Turbo has worked well for many cars over the years. I would imagine Honda will do an even better job making sure the car does not let us down.

Also, if they make it turbo from the factory, we should be able to get mods that will make a lot more power for a lot less money.

Sounds good to me!

Also, if they make it turbo from the factory, we should be able to get mods that will make a lot more power for a lot less money.
<p>
I AGREE!!! Bring on the turbo!:D

I am 200% with danpiu on this !

I really hope that the next NSX will not have to use the help of a turbo or supercharger to achieve 400HP ! IMHO, technologically that would be a big step behind !:(

Just my 0.2 cents !

Last edited:
ENZO, you are so right !!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Turbo is only used by manufacturers who has not the knowledge producing lots of HP without any external implements. (british cars, Audi, VW, and so on..)
As Enzo said, Honda should not need a Turbo or supercharger to achieve the 400HP.
Traditionally Honda never used such crap, it's not their philosophy, so I supose that this german magazine (AUTO-Bild No.01/2004) is not well informed or they are making bad jokes.

A Turbo is only used by manufacturers who has not the knowledge producing lots of HP without any external implements. (british cars, Audi, VW, and so on..)
<p>
So I make sure I have this straight ... you are saying companies who use turbos to boost power (no pun intended ;) ) are only using them because they are incapable of making more hp otherwise???
Are you including companies like Ferrari, Porsche, and Lotus in that? Funny, but I never saw them as people who couldn't build n/a engines with power...:rolleyes:

Are you including companies like Ferrari, Porsche, and Lotus in that? Funny, but I n

JAM

I did not include those manufacturers you listed. But on the other side we can include them anyway:

Ferrari produces HP by high milage
Lotus with cheap Turbo-HP's
Porsche by copying valve controll-System in 2000 (GT3) after VTEC-(10-years)patent expired. :rolleyes:

Just about everyone has some kind of valve control now. And am I mistaken, or dont other manufactureres have implimentations of valve control superior to vtec's 2 phase design? VTEC is known more for the nice sound it makes now.

Moab said:
Just about everyone has some kind of valve control now. And am I mistaken, or dont other manufactureres have implimentations of valve control superior to vtec's 2 phase design? VTEC is known more for the nice sound it makes now.

OK, but remember me, who did introduce this technology ?

I think that it's a completely different story between improving an existing techology by copying it and developing this technology from scratch.

JAM said:
Are you including companies like Ferrari, Porsche, and Lotus in that? Funny, but I never saw them as people who couldn't build n/a engines with power..

Ferrari : No, because I don't see a turbo model in the actual Ferrari production. The 2 only Ferrari with turbo that I remember are the almost 20 years old 288GTO followed by the F40. Were there more streetlegal turbo Ferrari ?

Porsche : No, because they know how to build NA high HP engine (GT3, Carrera GT). ITOH, i would never buy a 993TT or 996TT/GT2 but I would find a place in my garage for a GT3 RS. ;)

Lotus : LOL ! I didn't know that they still exist ! :D

I know that in the US the Elise seems something new... here it is now ten years that we see them on the road... they are nice the first 5 times you see them. And driving them is not bad but forget everything that has to do with comfort, rain, space, build quality, ... if you think about buying it!

I am with the swiss guys on this: a trubo NSX would definitely be a let down for me! :(

I would put my 40k$ :p on another used car than the HSC!

PS: I would pay 65k$ for a Diablo or Modena in a couple years (this is one of the advantage of living in Switzerland! :cool: )

VTEC-Technologie was introduced by Honda on NSX and CRX 1989. It increases horsepower with a consistent linear torque and particularly fuel economy (this was the main point to keep the milage lowly).
The Honda patent for variable valve timing expired after 10 years in 1999 and Toyota and Porsche were now allowed to introduce its version variable valve timing in the form of VVTl-i (Toyota) or Variocam Plus (Porsche).

A very similar technology you find on:

-new Porsche models especially on GT3 (380hp)
-Toyota Celica/Corolla 1.8 (192hp)
-the new M3

When I talk to the bullheaded germans, they don't believe that, but it is true. All this high technology comes from our NSX! ;)

I am sure that "AUTO-Bild" has written some crap (Turbo-NSX), because they are jealous to reconice new japanese achievements.

Wickeddeus said:
Lotus Elise.

For me the Lotus Elise is not in the same category than the NSX, Porsche and Ferrari.

It's more like the actual Toyota MR or the Opel Speedster. The Opel and the Lotus share the same chassis.

