• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hugabuga Window Regulator Install Tour - Toronto/GTA stop

Hello Sean, hello Hugo,

Thanks for hosting this Saturday. I plan on joining. :smile: Can I just come anytime, or there timeslots allocated already?
Even if Hugo is fully booked, I will come anyways as I may learn a thing or 2 about NSX windows.... My driver side window has a scratch from a worn spacer :mad:
See you Saturday (probably at around 11:30 ish ...) !

Mike

Hello Sean, hello Hugo,

Thanks for hosting this Saturday. I plan on joining. :smile: Can I just come anytime, or there timeslots allocated already?
Even if Hugo is fully booked, I will come anyways as I may learn a thing or 2 about NSX windows.... My driver side window has a scratch from a worn spacer :mad:
See you Saturday (probably at around 11:30 ish ...) !

Mike

I think 11:30ish should work pretty well Mike.

For everyone's reference, my address is:

Removed.

Last edited:
He did my car a couple of days ago, definitely spend some time talking to him and asking questions. I learned a ton about how things work and what's the best way to keep it in good shape. Great Job Hugo!!!!!

Can someone PM me the address of the Markham location? Thanks!

What a great day to get the windows done! We had 5 cars completed, with a 6th member get one in a to-go container because his car's in for some paint work.

All I can say, is that I'm glad Hugo installs the kits, because once I'm done pulling the door panels out my expertise is tapped out. Watching Hugo work is magic. If you watch his video you see the clock spring assembly, which I think is the hardest part of the entire procedure.

All in all, this small expenditure was well worth it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
He was awesome, very informative, my windows on both side are working wonderfully. Too bad I miss everyone. Thank again for organizing it, Sean.

Last edited:
We're onto 3rd car with no one else in queue. If you plan to join in Markham now is time to come by.

Hugo....What an interesting capable guy. He lives in Portugal....owns 7 NSXs is visiting about 6 cities in the US on this trip.
He did my drivers window, showed me how the mechanism developed its faulty action.
Thanks to all who organised his trip to Toronto and for those guys who hosted.

Hello fellow NSX owners ...
First of all I would like to thank car2slo who hosted the Sunday window event at his house...
Second ...Hugo....
He is the Real Deal...

I am in the automotive industry .. I am a certified Automotive Mechanic for 20 years working on Honda's
I then got injured at work (carpal tunnel) & switched to being a Service Advisor for Honda now in my 15th year...

I can tell you I know good mechanics, bad mechanics & the exceptional gifted ones...
Hugo fits the last category
Hugo owns 7 NSX's..
He came upon a common issue with all of them...
window regulators...
found a solution...
got the parts needed & tested his solution....
Then mass produced the parts needed for him in a kit form to fix the issue...
Marketed the issue & the solution ..
Implemented an action plan to repair the problem and went to work
I witnessed him
(from the background) working on 3 NSX's at one time..
I was very impressed... Yes I'm picky with who touches my car.,..
I recommend Hugo 100%
If you missed his repair for any reason you made a LARGE mistake...
Thank you Hugo
I will Tuot your abilities to all who will listen....
Hey Honda Canada... if you are reading this.... HIRE HUGO.... He is the Real Deal...
I'm sure you can use this multi talented, dedicated, hard working, on time problem solver for your TEAM....
Gary

Last edited:
Thanks Hugo for making the stop-over in Toronto and I hope it was worth your time!

Hugo fixed 10+ cars over the weekend.

Thank you to Sean and Raj for offering up their homes to host. Hugo and the rest of us appreciate the hospitality. It was great to spend some time getting to know some of the other members!

Hugo's adventure continues back into the US...

Thanks Hugo for making the stop-over in Toronto and I hope it was worth your time!

Hugo fixed 10+ cars over the weekend.

Thank you to Sean and Raj for offering up their homes to host. Hugo and the rest of us appreciate the hospitality. It was great to spend some time getting to know some of the other members!

Hugo's adventure continues back into the US...

It was my pleasure. We would have done a BBQ at the end, but it seemed like everyone wanted to bust out and get home.

Hugo did 5 installs at my house on Saturday, plus one additional a-la carte sale.

TorontoNSX, I am going to paste your glowing review in the main thread if you don't mind.

My pleasure as well. It was great meeting many of you and hope to see you again soon.

Thanks to Hugo as well. TorontoNSX, get that info to Honda Canada. Hugo is looking and would love for him to stay local if he does move.

Sean, I m hosting his last tour in BC, couple questions--1) how do I put names down on the thread of each members for the job in order of showing up 2) Do they show up with US$ for the job and the kits or we need to pre order ?
3) as host, for did you supply to the members for food and drinks while they are waiting . Thanks Robert

Sean, I m hosting his last tour in BC, couple questions--1) how do I put names down on the thread of each members for the job in order of showing up 2) Do they show up with US$ for the job and the kits or we need to pre order ?
3) as host, for did you supply to the members for food and drinks while they are waiting . Thanks Robert

Hey Robert, it was easy as pie.
1) Hugo prefers to do multiple installations at once, as it allows him to switch his tooling less. ie; if he can have 6 cars lined up it's a lot quicker to do them all at once, than one at a time.
2) This was a bit of a wrinkle for us. We accounted for the exchange rate. That means a $400 full package worked out to about $500 Canadian.
3) We supplied coffee. I was going to offer a BBQ at the end of the day, but it seemed like everyone wanted to go home.

The biggest thing is the ability to make Hugo's job easier. If you guys can take care of the door panels on your own, do it! it streamlines everything (and saves money!) By the end of the day, I think I had it down to about 10 minutes per door. After all, there is only 15 connectors per door.

Sounds like it'll be an awesome time.

I'd recommend that the guys show up with cash during the morning of the event.

He didn't have a problem with cash, he has an ATM card that lets him deposit it so he doesn't have to carry too much.

Back