• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Huh? Naked, Virgin, Catholic Model

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
Interesting read... (sorta)

The recent April issue of GQ magazine includes a most curious article about Adriana Lima. She is the Brazillian Victoria’s Secret supermodel and the ninety-seventh highest-paid famous person in the world, according to Forbes. She made Maxim’s Hot 100 list in 2003. She was engaged to rocker Lenny Kravitz in 2002. And, like many supermodels, the internet is filled with nude photos of her, which I swear I did not look at.

What makes her story so dang weird is that in addition to being a supermodel, she’s also a devout Catholic virgin. Of her modeling (that includes a lot of nudes and near-nudes), she says, "God has given me a lot of work." Apparently that work includes a part-time job learning to spell the word c-o-n-t-r-a-d-i-c-t-i-o-n.

The GQ interview includes the following curious points:

ADRIANA LIMA: OUR FAVORITE… VIRGIN?

Could the world’s sexiest underwear model really be so pure?

Photographs by Steven Klein
Interview by Lisa DePaulo

She shows up precisely on time—for breakfast. At ten o’clock on a Saturday morning. In Midtown Manhattan. (This alone tells us she is not your average supermodel.) But wait. Adriana Lima, the Brazilian beauty, the ninety-seventh highest-paid famous person in the world according to Forbes, the reason our nephews spank away to Victoria’s Secret catalogs, has plenty of surprises. (Unfortunately, no surprises about her famous ex-boyfriends: We are told ahead of time that any questions about Lenny Kravitz, the model-collecting rocker with whom she was allegedly involved, are “off-limits.” Ditto for Derek Jeter.) But did we mention she’s a virgin? Hey, that’s her story—and she’s stickin’ to it.

How old are you, anyway?

Um, my age, I’m gonna leave, like, free for everybody to think about. I’m gonna leave it a secret, so when I get old, nobody will know.

Did you always plan on being a supermodel?

When I started, I was too young to know what I wanted. But today I would like to be a doctor. I want to be a pediatry…how do you call it, pediatrician?

Yeah. Pediatrician. So you like kids?

Not really. Depends. If they act well behaved, yes. When they start screaming, I don’t like them. But this is my plan. I might change my mind. For now, God has given me a lot of work.

I take it you’re religious?

Yes! I am Catholic. [she pulls out the cardboard scapular hanging around her neck, under her big gray sweater]

Wow. A scapular. Do you go to church?

Of course! Every Sunday.

Is there anything in the teachings of the Catholic Church that you don’t agree with?

No.

Are you pro-life?

What do you mean, pro-life?

How do you feel about abortion?

I think it’s a crime.

[. . .]

Are you a one-guy woman?

Of course! I’m a Catholic.

Look, I’m Catholic, too, but there’s a lot of things about the church that make it hard to date within its rules, don’t you think?

Like what?

Birth control, premarital sex…

Well, you know, sex is just for after marriage.

Say what?

Sex is for after marriage.

Are you saying you’re not going to have sex before marriage?

Exactly.

You mean you’ve never had sex?

That’s why I have to say.

You sure about this?

Yes.

How do men respond to the fact that you plan to, you know, wait?

I don’t care. They have to respect that this is my choice. If there’s no respect, that means they don’t want me.

Complete 3+ page interview: http://men.style.com/gq/features/full?id=content_4255

VERY, VERY HOT!:biggrin:

ok

she's a virgin... so??

im sure alot of celebs aren't quite as slutty or evil as they are portrayed. the media is alot like a glorified cafeteria high school lunch... tons of rumors - most are probably false or exaggerated.

i know many virgins over 20, many who are very very hot.

no judgement, just observation...

rickysals said:
... she's a virgin... so??

The main premise of the blogger's intent wasn't to question her character relative to others. It was merely to iterate a conflict of morality, per'se. Someone who is comfortable w/ nudity & what it entails (14yo's, Victoria's Secret catalog, locked-door) or the general lack of modesty, but then also assertive & committed in keeping themselves chaste. A paradox of sorts. To be concise: compulsion & omission.

I don't care about her views. All I care about are her LOOKS.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That girl's eyes can pierce through lead. Stunning, absolutely stunning.

Back