The Elise is a very nice car...for my mother or my girlfriend but not for me. My mother find the Elise "cute". :D

A Lotus that I would consider but only as a track car is the Exige with the 190HP engine (on special request) and the Supersport exhaust.

danpiu said:
I am sure that "AUTO-Bild" has written some crap (Turbo-NSX), because they are jealous to reconice new japanese achievements.

I am afraid that it's true because it would be an easy way for Honda to stay competitive in the JGTC. :(

danpiu said:
The Honda patent for variable valve timing expired after 10 years in 1999 and Toyota and Porsche were now allowed to introduce its version variable valve timing in the form of VVTl-i (Toyota) or Variocam Plus (Porsche).

A very similar technology you find on:

-new Porsche models especially on GT3 (380hp)

Didn't Porsche already utilize the Variocam on the 285hp 993 engine introduced in 1994 ?

Yes, but Porsche 993 riched ONLY the variable camshaft phasing without in combination with an electronic controll system, i mean a variable timing control. That is producing lots of HP, a steady torque in the mid revs and low milage.

Enzo said:
For me the Lotus Elise is not in the same category than the NSX, Porsche and Ferrari.

It's more like the actual Toyota MR or the Opel Speedster. The Opel and the Lotus share the same chassis.

The Elise is a very nice car...for my mother or my girlfriend but not for me. My mother find the Elise "cute". :D

A Lotus that I would consider but only as a track car is the Exige with the 190HP engine (on special request) and the Supersport exhaust.

LOL, my girlfriend thinks it's cute too.
If you're above 5'10 or so, forget about the Elise, it's a gocart with headlights. It's soooo small.

Wickeddeus said:
Lotus Elise.

With all respect for the people who bought one in the US, and also for the people who own one here.

I have spend some time under the skin of the elise, given assistance in building in a different engine, so i've seen whats under the skin.
I was so disappointed with what i found there. After seing the Elise documentary on the disc.chan. i thought this was a very well put together car with class, but boy.... was i wrong.

The ride is so noisy, you can't imagine. I have never ever been in a car so noisy. Due to the excellent handling, and the light-weight, you can feel every bump in the road, add a carboard chair mounted on the floor, and you know that it is NOT a pleasant ride.

But what really, really put me off, was that the quality of the car is just nothing else than a turnkey kitcar. Not that it is bad, but i expected something completely different for that sort of money.

I still like to have the Esprit in my car collection one day..... ;)

DutchBlackNsx
I agree with you.
This year Lotus Elise '04 will get a Toyota engine 1.8 VTTi with Turbo pushing 225hp. Maybe things will change.

Acura HSC High-Performance Sports Concept Fact Sheet

Acura HSC High-Performance Sports Concept Fact Sheet

ascii | MSWord 40k

Detroit 01/04/2004 -- The Acura HSC (High-Performance Sports Concept) combines supercar performance capabilities with the ease and comfort of a daily driver. Its muscular exterior, with sharp lines and elaborate detail, serve as a teaser for what lies beneath the hood. Located mid-ship for optimum balance, the concept's V-6 engine generates over 300 horsepower. Among its many highlights, the HSC showcases an all-aluminum frame, and aluminum and carbon fiber body panels. Inside, the instrument panel features superimposed meters, designed to provide two sets of information in one location, and a paddle-shift, steering wheel mounted lever for instant gear changes.

Powertrain
o 300+ horsepower

o 3.5-liter V-6 engine

o SportShift transmission

Suspension
o 4-wheel double wishbone suspension

o Six-piston caliper Brembo disc brakes

o Five-spoke forged aluminum alloy wheels

Body
o All-aluminum frame

o Carbon fiber body panels

o Satin silver paint

o HID headlamps

o High-illumination LED taillights

o Rearview camera

o Dual exhaust tips

Interior
o Black leather seats

o Anodized aluminum and carbon fiber accent trim

o Leather-wrapped steering wheel

o Aluminum foot pedals

Auto Bild, bad news

That rag is the Weekly World news of car rumors. They have had so many absolutely erroneous articles full of rumors about new BMW's that I can't even begin to tell you about it. I was big into BMW before I bought the NSX and according to Auto Bild, the current M3 was supposed to be a V8, the Z4 looked absolutely different and drove like a porsche carrera gt with the M3's V6 and SMG in the readily and quickly available M version. If that car existed, I wouldn't have an NSX. I wouldn't trust a thing they say.

Just my 2 cents.

Matt W.

Back